TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

SO... Is there any way to set up TPR so that I get a notification for this thread only if RMC Streak is talked about, or something else specifically CP related, so I don't waste my time in here otherwise???

To be fair, there's not much actual news on that either so you'd just end up with 2017 / 2018 arguments.

Yes, this is true, and we certainly don't need any more of that either!

Honestly, I just keep hoping for more pictures of the construction, but I imagine we're probably a little too far into the throes of the winter period to see much happening in that regard. At least KI is keeping my desires for construction updates sated with Mystic Timbers!

Seems to be a simplified version of the previous logo. But at least it's better than the LA Chargers' logo.

In other news, the park's website has also been given an update.

I know it will take some getting used to, but as of right now I don't like the new website.

In case anyone hasn't noticed the trend over the past 5 years has been to basically take away the 3D look of logos and make them flat, basic, and 2D.

Cedar Point has apparently finally caught up with the trend.

Look up any type of logo be it from soda companies, to fast food, to applications on your phone, anything that's been around for a more than a decade or so, and you'll see they have changed their brand logo to being basic and not like things used to look in the 90's. It's a new trend that will probably be around for another decade, then something new will pop up and it will change again.

In case anyone hasn't noticed the trend over the past 5 years has been to basically take away the 3D look of logos and make them flat, basic, and 2D.

Cedar Point has apparently finally caught up with the trend.

Look up any type of logo be it from soda companies, to fast food, to applications on your phone, anything that's been around for a more than a decade or so, and you'll see they have changed their brand logo to being basic and not like things used to look in the 90's. It's a new trend that will probably be around for another decade, then something new will pop up and it will change again.

Indeed. Saw a commercial for Taco Bell the other day and was shocked to see how basic their logo looks now:

1089632753_ScreenShot2017-01-26at6_39_43AM.png.4478203339efdc9cbc1712095d472199.png

I'm not making this up -- it's really that simplified.

Seems as if Cedar Point has just hopped on the bandwagon as well -- clearly not to the same extent as above, and frankly it doesn't look bad, but definitely simpler and flatter all around.

Interesting how the park logo is incredibly simple and new ride signs are more and more complex and three dimensional (Banshee, Gatekeeper, Fury, Leviathan, Valravn, etc). I don't mind the logo, but I kinda liked the wavy look of the old logo. Really doesn't matter in the end though.

Was checking out the Cedar Point Shores water park website and noticed that the new children's area is called Lemmy's Lagoon. It mentions that Lemmy is the name of Lake Erie's "legendary monster". Can't say that I have ever heard of Lemmy...other than this guy.

Oh yeah, the swim up bar is now called "Muffleheads Beach Bar"....LOVE it!

Edit: for all you drinkers out there, there is also going to be a new bar by the wave pool called Schooner's Bayside Bar.

Loving the new look of Soak City already!

Lemmy.JPG.ede2b284d73c01de0fb7e2f0911a30e5.JPG

"C'mon and check out my new water park...ya f-in' brats!"

Was checking out the Cedar Point Shores water park website and noticed that the new children's area is called Lemmy's Lagoon. It mentions that Lemmy is the name of Lake Erie's "legendary monster". Can't say that I have ever heard of Lemmy...other than this guy.

Oh yeah, the swim up bar is now called "Muffleheads Beach Bar"....LOVE it!

Edit: for all you drinkers out there, there is also going to be a new bar by the wave pool called Schooner's Bayside Bar.

Loving the new look of Soak City already!

Cleveland's AHL team is the Monsters... Great Lakes Brewing also does an IPA called "Lake Erie Monster". The story is known around the region, although the name Bessie is more commonly used...

Great Lakes Brewing also does an IPA called "Lake Erie Monster".

I greatly enjoy their Chillwave.

Ha! I was just looking for Chillwave at Binny's. They didn't have it. Seriously one of the best double IPA's I've had so far.

If you're a fan of double IPA's or hops, definitely look out for it.