TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

My Cedar Point fanboy buddy sent me this, in case it hasn't been posted. I didn't even ask where it came from. He also seems to think there will be some crazy lighting package...

how on earth did your friend get access to these professional blueprints? these must have been taken right from the worksite

Haha! I think he pulled it out of his bunghole. I have no clue where he got that, I didn't want to hear it. It just looks like a chicken scratch sketch. Geez, say that 5 times quick, chicken scratch sketch.

why would Cedar Point build a new major coaster to open in 2017 and not announce it or start marketing it until like 4 or 5 months prior to it's opening.

There's no room for this type of rational thinking here.

Top Thrill Dragster. Announced January 9th 2003, opened May 4th 2003. Come on, if your going to make that argument you need to see that they've done this before. Not saying OH ITS DEFINITELY OPENING IN 2017 MY NEIGHBORS DOG BLAH BLAH BLAH...

To me though it just seems weird to put track in place and let it sit there in place for two winters especially at the rate its going up at.

They need two years to overcome the sinking and build the underwater tunnels. Boats. Cuda Falls. Assless Chaps is a double negative because chaps don't have asses. Aquatrax.

I hereby submit my nomination for Post Of The Year.

A random screen on a laptop saying 2018: Richard Michael Crosby in a video from Cedar Point that is supposed to be funny and entertaining is not a CONFIRMATION. I'm not saying this will open in 2017, I'm just saying that unless the park officially posts an announcement saying, "Meaner Streak will be opening in 2018", we can't confirm what year it will open. Tony Clark could've put that in the video for fun, even if it were to open in 2017, I don't think they would've put 2017 in the video.

This sums up my thoughts exactly on that entire subject. It in no way serves as an official announcement of any kind, it is an Easter egg of sorts. Its intended purposes have been fulfilled; the pots are stirred on enthusiast forums. Every time Richard Michael Crosby, or any other words that can make a RMC acronym, is mentioned the enthusiast play right into the parks hands.

Whatever they're trying to do, it is working.

On a side note, here is my 3rd annual Cedar Point [employee-based] video. It showcases personally recorded videos that I've taken throughout my 5th season working at The Point as a ride operator. Take a look and let me know what you think!

Looks great! Some really nice shots in there, including the fireworks/peninsula from a distance, and the Gatekeeper lift climb. Plus, a guest star appearance from TPR's Marcel!

They need two years to overcome the sinking and build the underwater tunnels. Boats. Cuda Falls. Assless Chaps is a double negative because chaps don't have asses. Aquatrax.

I hereby submit my nomination for Post Of The Year.

Seconded.

Whatever the date... What records do you think Cedar Point is trying to set? Longest coaster (as the high tech blueprints suggest), most wooden inversions, highest, fastest?

Personally, I could see steepest, tallest, fastest for sure. Goliath holds that at 180', 85 degrees and 72mph.

And, since CP no longer has the goldticket for Best Coaster, maybe trying for that title or at least Best New Attraction? Thoughts?

Besides the underwater tunnels and intense darkride/aquatrax section, what do you expect CP will do?

Coastermaniac - I really enjoyed watching your video! Usually I get bored about 60 seconds in with that type of thing but I watched the entire video and couldn't believe several minutes had gone by already haha. Really cool shots and funny scenes. Nice to see Marcel in there too! Great job.

wut? The park literally JUST CONFIRMED 2018. It's time to accept what the park says as truth.

All they did was imply that it is coming out of the 2018 CapEx budget. So let's assume that this little easter egg is CP trying to covertly confirm. Obviously work has started already, so RMC is being paid, which means that money from 2018 CapEx is accessible. But does the RMC project constitute the entirety of that budget? Or are they borrowing from 2018 to do more in 2017 and have smaller additions in 2018 using the remainder of that money? No clue. But hardly a confirmation...

higher probability of a 2017 opening based on valid sources.

wut? The park literally JUST CONFIRMED 2018. It's time to accept what the park says as truth.

A random screen on a laptop saying 2018:Richard Michael Crosby in a video from Cedar Point that is supposed to be funny and entertaining is not a CONFIRMATION. I'm not saying this will open in 2017, I'm just saying that unless the park officially posts an announcement saying, "Meaner Streak will be opening in 2018", we can't confirm what year it will open. Tony Clark could've put that in the video for fun, even if it were to open in 2017, I don't think they would've put 2017 in the video.

Again, I'm not saying this will open in 2017, so don't tell me to wait in line

Thank you for this comment. You can't tell the opening date for a coaster through one little teaser. I blame Coasterbill for this mess.

Technically for some people new or old mean streak might be open. if we are going with time isnt real, for people we have never seen/'synced time' with, they could be anywhere in time as their speed of life has moved. But as for me, im wasting time reading this thread

Just got off Exceptionally Angry Streak. Needs moar forcezzzz. Super overrated. If you want to ride a real coaster, me and all the voices I keep hearing suggest this rare Meisho jet coaster at a park with 18 characters in the name.