TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Any one know what the circle things are on the side of the beams. I not sure if i have seen them on other RMC before.

I've never had any clue as to what the circular shape on the sides of the ledgers are for but I do know that those same kind have been used on all of the RMC coasters going back to the start with New Texas Giant.

^^Eh, I'm not entirely sure it'll be launched. Dollywood beat CP to the punch with LR, and we've seen how that turned out. So, if they do decide to launch it, it will be different, but I think CP will go for efficiency, but still with records. Random idea, but what about a beyond-vertical drop? On a wooden coaster?

. . . Random idea, but what about a beyond-vertical drop? On a wooden coaster?

With Maverick right next door?? Nah, seems to redundant.

(At least that's what everyone will say)

Not with those prelift hops it won't.

If Cedar Point wanted it, RMC would design it.

Not with those prelift hops it won't.

If Cedar Point wanted it, RMC would design it.

I'm sure they would. But a launch would need the capability of rolling back. You'll see that with any rolling/inclined launch, there's a flat section (block section) at the base of the launch where the train can sit if rolled back (Look at Lightning Rod). This doesn't have that. If it was launched, I'm positive that little hop wouldn't be there.

Edited by chickenbowl

On a wooden coaster?

It won't be a wooden coaster, but I think a beyond vertical drop would be the first for a hybrid.

I'm sure they would. But a launch would need the capability of rolling back. You'll see that with any rolling/inclined launch, there's a flat section (block section) at the base of the launch where the train can sit if rolled back (Look at Lightning Rod). This doesn't have that. If it was launched, I'm positive that little hop wouldn't be there.

Good point. However, if CP would get another launched coaster would they get the record for most launched coasters at one park (they currently have three, Maverick, TTD, and Wicked Twister). Or do they already have that record?

Good point. However, if CP would get another launched coaster would they get the record for most launched coasters at one park (they currently have three, Maverick, TTD, and Wicked Twister). Or do they already have that record?

Kings Dominion has 3, but had 4 at one time.

Leaked artwork of The New Mean Streak

31596499360_45f3af4988_b.jpgShot1161 by RollingCoasting, on Flickr

Forget the 200 ft. inclined launch, those vertical loops are just

Is this RCT3? Also, no offense what so ever, but is that real? Because - AGAIN NO OFFENSE INTENDED - it looks like someone just created some random stuff and passed it off as real.

For the sake of humanity I really hope you are trying to troll. If not humanity is screwed more so than I thought.