TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I hate those kind of restraints altogether, coming from the world of retro-rides, where you had

a seat belt and you dealt with it, best you could! The retro Zipper used a flattened wide belt

on your legs, to hold you in place as you flip over and over and ... As did that wheel ride, right?

squirrelcage01.jpg.e462b6a30f16e298fd842534f7b210ef.jpg

This wheel ride. Squirrel Cage?

^Skyrush has annoying restraints, but it's so worth it! And I have no problems with Millennium Flyer lap bars. On Thunderhead and Lightning Racer they give you a good amount of freedom and it isn't too tight at all.

Millennium Flyers' lapbars fit perfectly at the top of my thigh and the bottom of my stomach, where the seatbelt buckle likes to sit. So it's like specifically wedged right where my body bends. The perfect storm of discomfort.

Am I the only person that really dislikes Skyrush?

I wouldn't say I really disliked it, but it's definitely not a favorite of mine. However, there are several rides that get a lot of praise around these parts that I'm not overly enamored with. I sort of expected not to like Maverick that much for similar reasons as ultra-aggressive and whip-like isn't my thing, but I actually loved it. For me, a great ride requires careful pacing and immersion as well as the right balance between fun and intensity. Maverick struck a better balance than I expected it to.

I absolutely love GCI's restraints. GhostRider's new trains are 1000x more comfortable than the old PTCs. Even if they do staple, they have such a nice curvature that is isn't uncomfortable at all. I didn't have any noticeable issues with Apocalypse, Lightning Racer, or Wildcat either.

Skyrush is a gift to the world, and anyone who says otherwise is dead to me. America doesn't deserve it tbh.

Well, one thing that wasn't mentioned is that MELT will be the only place *in* the park selling LIQUOR and Cocktails! And what better place than the Joe Cool area, lol.

Source: cpfoodblog

I am probably more stoked about this than anything else mentioned from WCO. Every restaurant they have had here in the past has sucked, so it's nice to see that they are finally trying something completely different & unique - as well as local to the state to boot.

Love the overall direction the park is going...but of course, when said park direction involves good food, cold beer and liquor, I will always love it.

And of course, the 900 pound gorilla sitting at the Northern-most section of the park has piqued my interest as well

If I can help it, I usually avoid eating at parks due to the fact that the prices are absurd and the food is abysmal. When I went to the Point in spring last year, I got Subway and a grilled chicken combo (somewhere at the far end of the park), then for kicks, I tried the fresh cut fries when I came back in the fall. What did they all have in common? They SUCKED. Between that and the gristle-ridden brisket I got down in Carowinds, part of me never wants to give any park so much as a thin dime for their food again.

The lone exception might be Famous Dave's at the Point. Sure, I ended up dropping over thirty bucks on myself by the time I was done, but I DINED LIKE ROYALTY. Beef tips, barbecue chicken, ribs, a corn muffin, baked beans; I sat at the bar feeling like a king from olden times. Then I immediately walked on to Gatekeeper and miraculously didn't barf all over myself. Truly one of my proudest achievements.

Based on a few things I've read in this thread, though, it sounds like I did it wrong. I probably won't make it back to Sandusky for at least three years, but in the meantime, I'm starting to compile a list of places I need to hit while I'm in the park. Here's all I've got so far:

- Pink's

- Melt

Any other must-visits?

What records do you think they will try to break for a wood / hybrid coaster?

The obvious of speed, inversions and height, but I'm thinking they could go completely left field with this one like most combined air time or most drops in general. Would be cool to see a RCT style woodie with a ton of hills that never seems to end.

Edited by mwoods244

So far I've only been on Wicked Cyclone and Lightning Rod and I wouldn't put either above those coasters. I have the unpopular opinion that Thunderhead is better than Lightning Rod though. I also rode El Toro the day after Wicked Cyclone last year and though it was close the Bull is just plain better IMO

If I can help it, I usually avoid eating at parks due to the fact that the prices are absurd and the food is abysmal. When I went to the Point in spring last year, I got Subway and a grilled chicken combo (somewhere at the far end of the park), then for kicks, I tried the fresh cut fries when I came back in the fall. What did they all have in common? They SUCKED. Between that and the gristle-ridden brisket I got down in Carowinds, part of me never wants to give any park so much as a thin dime for their food again.

