TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'd imagine that anything taken from the road was taken by a Cedar Point employee or contractor. The fact is, given the rides location, the amount of people working there and the age of technology we live in it's going to be almost impossible for them to prevent things like this from coming out. To be fair though, we didn't really learn anything new from these pictures anyway. The lift will be a little taller but we already knew that.

yeah but they will stick to obscure records no one cares about.

Yup, this ride is already on pace to "shatter" these 3 highly-sought-after records that Valravn "set" last year. It might actually reduce the amount of coaster track and the number of rides will stay the same but whatever... they'll still have the most. Party it up!

Most Rides at One Amusement Park

Most Steel Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park

Most Roller Coaster Track at One Amusement Park

Also, I could totally see them claiming "Most Hybrid Coaster Track" which will probably be true thanks to this, Gemini's 2 tracks and Mine Ride and tallest hybrid coaster (I'd assume).

Longest hybrid coaster is yet to be seen, fastest hybrid coaster and longest hybrid coaster drop might still belong to Iron Rattler. Why go out of your way to break records when you can just make them up?

Assuming it's the tallest (I think that's a safe assumption), We've already broken 5 world records. Woohoo!

I'd imagine that anything taken from the road was taken by a Cedar Point employee or contractor. The fact is, given the rides location, the amount of people working there and the age of technology we live in it's going to be almost impossible for them to prevent things like this from coming out. To be fair though, we didn't really learn anything new from these pictures anyway. The lift will be a little taller but we already knew that.

i'm surprised people aren't bringing out their drones and flying them over mean streak to get some footage

There have been heated, multi-page discussions within certain communities of insufferable coaster enthusiasts about the FAA regulations regarding flying drones over the lake but not actually going over Cedar Point property to take photos and video of the ride. I'd link to these conversations but nobody should have to be subjected to reading them and you all probably know what website I'm talking about anyway.

There have been heated, multi-page discussions within certain communities of insufferable coaster enthusiasts about the FAA regulations regarding flying drones over the lake but not actually going over Cedar Point property to take photos and video of the ride. I'd link to these conversations but nobody should have to be subjected to reading them and you all probably know what website I'm talking about anyway.

there were new photos released on some instagram account that I can't remember the name of, but i got into a huge war with the kid over posting photos from the causeway.. common sense isn't so common anymore

there were new photos released on some instagram account that I can't remember the name of, but i got into a huge war with the kid over posting photos from the causeway.. common sense isn't so common anymore

Do you mean these photos? Unless you're a CP employee/higher up, it's not a 16 year old's job to police people, nor start a "huge war" when you're not happy with what they post. Chill out. This is the kind of crap that makes some of us regular enthusiasts look insane due to association. By the way these photos are SPECTACULAR and made me say "Wow!" out loud.

If they were truly a problem I would imagine Cedar Point, or whoever is responsible for that kind of thing take care of it. They don't need your help. And how ironic for you to call him a kid, because you're a kid yourself, and starting an internet war is definitely acting like one.

30932905093_8f75705aff.jpg

31626906451_2d007fb308.jpg

Hyper woodie?

200 feet doesn't look likely here.

I disagree, but it's irrelevant because it's not a woodie.

Hey, I hope you're right. The ride will be awesome no matter what, but if they surprise us and add that much extra height than that can only be a good thing.

It's hard to tell exactly how much footage has been added to the height, and it's anyone's guess right now as to where the lift will peak out, but less than 40 feet needs to be added to the original MS height to make it 200-feet. It looks like 15 feet or so has been added as of now, and only roughly half of the new lift is in place. That gives us 30 feet added when all is said and done (assuming the lift peaks in the same location as the original MS, which again, is anyone's guess).

Also, I can't wait for the ensuing pages of conversation revolving around the morality of posting those pictures.

They started the base of the lift quite a bit later than the original base so if they wanted to get 200 feet, they easily would if the lift peaked where it previously had. It's anyone's guess if they're actually doing 200 feet though--it's just possible with that lift angle if they wanted to.

Wow, they are adding some serious height to this ride. 2017 or 2018... I don't really care... it looks awesome! I would have preferred to see topper track instead so they could claim a ton of wooden coaster records (assuming they go 200 feet, which they easily could with this lift angle), but I'm not gonna complain about Cedar Fair finally getting an RMC. Can't wait to see a layout released.

Wow, they are adding some serious height to this ride. 2017 or 2018... I don't really care... it looks awesome! I would have preferred to see topper track instead so they could claim a ton of wooden coaster records (assuming they go 200 feet, which they easily could with this lift angle), but I'm not gonna complain about Cedar Fair finally getting an RMC. Can't wait to see a layout released.

Totally with you on the topper track thing.

I don't know, they could claim a ton of records with I-Box too, like for example "Closest RMC to Lake Erie" and "Most Northerly Hybrid Coaster on the Cedar Point Peninsula." That of course in addition to the records of tallest, fastest, and steepest coaster Cedar Point opened in 2018, which we already know they're claiming.

Since we know records are all about marketing, perrhaps they could start giving awards for the marketing procedure itself. And with that I propose:

The Oscar Wilde Award for Being Talked About and Not Being Talked About