TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Let's be honest. . . That looks far to basic for anything RMC would ever do.

At face value the giant breaking wave turn on LR looks pretty basic, but it provides awesome strong sideways floater. It looks like this element might provide a similar effect but with even crazier lateral weirdness.

I disagree... I think that with its far turn (remember the original turn was about 120-degrees) and it being at the fastest part of the ride (bottom of the first drop or a 200+ft drop) it don't think we would see anything more wonky in the track design!

Either way, super excited to come ride it next summer!

In the past, we've not had the same level of evidence about what will be done with the layout. Sure, RMC has surprised us with their unique elements, but we haven't had the benefit of seeing this much construction without having had the layout revealed.

Or maybe we have. Has this happened with an RMC (besides Texas Giant, when we had no idea what RMC was up to)? That was a real question.

Again I ask why does it matter if its an RMC or not? RMC does not decide when to announce a ride.

It certainly isn't the first time a park has not announced a ride while its under construction. Wasn't Dragster the same way? Maverick?

The park has made the decision to remain mum about RMC Streak - for reasons obviously none of us know. I personally think its a strange marketing technique - especially if this is for 2018, but maybe they are trying something new. They obviously have some sort of plan. As far as the park is concerned everyone *should* be thinking its being torn down. The only reason any of us have any idea whats going on is because seriously hardcore geeks are trespassing or renting boats to take shi*tty photos that the park has explicitly asked people not to do and only serve to get a bunch of nerds all riled up because god forbid they don't know wtf the roller coaster capital of the world is really up to.

Damn this fried chicken is finger lickin.

Has this happened with an RMC (besides Texas Giant, when we had no idea what RMC was up to)? That was a real question.

Outlaw Run?

Watching the layout being revealed through construction was so exciting for Outlaw Run! So much speculation and excitement! It's pretty much the only reason I like using coaster forums!

The only reason any of us have any idea whats going on is because seriously hardcore geeks are trespassing or renting boats to take shi*tty photos that the park has explicitly asked people not to do and only serve to get a bunch of nerds all riled up because god forbid they don't know wtf the roller coaster capital of the world is really up to.

Has this happened with an RMC (besides Texas Giant, when we had no idea what RMC was up to)? That was a real question.

Outlaw Run?

Watching the layout being revealed through construction was so exciting for Outlaw Run! So much speculation and excitement! It's pretty much the only reason I like using coaster forums!

With OR, we saw that overbank/inversion and that's all the discussion was focused on for weeks partly because it was one of the only inversions on a wooden coaster at the time. And then the park announced that double barrel roll at the end. Sh!t was flipped. When this does open, it could potentially challenge Maverick as best coaster at the Point.

^ Why would that matter? RMC doesn't decide when to announce it, the park does.

It matters in his question (which was "When, though, have we seen this much construction without having had an announcement and description of the layout?") because Tempesto (the answer given by coasterbill) was a cookie-cutter design so we knew what was up.

In the other hand, RMC are all custom, and plus they usually made new elements/unexpected things.

I hope it's clear, I don't get why you insisted on the fact it's the decision of the park not RMC. Thats was not the inquiry.

I don't get why you insisted on the fact it's the decision of the park not RMC. Thats was not the inquiry.

Because...

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

Anniversaries

Or

Bull***

Coaster

Feature

Quotas

Number

Of

Inverting

Coasters

Or

Stupid

Sh*t

That

... God damn

It matters in his question (which was "When, though, have we seen this much construction without having had an announcement and description of the layout?") because Tempesto (the answer given by coasterbill) was a cookie-cutter design so we knew what was up.

In the other hand, RMC are all custom, and plus they usually made new elements/unexpected things.

I hope it's clear, I don't get why you insisted on the fact it's the decision of the park not RMC. Thats was not the inquiry.

I know you guys can read and all because why else you would be here buuuuut I guess this one needs spelling out.

BigBad's original question ("When, though, have we seen this much construction without having had an announcement and description of the layout?") was vague and the wording led me to believe he was speaking in general about ride announcements not happening until after construction was underway. Apparently I wasnt alone in this, as Bill pointed out Tempesto.

When BigBad responded "I meant with an RMC." I didn't understand why the fact it was an RMC matters in whether or not we'd seen a ride constructed before a park announced it. That question, if he meant it how it was worded, was answered with Bill's Tempesto reference, and as I mentioned Dragster/Maverick, and I'm sure a handful of others I can't think of. Additionally, Outlaw Run as was mentioned, if the question was posed specifically about RMC (which it wasn't). Whether the layouts are custom or not is irrelevant because the original question didn't allude to that at all.

Edited by boldikus

^ Nice try. But that doesn't really work for this situation.

Sure it does. The park isn't going to choose when to issue a press release based on the manufacturer or whether it's a custom layout. That's stuff enthusiasts care about, but on which zero business decisions are made.

"// A RMC is being build with no infos from the park.

- What was the last time a new coaster was built and we had no infos?

- Well, we had Tempesto.

- I mean, a custom coaster, like this RMC?"

Maverick, Dragster and Outlaw Run were legitimate answers. He asked because new and custom layouts are more interesting, whereas clones such as Tempesto are not. I think it wasn't meant to go further than that.

Sorry for the confusion.

-

Anyway, I'm really curious about what they'll do next with that layout! I love RMCs, but I often feel like they lack the large, basic elements such as an ejector hill... And it seems like they won't be twisting each inch of the track there, which is great.