TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Kings Dominion has it as well theirs is $115. I wonder how much that would be if they implemented it at all the parks and offered it with platinum. i wouldn't be surprised to see $300. heck for Cedar Point alone it wouldn't surprise me if it would be that much.

Heck, I'd expect more in the $500-600 range. And if I lived within an hour of CP I'd think that would be very reasonable.

edit* Looking back to Six Flags doing their All Season Flash Pass, SFGAm has it at $400, SFMM at $500. Not sure how successful it was, but they are still doing it so it must have worked. I'd definitely think CP would be a lot more.

^Yeah, as much as I was glad for the environmentalism of not using disposable cups, I might still do it for the convenience.

Sometimes it's easier to be a self proclaimed hypocrite than a liar. I say this from personal experience...

If Cedar Point offers it, I would expect the price point to be much, much higher.

Honestly, I hope it is. I know I sound like a spoiled jerk, but last summer when we paid a couple hundred bucks for our FL+ I didn't feel like we got our money's worth, since we still waited about thirty minutes for a lot of coasters. I would have been fine with paying a lot more for more exclusion.

Edited by prozach626

Considering FL+ for a Saturday on expected to be busy days is 149.99....It will definitely be pretty expensive. Agreed though, that it should be pretty limited in quantity sold.

The price point should limit the quantity sold on it's own, if it doesn't then they haven't found the right price point. Honestly I would think this would need to be somewhere in the $400 to $500 range. Great Adventure is currently selling their season Flash Pass for $399, Magic Mountain's is selling theirs for $499. Both of those parks have longer seasons (though Great Adventure doesn't usually offer Flash Pass during HITP) and are in a different chain obviously but those seem to be appropriately priced based on average wait times. This is far more than the average guest is willing to spend, but a season skip the line pass isn't a product that was ever intended for the average guest.

^I've thought about that and talked it over with Emily. That might be the next evolution of nerd'ism for me. Seems pretty cool. Cedar Point of one of the Busch's would probably be the place to do it. I could probably sell a VIP tour of Busch Gardens Willaimsburg to Emily. It's her favorite park.

I tried the fresh cut fries when I came back in the fall. What did they all have in common? They SUCKED.

Really surprised to hear that about the fresh cut fries because we have always enjoyed ours. May I ask which stand you got them at? Did you get them with cheese, chili cheese, plain or parm/garlic?

I wouldn't say its a must, but if you've never had Chickies crab fries give them a try, they are fantastic.

I agree. Chickie and Pete's crab fries are delicious with beer.

I tried the fresh cut fries when I came back in the fall. What did they all have in common? They SUCKED.

Really surprised to hear that about the fresh cut fries because we have always enjoyed ours. May I ask which stand you got them at? Did you get them with cheese, chili cheese, plain or parm/garlic?

It was the stand behind Dragster's tower if I'm not mistaken. I got them plain (well... salted) because I wanted to try them untainted. They were soggy and pretty tasteless (to be fair, ordering them plain might've been a goof on my part), plus I had to wait what felt like an eternity to get them. I managed to down maybe three quarters of them just because I was trying to get my money's worth out of them.

By comparison, the hovel of a Taco Bell I hit up on 250 on my way back home later that day, where I got three burritos for about the same price as the fries, was like a fist full of roses.

I wouldn't say its a must, but if you've never had Chickies crab fries give them a try, they are fantastic.

I agree. Chickie and Pete's crab fries are delicious with beer.

Thirded. As a southeastern PA native who occasionally goes to visit our slightly more horrible neighbors in New Jersey, I've also been to Chickie and Pete's on several occasions. I'm in agreement with you both that they're usually quite good. Now that I recall, I did go to the Chickie and Pete's at Cedar Point last year as well. Unfortunately, I skipped on the fries and instead ordered the world's driest chicken parmesan sandwich. Unless it's one of the Philly area restaurants, I'll probably just stick to the fries since my diseased brain is now convinced that ordering anything else is a crapshoot.

Anyway, Pink's, Famous Dave's, Melt, and Chickie and Pete's (fries); I'll remember that. Everything else can go to hell. Thanks, benevolent TPR people.

^ My Mantra...

"Famous Dave's -

Melt and Pink's -

Chickie's & Pete's

For Crab Fries!"

ChickiesPetesCrabFries.jpg.3ca5a22d6abd3bd1b77630654fdc109e.jpg

I see myself getting some Crab Fries, and then heading directly over to Pink's for a Hot Dog! Yum!

CO, KD, Dorney, CGA, VF, WoF are all doing the Season long Fast Lane. Seems they're updating it as the night goes on. Carowinds is arguably the closest to CP in the chain. The one at CO is a $125 add on.

Edited by ToNC

CO, KD, Dorney, CGA, VF, WoF are all doing the Season long Fast Lane. Seems they're updating it as the night goes on. Carowinds is arguably the closest to CP in the chain. The one at CO is a $125 add on.

I'm sure I'm going to end up feeling really stupid, but for the life of me I can not figure out which park you are using the acronym CO for....

I'm sure I'm going to end up feeling really stupid, but for the life of me I can not figure out which park you are using the acronym CO for....

Carowinds I assume.

Carowinds I assume.

Yeah. I wasn't sure what the abbreviation for Carowinds was since CW is taken.

Carowinds is arguably the closest to CP in the chain

Unless it's a Saturday or Scarowinds, Fury, Afterburn and Intimidator generally have wait times of about 5-15 minutes. Fastlane is almost never necessary at that park. At Cedar Point it's extremely beneficial almost every single day of the operating season.

As for you saying Carowinds is the closest to CP,I would put Kings Island in terms of location and popularity.

I think he's strictly referring to the parks that currently offer season-long Fastlane.

As of now, it seems like they're really just focusing on increasing spending in parks where Fastlane isn't a major seller. I'm assuming they make boatloads of money on it at at Cedar Point, Wonderland and Kings Island.

So far all of the parks except Cedar Point which have updated to the new website design have listed Season Long Fast Lane plus as an option. Except you can look at this another way and notice that the add-on is also appearing several weeks before the opening day for each of these parks. So I am not sure if it is still too early to actually draw a real conclusion. Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland and maybe even Cedar Point might still offer this add-on.

But those 3 parks are on a completely different level in attendance from the rest of the chain, so it makes sense that it might not be offered. Carowinds gets 2 million guests a year. While Cedar Point is around 3.5 million, Kings Island 3.3 million, and Canada's Wonderland 3.6 million. Of these three parks, I still suspect guests spend a lot more time per a visit at Cedar Point since it is more of a resort destination instead of just the local park.

Edited by kenban

I think he's strictly referring to the parks that currently offer season-long Fastlane.

As of now, it seems like they're really just focusing on increasing spending in parks where Fastlane isn't a major seller. I'm assuming they make boatloads of money on it at at Cedar Point, Wonderland and Kings Island.

I'm kind of curious as to if they're just testing it at the other parks, or if any others would end up adopting it. On the website it says only so many are available for the season.

I know they did it at VF. But I didn't think it was introduced at the start of the season. I could be wrong though.

I thought I also saw this wouldn't be valid during the Haunt events. Can anyone double check me on that?