TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

...Are you guys staying at Breakers?

Yes we are, so I am definitely keeping the in-hotel places in mind (like Perkins and TGIF)

for food and drink, when we're not in the park.

And Famous Dave's of course.

you're gonna have to trust me on some things. . I have a really good "nose" for finding decent food at out-of-the-way places

(then again, I DO love a crappy buffet occasionally. . . hehe. . so we just might have to try that buffet everyone keeps talking about

I usually skip all food joints at CP with the exception of Chickie & Petes (for the Philly cause it ROCKS) and Pinks (for the awesome dogs), other than that, nothing else appeals to my palette.

Too bad Famous Dave's isn't inside the park and part of the dining plans..mmm, mmm good!!

0f4668f2701a9a28600615754f56c02c.jpg

Didn't we all get the hint on March 20, 2016 (yes that's how traumatizing it is) that the boat thing needs to stop? I could have sworn a mod even chimed in at one point but I could be wrong.

Page 2957. Go read those few pages of nonsense, and then we can let the boat go forever and live happily ever after.

So something I was wondering today when someone brought up McDonalds... wasn't there a legitimate one in the park at some point, or am I imagining things or thinking of a different park? Where exactly was it? I vaguely remember a little stand in the way back near Maverick but this was a long time ago and I could be making this all up...

Edited by anonymouscactus

^ I was fine without "it."

Mmmmm Famous Dave's, Pink's, Perkins, Garlic fries....

Cedar-Point-Pinks.jpg.9b33e1ea55f4e0d5c32df46b56fe1016.jpg

Kraut Dog? (I know, I know what it actually means. But still, the PC in me sits up...)

Edited by Nrthwnd

Didn't we all get the hint on March 20, 2016 that the boat thing needs to stop?

Okay, that date means nothing to me. I re-read the posts from that day (pages 2958-2960), and I don't see anything that I would consider noteworthy, or even interesting. What are you referring to by referencing that date?

Didn't we all get the hint on March 20, 2016 that the boat thing needs to stop?

Okay, that date means nothing to me. I re-read the posts from that day (pages 2958-2960), and I don't see anything that I would consider noteworthy, or even interesting. What are you referring to by referencing that date?

Pretty sure he's just reaching for straws. . . I re-read through all of them as well, and came up with nothing.

However, it was fun getting to relive last off season, and all of the boat in its glory!!

During our three day visit to Cedar Point last year, here's where we ate on property:

Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's

Chickie and Pete's

Ice cream shop

Elephant Ear

We were there the last week of weekday operations and totally just didn't notice the food trucks. We seriously took the sky ride over them every time. (Hi bill)

I did feed the goats and llamas so I consider myself a mobile food stall. I usually open up around 3 when I need a break from consecutive Maverick rides.

I'm surprised Chick-fil-A didn't work out. They're very popular in Ohio. Not a fan myself, but ... it's ok in a pinch. Heck, I would rather have McDonalds. Somehow nastier yet tastier.

I'm not sure if it was not as much that it didn't work out as much as they wanted to change the fill of that part of the park. I also heard that the contract with Chick-fil-a had ended.