TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

At a local watering hole near the park and what do I see?...

Lol. Good thing I'm not there. Once I have a couple drinks in me I tend to make friends with everyone around me. They would have been target number one lol.

I'm sure it would be tempting, but especially with a bunch of construction dudes, I actually doubt they would want to talk roller coasters. A lot of people generally don't like to talk about work on their free time, period. I throw up in my mouth every time I'm out trying to have a good time and one of my dumba$$ acquaintances or family members starts talking to me about police BS. I cringe at the thought.

Likewise, I'm sure these guys get approached by an endless mass of coaster teens and comic book collectors inquiring about the new coaster.

At a local watering hole near the park and what do I see?...

Lol. Good thing I'm not there. Once I have a couple drinks in me I tend to make friends with everyone around me. They would have been target number one lol.

I'm wondering where the rest of the story is... There is no way you spot those guys and don't have a story...

Clearly they're paid prot...err enthusiasts wearing RMC gear to troll other enthusiasts.

8:30 tour went really well! Weather only got bad towards the end. They took us up under Gemeni and then through Frontiertown past Cedar Creek Mine ride. "No photo zone! Look at Millennium Force!" *wink wink nudge nudge*

I'm curious to see what other people thought but we had a clear enough view of the other side of that hill. It's not done yet, but looks like it banks sharply left and then back right again. Didn't look like an inversion to me but I could be wrong. It's even more amazing looking in person! No other track I saw but obvious deconstruction of the structure and adding height on the lift. I'm very pleased we at least got to see that much! We'll see if Q&A turns up anything.

I'll post some of my photos but I'm sure others will have better ones

IMG_4652.thumb.JPG.e18ad081a92b6f21d0bde5289a522780.JPG

IMG_4656.thumb.JPG.6321101fa00334926f4574db514dd236.JPG

Here ya go!

IMG_4657.thumb.JPG.93c569ecab878a9a7d8c16fc7f14e7c1.JPG

IMG_4661.thumb.JPG.facd010f0b7a8c832a2db52b663b5444.JPG

Sexy glasses we got to keep

IMG_4666.thumb.JPG.945fc21fd6434a41e5ab12d14e93f5ab.JPG

Beautiful day until later

IMG_4668.thumb.JPG.b1383ada0fd942fb25e4c3621e157942.JPG

Water park construction

IMG_4672.thumb.JPG.1345a902720388ffb540103381a8ec67.JPG

Under Gemeni

IMG_4687.thumb.JPG.58d433af8eeb308b1616ee534a46b497.JPG

IMG_4692.thumb.JPG.a4531d5befde2e0b073a69680a5f8cad.JPG

I'll have an update soon.

I am baffled why they cut so many trees down in the park. All the trees in front of the panda express are gone, along with some on the Frontier trail.

There are a lot of great things happening in the park, but they asked that we not say anything until after 3pm today.

Ok....

Here are just a few things things I got from today.

1. Melt is replacing Joe cools cafe. The restaurant will be getting a total remodeling and will open a little later than opening day.

2. The park will announce what's going on with mean streak when it's best for the park (per Tony and Jason).

3. Lots of concrete being replaced.

4. Cedar point express look great.

5. They will be implementing a drink refill program where instead of a souvenir cup, you can just go to a food stand show your pass and get a regular disposable cups.

6.coaster Campout is returning.

7. The website changes and cell phone sites will be the same, and you will now be able to purchase coaster mania tickets on your cell phone.

8. The revamped water park are moving right along thanks to the mild weather.

9. The new rear entrance gate is looking great, and Cinnabon and the pizza place will be returning to a new spot.

These are the main things. Other than that, not much was said about mean streak. They did show a nice picture of it though.

That's unfortunate. The park really doesn't need less trees.

Agreed, that's pretty disappointing. I don't know what it says about me that this is somehow the biggest news to come out of Winter Chill Out this year but... there you go. lol

It seems like a cool event though, hopefully everyone had a good time.

I had a blast today at Chillout. I appreciate all that the park did for us.

About the picture they showed us... I wasn't really sure if I was seeing it right but it was a very nice shot taken from the track looking up to the hill we've seen. However, what got me is it almost looked like there was a flat portion (the vantage point of the shot) and structure to the left. Don't take my word for it because they only showed it briefly and maybe someone else can weigh in, but it almost looked like the lift hill was to the left and separate from the track leading to that big hill. I considered the possibility of a launch midway through the ride as well as a traditional lift at the beginning, but what do I know?

I could be completely off and we'll really only know for sure when they officially announce it, "when it is beneficial to our business model," but maybe something to think about?

I was looking at the new pictures floating around. Could it be that the track unbanks at the top and has a straight drop on the other side... but the track is not centered over the same bents. If the track crosses to a different set of bents ( The structure is for five or six bents thick) in the same structure it may appear that the track is banking when it's actually not. Many coasters have bents that are at different angles than the track. Texas cyclone had some crazy pants on the top the first hill.

IMG_5726.thumb.JPG.507b7d434e5781377ad332842a349391.JPG

I was looking at the new pictures floating around. Could it be that the track on banks at the top and has a straight drop on the other side... but the track is not centered over the same bents. If the track crosses to a different set of bents ( The structure is for five or six bents thick) in the same structure it may appear that the track is banking when it's actually not. Many coasters have bents that are at different angles than the track. Texas cyclone had some crazy pants on the top the first hill.

the picture i saw just looks like it's an awesome airtime hill. track didn't looked banked at all. but angles change perspective, so who knows.

I was looking at the new pictures floating around. Could it be that the track unbanks at the top and has a straight drop on the other side...

From the new photos going around, I bet you're right. The new one clearly shows a normal, unbanked drop off the other side of the crazy climb into the turn.

I must admit it makes it look much less extreme than the curved outward making drop that we thought was there before. . . Oh well, it will still deliver!!

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

I was looking at the new pictures floating around. Could it be that the track unbanks at the top and has a straight drop on the other side...

From the new photo, I bet you're right. The new one clearly shows a normal, unranked drop off the other side of the crazy climb into the turn.

I must admit it makes it look much less extreme than the curved outward making drop that we thought was there before. . . Oh well, it will still deliver!!

i'm more excited for this. i'm a straight drop fan. plus, it looks like it goes all the way down to the ground.

What was said at the tour today regarding taking Mean Streak photos?

On our tour, there was only one portion (Gemini to about the bridge by Cedar Creek) that they specifically said no pictures. Otherwise, they didn't say anything to people taking photos at other locations and zooming in.

I have a picture zoomed in, but I didn't know if it was ok if I posted it.