TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I still love the 2017 vs 2018 war. Is this is the most advanced coaster RMC has ever created causing CP to close Mean Streak before the operating season ends, have all necessary structure removed, and track ALREADY finished from station to first drop. Yet it won't open for 15 more months? Seems fishy!!

With Cedar Point operations and three trains I'm sure even with six cars per train this won't have bad capacity. With 60 second dispatches (totally reasonable) that's over 1400/hour, assuming the ride is less than 3 minutes from station to station.

How about 6 trains with a dual loading station? They've done it before. Let's hope they are taking their time to go ALL-OUT for this one. Oh yeah, and longest coaster record.

That latest picture really breathed some fresh life into this thread. I'm wearing my offensive-free cargo pants.

I still love the 2017 vs 2018 war. Is this is the most advanced coaster RMC has ever created causing CP to close Mean Streak before the operating season ends, have all necessary structure removed, and track ALREADY finished from station to first drop. Yet it won't open for 15 more months? Seems fishy!!

I feel that it's officially for 2018, but may soft open late in the 2017 season.

Also Cedar Point just posted a picture on their official instagram of eagles on what looks like supports that they're using for this conversion.

With Cedar Point operations and three trains I'm sure even with six cars per train this won't have bad capacity. With 60 second dispatches (totally reasonable) that's over 1400/hour, assuming the ride is less than 3 minutes from station to station.

I guess you're right. Valravn has 24 passengers per car, so it must be fine. I'm just fantasizing about the crazy whip you would get on the back of a 7- or 8- car train on an RMC! lol

First drops are designed with the back row in mind, so with 8 cars you'd have a shallower radius so it really wouldn't make a difference in terms of the first drop. The back row of Mako has better Airtime than the back row of Diamondback on the first (well, every) drop, as an example.

ok, but why do we keep getting one picture at a time? Who is taking one picture and deciding it's sufficient? Please move the camera to show the lift hill work. I'm pretty sure the marketing campaign is one leaked photo a week.

Amen! I thought of this too after the last picture was posted a few days ago.

. . . and track ALREADY finished from station to first drop.

The track isn't finished from the station to the first drop. They barely have track on the lift.

Do you have prooof of that? Granted I can't prove it's finished from station to drop either, but I cant disprove it either. Love when new pics pop up!!

If you search FB for the guy the original poster mentioned the pic does come up, with another one dated the same day (Jan 30th) and it shows the bottom of the lift and the Ibox only goes up as far as the last couple of pics that were floating around weeks ago. I'm not posting any illegal MS pics tho so you're gonna have to search for yourself.

Also, is it me or do the ledgers seem really really wide compared to all the other conversions? Anyone have insight on why they'd be wider if I'm not imagining things? I definitely don't know enough about the construction side of things so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Edited by boldikus

The track isn't finished from the station to the first drop. They barely have track on the lift.

Do you have prooof of that? Granted I can't prove it's finished from station to drop either, but I cant disprove it either. Love when new pics pop up!!

I do, this picture is from Jan 21. There's no way the drop has been completed since then.

16266055_1454726327873108_7005779569476449129_n.jpg.cf1bd0512aef629a3c3abe7430ef441e.jpg

And this one from Jan. 30

16298681_10153992159206534_4293152772026396541_n.jpg.b1a950ef6579374647d52ad56dede660.jpg

Do you have prooof of that? Granted I can't prove it's finished from station to drop either, but I cant disprove it either. . .

We're gonna leave it at that .

If you search FB for the guy the original poster mentioned the pic does come up, with another one dated the same day (Jan 30th) and it shows the bottom of the lift and the Ibox only goes up as far as the last couple of pics that were floating around weeks ago. I'm not posting any illegal MS pics tho so you're gonna have to search for yourself.

Also, is it me or do the ledgers seem really really wide compared to all the other conversions? Anyone have insight on why they'd be wider if I'm not imagining things? I definitely don't know enough about the construction side of things so I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Fundamentally a wider base is more stable in most cases to an extent. Seems like a safe wager as to what's going on here. But I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so who knows

Sometimes the ledgers need to span multiple vertical posts to have the IBox sit exactly where RMC wants it. It seems that the RMC layout is slightly deviating from the exact overhead path Mean Streak used to have and is using some formerly outer support structure to now directly support track. It's not the first time they've done this.

Whoever it is that keeps taking one picture at a time of progress, I thank you.

Yep, thanks Tony!

For those of you who are impatient, don't worry. Once the park opens, tons of enthusiasts are going to be taking 600 photos, each one an inch to the left of the last and at various stages of blurriness.

I'm thinking it's going to be an outward banked turn followed by a double down.

That new picture is great. If there is a double down in a prominent visual location, Double Down or Gambler could be cool western names. Something to fit in with the outlaws of Frontier town.

Anyways, excited for next weeks photo.