TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I am so freaking stoked for the announcement for this - this is exactly what this coaster needed. It's such a beautiful structure that it would have been a shame to tear it down. It's interesting to think about what they might have been able to do with SoB if RMC had been doing those conversions before they tore it down.

I could care less if it opens in 2017 or 2018, I just know that I would like to plan on being there for opening day - whenever it is. Can't wait!

I am so freaking stoked for the announcement for this - this is exactly what this coaster needed. It's such a beautiful structure that it would have been a shame to tear it down.

Yep, I can't think of another coaster anywhere that had such a HUGE discrepancy between the beauty of its structure and the disappointment of its ride experience as mean streak did.

SO, so, so excited to see what RMC will do with that timber-laden beast of a structure.

Given the slope difference, I bet you they go over 200ft. Mean Streak was already 161, only 39ft to go to reach the world's only "hyper" hybrid.

Looking good, excited to see the final layout of this thing.

People seriously think this is for 2017? Come on now, give it up. Not happening.

^^^I didnt realize how dwarfed Mavrick looks compare to most of the other coasters even compare to the Meanstreak. Heck the Meanstreak even looks small compare to M-Force of course. So if you compared Mavrick to M-Force it would look like a kiddie coaster!! When I went on Mavrick I thought it would just be "meh" but it really packed a punch! Its like a big coaster in a small body if that makes any sense.

It's interesting to think about what they might have been able to do with SoB if RMC had been doing those conversions before they tore it down.

It would be interesting to know if RMC could have even salvaged Son of Beast, since I believe it had some pretty severe structural issues.

It's interesting to think about what they might have been able to do with SoB if RMC had been doing those conversions before they tore it down.

It would be interesting to know if RMC could have even salvaged Son of Beast, since I believe it had some pretty severe structural issues.

Yeah, that was never going to happen with that crappy RCCA support structure and the crappy lumber Paramount used to cut costs. I always knew Son of Beast was trouble from the start when a section of the lift collapsed when they were building it. And of course their reasoning was "insufficient support" even though that certainly wasn't the case.

But yeah, think we're for sure seeing the first hybrid hyper coaster! Just going off of the steepness of the lift alone and how much of the original hill they're keeping shows that this is easily going to peak 200ft, if not more. That would be 6 coasters over the 200ft mark, which that in itself is an impressive stat.

Yep, I can't think of another coaster anywhere that had such a HUGE discrepancy between the beauty of its structure and the disappointment of its ride experience as mean streak did.

Indeed! Although I didn't hate the ride as much as I expected to, it's a stunning structure — especially walking through it.