TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Given all the wild speculation that New Mean Streak could be RMC's biggest/longest/greatest/etc...

Maybe the reason for the weird timing of construction coupled with the lack of announcement is so CP can spread the cost of construction over several fiscal periods rather than just one off-season. Start it in 2017, finish in 2018, but avoid one big massive deduction to the 2016 off-season balance sheet. That would allow for one hell of a conversion .

So would this mean why Valleyfair, Michigan Adventure, and Dorney Park have been taking so long on cronstruction of all their coaster projects is to have it over serval fiscal periods?

Exactly... Every year CF puts a $20 in the jar for these parks. They'll get their coaster soon enough

If my math is correct, Dorney should be....

Last new coaster- 2005, hydra.

This year- 2017.

2017-2005= 12 years.

So, at 20 dollars a year, there will be 240 dollars in Dorneys jar right now.

Basing this off of a B&M coaster, going to say the cost of said coaster will be 30,000,000 USD.

30,000,000-240($ already saved)= 29,999,760 dollars to go.

29,999,760/20(money saved per year)=1,499,988.

So Dorney will not see its next new coaster for another 1,499,988 years.

I seriously laughed out loud. Well done.

Given all the wild speculation that New Mean Streak could be RMC's biggest/longest/greatest/etc...

Maybe the reason for the weird timing of construction coupled with the lack of announcement is so CP can spread the cost of construction over several fiscal periods rather than just one off-season. Start it in 2017, finish in 2018, but avoid one big massive deduction to the 2016 off-season balance sheet. That would allow for one hell of a conversion .

So would this mean why Valleyfair, Michigan Adventure, and Dorney Park have been taking so long on cronstruction of all their coaster projects is to have it over serval fiscal periods?

Exactly... Every year CF puts a $20 in the jar for these parks. They'll get their coaster soon enough

This year- 2017.

2017-2005= 12 years.

Basing this off of a B&M coaster, going to say the cost of said coaster will be 30,000,000 USD.

Awesome!

Ok so I should just make one thing pretty clear here..

ANYONE WHO POSTS A CONSTRUCTION PHOTO OF MEAN STREAK, REGARDLESS IF IT IS YOUR PHOTO OR NOT, WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR FOREVER.

Is that clear?

Good.

The only exception to this would be if Cedar Point themselves releases official construction photos.

Edited by robbalvey

If/when CP gets a GCI, will they run 2 trains or opt for 3 with a "Shed?" And on that note, will "Sheds" become the new norm for GCIs?

Nooo. Because most parks don't care about hiding their transfer tracks on coasters.

Every single GCI in existence has a building or cover on the transfer track. The only two exemptons are El Toro and Kentucky Rumbler, both of which have only one train.

He's also trying to make a joke about "sheds", but it just isn't funny. He knows that we all know Mystic Timber's shed is specific to that ride as it is a thematic element.

El Toro was manufactured by Intamin and assembled by RMC, not GCI

https://rcdb.com/4274.htm#p=23220

If/when CP gets a GCI, will they run 2 trains or opt for 3 with a "Shed?" And on that note, will "Sheds" become the new norm for GCIs?

Nooo. Because most parks don't care about hiding their transfer tracks on coasters.

Every single GCI in existence has a building or cover on the transfer track. The only two exemptons are El Toro and Kentucky Rumbler, both of which have only one train.

He's also trying to make a joke about "sheds", but it just isn't funny. He knows that we all know Mystic Timber's shed is specific to that ride as it is a thematic element.

He's referring to this El Toro..https://rcdb.com/4274.htm

This year- 2017.

2017-2005= 12 years.

Well let's hope there isn't any inflation in the next 1,499,988 years

I was just about to point out that there was an El Toro in Germany made by GCI.

Speaking of GCI, I think Cedar Point will get one in the mid-2020s (after RMC Streak and the very likely 2020 B&M flyer)

ANYONE WHO POSTS A CONSTRUCTION PHOTO OF MEAN STREAK, REGARDLESS IF IT YOUR PHOTO OR NOT, WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR FOREVER.

Is that clear?

Good.

The only exception to this would be if Cedar Point themselves releases official construction photos.

This may be a stupid question, but does that include photos not taken from the peninsula (i.e. Battery Park or Bay Point)?

^ What makes a B&M flyer very likely for 2020?

The 150th anniversary of course Everyone gets a B&M Flyer for their 150th

It will also be 150ft tall. Go 150mph. And have 150 inversions. . .

Because you know it is their 150TH ANNIVERSARY!!

---------------

ANYONE WHO POSTS A CONSTRUCTION PHOTO OF MEAN STREAK, REGARDLESS IF IT YOUR PHOTO OR NOT, WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR FOREVER.

Is that clear?

Good.

This may be a stupid question, but does that include photos not taken from the peninsula (i.e. Battery Park or Bay Point)?

Would that be a construction photo of Mean Streak?? Yes. So it wouldn't be allowed. I think it's pretty safe to say, DON'T POST ANY PHOTOS OF MEAN STREAK!!! Unless it's released from Cedar Point themselves!!

I forgot about the other El Toro. My bad.

So wait, serious question. If we go to Chill out, are with a park official back in Frontiertown, and we get a couple pictures of Mean Streak (that is if we tour back there with the group) are we not allowed to post them?

Seeing as that the Boss of this webpage said no, those photos would not be allowed......

So wait, serious question. If we go to Chill out, are with a park official back in Frontiertown, and we get a couple pictures of Mean Streak (that is if we tour back there with the group) are we not allowed to post them?

Seeing as that the Boss of this webpage said no, those photos would not be allowed......

But it's a little bit different if they are with a park official who allows them to take photos then to take pictures from a drone or some other source.

I am curious what caused the sudden dropping of the hammer on construction photos, did I miss something over the weekend?

Going out on a limb here but I imagine the park contacted TPR and asked them to remove illicit photos of the project they are very obviously keeping under wraps for now. They have explicitly asked people not to visit the park to take photos during the off season.

Bottom line is Robb said no photos or permaban. The end.

I was wondering that too! And is this for all the new coasters being constructed, like say Mystic Timbers?

Can I ask how you could get photos of this without trespassing into the park? Oh you mean photos the park has released? They're obviously fair game. This isn't hard, guys.

In other news, there's a new blog entry about the (pretty massive) changes made to the website. Personally I think they did a great job with it and I wouldn't be shocked if the other Cedar Fair parks copy the format since it doesn't require a separate mobile website (and to be honest I was never a fan of the Cedar Fair mobile website anyway).

^^Well someone who went to their employee get together at ki, posted pics of it in the ki thread. I would think that wouldn't be allowed since the park didn't post them.

Well I don't own this site and don't work for Kings Island so I can't tell you if that's OK or not. Simple solution though: just send a message to Robb or a mod before you post to make sure its OK. Problem solved.