TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This thread is just... yikes

You think this is bad? Check out the Darien Lake thread.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Darien Lake actually seems to be improving with reasonal, practical discussion, while this thread is constantly all over the place. Just giving credit where credit is due

I bet the mods have had to clean up a lot more in this thread than in the DL thread, from what it seems.

This thread is just... yikes

You think this is bad? Check out the Darien Lake thread.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Darien Lake actually seems to be improving with reasonal, practical discussion, while this thread is constantly all over the place. Just giving credit where credit is due

I bet the mods have had to clean up a lot more in this thread than in the DL thread, from what it seems.

I've given up on the DL thread so idk what's going on in there. I've stuck with this thread because it's my home Park and I continually come in here hoping that there might be something of worth... there never is but it's still worth a shot.

I'm not digging that location. It does not fit in with the Frontier theme at all, and besides that I really do not like up charge attractions like this inside of a park ( I know it's good for the park, but I personally don't like it).

That spot could have been utilized much better in my opinion.

And yet a giant blue coaster towering over head fits the Frontier theme. Or being able to see countless modern marvels of engineering from STR spot fits the theme.

I think he's wondering if there will be anything on the map in Mean Streak's place- in which case, I wouldn't be surprised to see something along the lines of Under Construction: Check Back in 2018 over that general spot on the map.

And yet a giant blue coaster towering over head fits the Frontier theme. Or being able to see countless modern marvels of engineering from STR spot fits the theme.

I think he's wondering if there will be anything on the map in Mean Streak's place- in which case, I wouldn't be surprised to see something along the lines of Under Construction: Check Back in 2018 over that general spot on the map.

And he's talking about the disconnect between RIpCord's appearance and the Frontier theme which can't be nearly as bad as Skyhawk

For those who are saying that the space for RipCord could have been better utilized... Always remember, it can be removed as easily as it was added.

With Mean Stream getting RMC'ed for 2018, the next open "coaster slot" (hypothetically) would be 2020. If they wanted to use the STR plot, they easily could.

My thought is that they not only allowed the Soak City/Shores expansion with this move but also took up some empty/dead space by relocating RipCord there. And even better than that, RipCord produces some extra capital and likely more so in the new location than the previous spot outside of the typical sight/walking paths of guests.

I don't know how popular RipCord actually is (I know I'm not a fan of these upcharges) but even if this is a last breath of life type scenario where they can squeeze some extra money out of it, why not? Either RipCord goes there this year or that area is dead. No reason to worry about it too much.

I don't know how popular RipCord actually is (I know I'm not a fan of these upcharges)

Last year I highly doubt it was all that popular due to it's terrible location, but Sky Coaster rides are rarely ever removed and always seem to be popular when located in areas with high foot traffic. They could move Ripcord again but I highly doubt they'd move it so they can move it again in 2 years and I also highly doubt this ride is going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

There's plenty of room for Cedar Point to add a new coaster if they want one regardless of where they put Ripcord.

and besides that I really do not like up charge attractions like this inside of a park ( I know it's good for the park, but I personally don't like it)

But Fast Pass, FP+, Season refills.... are all ok?

Also, from the pic, it could look really cool coming over on the causeway and seeing what looks like MF has grown a new hill!

As for theming, I think Skyhawk fits well with a steampunk feel. It has more of a "Turn of the century" feel next to the Antique Cars and the Modern Era. Think about it, you walk frontier trail starting at the tunnel and around to Top Thrill, the coasters keep getting taller, faster and more modern.... Interesting.

I like how people are butthurt about themeing at Cedar Point of all places. Don't get me wrong, I love the place - its nice, clean, great rides, awesome park. But themeing?

LMFAO.

I would also like to direct the people who are complaining about the way this will detract from Frontier Trail to the giant blue giga coaster that runs right alongside it and crosses right over it multiple times that didn't really detract from Frontier Trail. Plus that area already doesn't fit in with Frontier Trail, and it's sort of at the end of the trail anyway.