The lone exception might be Famous Dave's at the Point. Sure, I ended up dropping over thirty bucks on myself by the time I was done, but I DINED LIKE ROYALTY. Beef tips, barbecue chicken, ribs, a corn muffin, baked beans; I sat at the bar feeling like a king from olden times. Then I immediately walked on to Gatekeeper and miraculously didn't barf all over myself. Truly one of my proudest achievements.

Based on a few things I've read in this thread, though, it sounds like I did it wrong. I probably won't make it back to Sandusky for at least three years, but in the meantime, I'm starting to compile a list of places I need to hit while I'm in the park. Here's all I've got so far:

- Pink's

- Melt

Any other must-visits?

Nope, you pretty much got it right. Pink's and Famous Dave's are great. Melt looks amazing, too. I will definitely try that myself next time I'm there.

Ive only ridden Outlaw Run and it has a pretty fast lift compared to most coasters I have been on. No matter how good this new coaster is, I still don't think I'd be able to put it above Outlaw Run. That double barrel roll is hard to beat.

What about a triple barrel roll?

Ive only ridden Outlaw Run and it has a pretty fast lift compared to most coasters I have been on. No matter how good this new coaster is, I still don't think I'd be able to put it above Outlaw Run. That double barrel roll is hard to beat.

Eh. For me I think the double barrel roll is perfect. It's not to little and not to much. . . It's just right!! I think 3 in a row might start feeling a little repetitive. Like on the 10 inversion coasters. All the rolls near the end just seem so redundant and not that enjoyable.

Eh. For me I think the double barrel roll is perfect. It's not to little and not to much. . . It's just right!! I think 3 in a row might start feeling a little repetitive. Like on the 10 inversion coasters. All the rolls near the end just seem so redundant and not that enjoyable.

I'm hoping this thing doesn't have inversions. A balls to the wall intense twisty air time machine would be perfect I think. Then again, I'm not one to go nuts for inversions.

What about a double barrel roll?

- Pink's

- Melt

Any other must-visits?

I wouldn't say its a must, but if you've never had Chickies crab fries give them a try, they are fantastic.

For those who care about the new all season drink plan it is now available for purchase on Point's website for $26.99 (other CF parks currently have it at $29.99) before processing fees and taxes.

highlights from the FAQ page for those who don't read it:

-Drink plans on platinum passes are valid at all CF parks

-Valid thru end of season events such as Winterfest

-if you purchased the bottles but have yet to redeem you can change to the cup plan when you redeem your voucher

-if you have a bottle and mid-season you want to change your plan you can do so at guest services for a $2.99 exchange fee and they take your bottle and deactivate it.

-1 refill every 15 minutes (same as the bottle)

^Yeah, as much as I was glad for the environmentalism of not using disposable cups, I might still do it for the convenience.

What records do you think they will try to break for a wood / hybrid coaster?

The obvious of speed, inversions and height, but I'm thinking they could go completely left field with this one like most combined air time or most drops in general. Would be cool to see a RCT style woodie with a ton of hills that never seems to end.

How about a lift hill and a mid-course launch?

For those who care about the new all season drink plan it is now available for purchase on Point's website for $26.99 (other CF parks currently have it at $29.99) before processing fees and taxes.

highlights from the FAQ page for those who don't read it:

-Drink plans on platinum passes are valid at all CF parks

-Valid thru end of season events such as Winterfest

-if you purchased the bottles but have yet to redeem you can change to the cup plan when you redeem your voucher

-if you have a bottle and mid-season you want to change your plan you can do so at guest services for a $2.99 exchange fee and they take your bottle and deactivate it.

-1 refill every 15 minutes (same as the bottle)

They need to introduce a plan that includes a drink with your meals only. You get a drink included with each meal used on your dining pass and add $12 cost to dining pass. I know for me I only really get drinks when I eat =, thus usually just get water and bring a small collapse cup. It's totally not worth paying $27 for someone like me in the past and also the bottle carrying issue. The only problem this really solves is the rides that exclude items. Since SF gives you the drink season bottle for free with purchase of gold dining I use the bottle. SF parks are not as exclusionary on items in the line.

a mid-course launch?

Yes! I been sayin' that since last summer. I'm all for them taking their time and opening this thing in 2018. But I hope, with such a nice long lead time, they will really go all out. Even if they don't, it will still be a great ride, yeah... we all know that. Just me wishing!

Double loading station, mid-course launch, longest coaster, etc...

Kings Dominion has it as well theirs is $115. I wonder how much that would be if they implemented it at all the parks and offered it with platinum. i wouldn't be surprised to see $300. heck for Cedar Point alone it wouldn't surprise me if it would be that much.