TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

socially awkward

Coaster enthusiasts? Nah

I kinda, not really, hate to bring this back up but why is this the case with a lot of us? I know at least 70% of enthusiasts I have encountered have been kinda "different" in the way that when it comes to things other than coasters they kinda don't know how to blend in. I have met some cool coaster folks who actually do things other than coasters but they are rare.

It is hard to blend in, especially when you see people who can rave about football and video games with their friends and yourself being the only person you can talk to about rollercoasters. When you try to get your mum and sister into rollercoasters and they get so bored they eventually start being sarcastic and yell at you. It especially all comes out when they have drunk a bit. Then other people around you call you sad for knowing lodes of rollercoasters. Then you become totally isolated . This is why you then get socially awkward as that is what happens when you have nobody to talk to about the one thing you can confidently talk about. Which could explain your statistic of 70% of coaster enthusiasts being "different" when they talk. Confidence is further lost in one's self when they notice in themselves how badly integrated into 'normal' society they have become, leading them, and who they are, to be backed up into a metaphorical and mental corner of their mind. A dark place.

This is why being banned for a month totally sucked.

So you aren't interested in anything that your friends's are interested in? No sports? Nothing?

Also if you were banned for a month you could got to Clusterfarce. It's nowhere near as good as TPR but it can still work as a substitute.

I got into European Coaster Club. I don't know why but CF seems kind of creepy. No offence but some of the people look like they would pay so much money to go on that boat just to see a coaster closer. ECC is good though.

It's hard enough having coasters as one of my interests, can't imagine how it would be if it was my only.

Some tips:

1. Act like you're not "interrested" in coasters, but rather really really like riding them (most people love coasters so they can identify more with you).

2. Talk about the most interesting coasters you've ridden, rather than the best ones (people don't give a damn about the "best" coaster, they wanna see the tallest, fastest and scariest)

3. Drop your "GP"-goggles. If someone isn't into coasters theres no way that they would know everything about them, so theres no reason to correct them about things they say wrong unless in a "did you know..."-way.

This is exactly what I was hoping for. They've repainted it blackish-grey and have given it a cool name. The name takes a hint at Wildfire at SDC, which is what I speculated they could do to make the best use of the theming, and it works well.

Professor Delbert's Frontier Fling may just be the most creative and best name Cedar Fair has come up with in some time. Again, it fits perfectly into a ludicrous-1800's invention (back in the day when "flying" was only experimental and crazy).

The name takes a hint at Wildfire at SDC

This is a good point. When I visited Cedar Point for the first time last summer, the Frontier Trail section seemed so Silver Dollar City like to me. The name is pretty hokey, but that's what this type of theming is all about. I kind of love it.

"We have more to share -- but later," Tony said, eagerly reigniting TPR's months-long speculative debate about the opening year of an RMC'd Mean Streak.

But I'm sure when he said that he was referring to the RMC Mean Streak that will be announced in August for 2018

There's Really More Coming!

This is a good point. When I visited Cedar Point for the first time last summer, the Frontier Trail section seemed so Silver Dollar City like to me. The name is pretty hokey, but that's what this type of theming is all about. I kind of love it.

I admit that I was one that thought that this would look somewhat out of place on the Frontier Trail, but this doesn't look too bad - and I like the name. Still would rather have a "real" log flume there or somewhere on the trail, but you never know...it could come in time.

I dunno I think its pretty awkward if yall think its awkward to sit next to a stranger on a coaster. Its happened to me a good amount and I always try to at least say hi and make some friendly small talk. I've even made a few really good friends with this way.

So you're about to do something for the sole purpose of fun and it happens to be with someone you don't know who is also doing this thing for the sole purpose of fun and you're going to ignore them the whole time? Lamesauce with a side of awkward and a dash of weirdo.* Say hi, ask them if they've ridden the ride before, have they been to the park before, tell them how much of a geek you are... Trust me it makes life more fun.

*I know... its like the recipe for coaster enthusiasts.

I sat next to a stranger on Magnum earlier this year... and now we're in a committed relationship! You never know what might happen

Also, I'm loving some of the deep posts that came out of this discussion

I admit that I was one that thought that this would look somewhat out of place on the Frontier Trail, but this doesn't look too bad - and I like the name. Still would rather have a "real" log flume there or somewhere on the trail, but you never know...it could come in time.

Agreed on both counts, that it will look out of place, and that the park needs a log flume. But this is a good move, and the name will help it fit in, at least better than Skyhawk does.