TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Hey, it took me over forty years to FINALLY get to this place!

But, persistence does pay off, eventually, LOL!

Display.JPG.a6ee20cb6b340be28a2d5d501ce4cc14.JPG

EDIT to add Water Flavorings DISPLAY. (o;

Edited by Nrthwnd

Honestly, this is why Trump is our president because people are just this dumb now.

I could almost tell you I love you for this lol

I'll tell him that.

this is AWESOME. .and why I love this place.

Robb calls it as he sees it, and I absolutely respect and admire him for that.

Great video.

It's almost insane that that was almost 20 years ago. I was 12 when it opened and I had been hyping it up in my head for over a year before finally getting to ride it. I hadn't been on a ton of coasters back then but I got tickets to Cedar Point for my 13th birthday and depite the 8 hour road trip, the 2 hour line and almost 2 years of hyping the hell out of it we were all absolutely speechless after our first ride. For a coaster to have that much (almost unreasonable) hype building up for so long to still shatter our expectations the way it did was amazing.

I remember my first trip to Cedar Point in 2012. Cold, Rainy and I only rode Mean Streak, Blue Streak, Corkscrew and that was it. I didn't "feel" like waiting in an hour line (I was severely stupid at the time lmao) for Millennium, but when i went back in 2014 i made sure to ride every coaster and boy I was impressed with Millennium even though i rode in the very last seat. To this day It's not my number one but it's in my Top 5

I feel like I was just initiated into the Cedar Point fanboy cult after watching that video.

The hype for Millennium Force must have been off the charts. I'd be at Battery Park taking pictures of Millennium every day during construction of that beauty.

Quick question - if you stay at Breakers Express, do you still have to pay for parking since they don't have a shuttle service?

I believe that you still have to pay for parking for BE unless you have a season or platinum pass (part of the reason that it's cheaper), but I could be wrong. If you stay at Breakers, Lighthouse Point or Sandcastle, they reimburse your parking when you check in.

^^ Go back, get a FL+ and do the wait for the front seat at night...you won't be disappointed.

Step back in time to 1999!

Wow...I have NEVER seen that video. So cheesy, yet so awesome - love the theme music like what they play in the station! Doesn't seem like that long ago when they announced this, but then again...I remember when they "announced" Magnum in the 1-800-BEST-FUN magazines!

Edited by Philrad71

The hype for Millennium Force must have been off the charts.

It really was. The idea of a 300 foot tall coaster was absolutely mind blowing back then. Driving over the causeway and seeing it for the first time was incredible simply because of how unbelievably tall it was.

I don't care what people think, Millennium Force is still an incredible coaster and I can't wait to work on the 2017 Millennium crew.

Wait is this actually happening? How did I miss this?

^^ Go back, get a FL+ and do the wait for the front seat at night...you won't be disappointed.

When I went in October last year we rode second row and boy was it fun. We where their on a sunday and i twas a three hour drive so we did Millennium, Raptor, Gatekeeper as our last rides and then left. (All in the front seat)

^ Awesome, glad you got the opportunity!

^^ Congrats...I'll make sure to look for you this upcoming season. I have already met Daniel (TPR member) when he was working MF a couple of years ago as well as Marcel when he was working Magnum.

I was 16 when MF opened, and it was unreasonably hyped. For you youngins, back in the 90s, the idea of a coaster 300 feet tall was unimaginable. Cedar Point blasted ads all over the place. We heard about it all the way out here. I tried to get my dad to plan a family vacation to Sandusky that summer. He wasn't really thrilled with the idea of standing in super long lines, so we went to Florida instead, which was admittedly a good vacation spot. But I always had Cedar Point on my bucket list, and specifically Millennium Force.

It took 16 more years, but I finally got to ride this masterpiece last summer. MF is an absolutely amazing coaster, and I have a hard time deciding if it or Outlaw Run is my favourite. It's one of those two certainly. MF just has that classic feel of a boardwalk coaster, but scaled up immensely. That drop goes on forever, it races through all the elements, and it hits the brakes feeling like it could go another mile. It is perfection itself.

I don't care what people think, Millennium Force is still an incredible coaster and I can't wait to work on the 2017 Millennium crew.

Wait is this actually happening? How did I miss this?

Actually happening, yes! Got the offer last week and I'm stoked.

Congrats! That's pretty awesome.

Quick question - if you stay at Breakers Express, do you still have to pay for parking since they don't have a shuttle service?

I believe that you still have to pay for parking for BE unless you have a season or platinum pass (part of the reason that it's cheaper), but I could be wrong. If you stay at Breakers, Lighthouse Point or Sandcastle, they reimburse your parking when you check in.

Step back in time to 1999!

Wow...I have NEVER seen that video. So cheesy, yet so awesome - love the theme music like what they play in the station! Doesn't seem like that long ago when they announced this, but then again...I remember when they "announced" Magnum in the 1-800-BEST-FUN magazines!

^Even though Im only 27 I like to watch old CP commercials on youtube. My favorite is the old one about the Magnum where the little boy is climbing the tall slide on the playground. When he gets ready to slide down you suddenly are going down Magnum's drop. Also that eerie sound of the kids playing in the background and the kid slowly climbing the slide gave it that dramatic feeling. I wonder if that slide actually exists. lol Although it looked like a normal old school playground slide.