TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

And from the "Could You tell Me Where?... Thanks!" Dept....

I am curious as to where they (Cedar Point)

sell park merchandise ie. souvenirs, coffee mugs, t-shirts, etc.?

I have seen dozens and dozens of maps thru the years,

but have never made out those kinds of places in the park.

Just where-to-eats, and the rides themself.

And from the "Could You tell Me Where?... Thanks!" Dept....

I am curious as to where they (Cedar Point)

sell park merchandise ie. souvenirs, coffee mugs, t-shirts, etc.?

I have seen dozens and dozens of maps thru the years,

but have never made out those kinds of places in the park.

Just where-to-eats, and the rides themself.

now WHY in the world, would you want to know that Bill?. . . hmmmmm???

LOL

As for the drive it's super simple and mostly traffic free. Most of it's on a toll road so bring some cash (I never think of this since I use a card for everything) or if you have an EZ Pass bring it on the plane and hold it up to the windshield when you go through the gates if you want.

The other option is to take 90W to route 2 West and get off at Rye Beach road. No tolls and very minimal traffic.

This is definitely the best way to go if you are coming in from Cleveland.

Also - as some have mentioned, most of the decent gift shops are near the front of the park on the main Midway, Bill!

As for the drive it's super simple and mostly traffic free. Most of it's on a toll road so bring some cash (I never think of this since I use a card for everything) or if you have an EZ Pass bring it on the plane and hold it up to the windshield when you go through the gates if you want.

The other option is to take 90W to route 2 West and get off at Rye Beach road. No tolls and very minimal traffic.

This is definitely the best way to go if you are coming in from Cleveland.

Also - as some have mentioned, most of the decent gift shops are near the front of the park on the main Midway, Bill!

Forgot to mention that the Ohio Turnpike (said toll road above) accepts credit and debit cards. But having cash on you is a good idea as well. I believe the toll from entrance closest to the airport to the recommended exit for CP is around $2-3.

There is also one more decent gift shop in the back of the park between Chuck Wagon and the 3 point shooting game. Not as good as the one up front and have mostly discounted, discontinued merch but worth checking out.

Park Plaza is the main gift shop. Next to the midway carousel. The other decent one is the pagoda gift shop which is across the midway from Valravns first inversion.

I thought pagoda gift shop was the main gift shop at the park?

And if you take US 2 to Milan Road is pretty easy getting to the park as well from Cleveland.

Park Plaza is the main gift shop. Next to the midway carousel. The other decent one is the pagoda gift shop which is across the midway from Valravns first inversion.

And if you take US 2 to Milan Road is pretty easy getting to the park as well from Cleveland.

I consider park Plaza to be just because it's closer to the front of the park and has, in my opinion, more of a selection.

There are a few decent gift shops around the park, with several decent offerings. I appreciate the fact that they offer Cedar Point shirts for adults without cheesy roller coaster backgrounds, dumb phrases, or statistics painted all over them.

I have heard that using the Milan Rd exit can be a nightmare around park opening because all of the hotels in the area, the traffic from the turnpike as well as Rt. 2 all merging onto Cleveland Rd (two lane). Plus they were doing a lot of construction on it last summer - although that could (or should) very well be finished by now.

If you are coming in later in the morning or afternoon, using that route shouldn't be an issue, but if trying to get in for early entry or around 10, I would highly recommend the Rye Beach Rd. exit off of Rt. 2.

I go to gift shops all the time when I go to amusement parks. Its like a must do thing for me! However yet I never brother to remember the names of the shops....lol. I think its because Im focused on mainly one thing and thats keychains! Since I collect keychains I will always get a keychain or 2 or....5...when i go to parks. Especially since amusement parks are my favorite place so what no better place to get key chains then from a park! I guess im weird like that while most are heading for teas and hoodies im heading for the keychains and sometimes other odd trinkets.

I have heard that using the Milan Rd exit can be a nightmare around park opening because all of the hotels in the area, the traffic from the turnpike as well as Rt. 2 all merging onto Cleveland Rd (two lane). Plus they were doing a lot of construction on it last summer - although that could (or should) very well be finished by now.

If you are coming in later in the morning or afternoon, using that route shouldn't be an issue, but if trying to get in for early entry or around 10, I would highly recommend the Rye Beach Rd. exit off of Rt. 2.

I was there last may and construction looked like it was pretty much done. And I never really had any problems with the traffic.

I go to gift shops all the time when I go to amusement parks. Its like a must do thing for me! However yet I never brother to remember the names of the shops....lol. I think its because Im focused on mainly one thing and thats keychains! Since I collect keychains I will always get a keychain or 2 or....5...when i go to parks. Especially since amusement parks are my favorite place so what no better place to get key chains then from a park! I guess im weird like that while most are heading for teas and hoodies im heading for the keychains and sometimes other odd trinkets.

I totally get you haha. I collect pins so when the battle for cedar point app came out that rewards pins, I was very happy lol

Sorry for the double post. . .

But just saw a new photo of NMS on social media, and WHOA!!! That dive down after the turning climb up looks amazing!!!

I wasn't searching for the photo, it just showed up when I was scrolling, and oh boy!!!

Also, the way the photo was taken makes Maverick look tony!!!

Well, for myself, it will be one t-shirt, one coffee mug, and 'maybe' a fridge magnet, lol.

And "something unusual" that Cedar Point may have for me.

I'll absolutely get fridge magnet (s) and *maybe* a shirt for Nick (and one for me if I can find one I like)

Well, for myself, it will be one t-shirt, one coffee mug, and 'maybe' a fridge magnet, lol.

And "something unusual" that Cedar Point may have for me.

I'll absolutely get fridge magnet (s) and *maybe* a shirt for Nick (and one for me if I can find one I like)

I'm a fridge magnet guy too!

Last year CP had several cool t-shirt designs with the old logo as well as one's of some of the now defunct rides like Schwabinchen, Jumbo Jet and the old Earthquake dark ride.

I'm not a big coaster t-shirt guy, but I do like these retro style t-shirts. I also have one from Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island and Kings Dominion (all released during their anniversary years).

Capture.JPG.ad13e311154b716032640689eeab825d.JPG

Here is the one I bought.

Just to chime in, I'm a fridge magnet nut, though I recently removed the "fridge" from that equation. I bought a 24x36 galvanized steel sheet from Home Depot and put it in a 24x36 frame from Michaels. Looking forward to adding Cedar Point (and Kings Island) to that collection in a couple of months!