TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Why not a red wing walker? Despite all the aqua trax rumors I really feel this is going to be a prototype. Not too big, but interesting.

Hey, Just noticing we have the same birthday, Happy birthday, and yeah I'm hoping it isn't an aqua trax, as it just doesn't seem like cedar point's style.

-James Dillaman

Thanks James, hope you enjoyed your birthday as well. (For my bday I'm flying myself to LA for DL, KBF and SFMM!!)

While I'm off topic... Jakizle you live in Jamestown RI?? Small world. I live in Warren (near Bristol)

___

Back to the subject... Whatever it is CP gets I just hope it has inversions, and maybe an interesting inversion. Cedar Point hasn't gone upside down in a decade of adding new coasters. (Mantis 1996)

In my opinion, an Aqua Trax looks very interesting! I would definately like to see CP get a good QUALITY ride, not necessarily (sp) a big record breaker. But, if they want to break a record, why not go with a 12-looper (I would say 11, but 12 puts a small gap between it and 10)? I don't think this one will hit the skyline too high, that's alot of red!!!

--Tyler

LOL at "YA'LL" instead of "Y'ALL" Someone at the point needs to check their redneck to english dictionary.

Anyway, I am now leaning toward some serious competition with Storm Runner. How funny would it be if CP named it Steel Stampede or Renegade!?!

-Don

Or Humdinger

I dont want it to be an accellorator because they already have one. Im thinking some sort of intamin looper, possibly with a verticle drop? Maybe the record could be verticle coaster with the most inversions?

Being the steel fan that I am, it's sounds strange hearing myself say this, but here goes. After closer inspection of the site, and now knowing the track (decoy conspiracy theories aside) is gonna be bright red, I can't help but think the Point fumbled the ball again on this one. What a golden opportunity missed to put up an incredible GCI themed to the old west and named "Maverick."

They could have even blown up Mean Streak with some old fashioned dynamite for the Media Day festivities. Oh, well.