TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Edit: here's another picture from COASTER-net.com.

Cy2EI-IWQAAEVID.jpg:large

I wouldn't be shocked if the MCBR stays to allow for 3 train operation. There are of course other ways to accomplish 3 train operation but it's sort of looking like keeping the midcourse is likely from this image. I don't care at all but I'm sure this will be met with relentless bitching.

At this point I would say 99.9% chance this ride is scheduled to open for 2017...the only possibility I could see for 2016 is if there is some big marketing ploy to open it for Halloweekends. Remember Maverick was like entirely built before the park even closed in 2006 (and sadly still didn't open on time for 2007 ).

the only possibility I could see for 2016 is if there is some big marketing ploy to open it for Halloweekends.

Im not sure if this is a serious post or not, but the 2016 season has been over for more than a month.....

Thx for pointing that out, when I said 2016 I meant 2017 and when I said 2017 I meant 2018. Time flies when you get old.

At this point I would say 99.9% chance this ride is scheduled to open for 2017...the only possibility I could see for 2016 is if there is some big marketing ploy to open it for Halloweekends. Remember Maverick was like entirely built before the park even closed in 2006 (and sadly still didn't open on time for 2007 ).

Robbie Von Roll of the Von Roll family was nice enough to make me a replica of green cabin #16 in honor of Skyride Crew 2k16.

That's actually really awesome. He sells those things for quite a bit so that's really nice of him. Cool stuff!

Instead of a tram though it was more like a ski lift bench design.

... sounds like a Hopkins or something, we don't acknowledge those types of imposter Sky Rides.

yelling at all the people who just boarded, that the ride was going to break and fall.

It was probably about to. Non-Von Roll sky rides are pretty shady... I wouldn't trust them

Robbie Von Roll of the Von Roll family was nice enough to make me a replica of green cabin #16 in honor of Skyride Crew 2k16. This will look good on my desk, will probably find some CP stickers to slap on there for realism.

Well that was really nice of him! How much do these replicas usually run for?

Robbie Von Roll of the Von Roll family was nice enough to make me a replica of green cabin #16 in honor of Skyride Crew 2k16. This will look good on my desk, will probably find some CP stickers to slap on there for realism.

Well that was really nice of him! How much do these replicas usually run for?

Including shipping and fees the total is around $55. So, it's a little expensive but considering its hand-made and I have worked Skyride and like Von Roll a lot I consider it to be well worth it.

Actually, I'm wondering if anybody from CP (hello Tony?) is actually reading through all this,

and then deciiding to put off the announcement for a few more.... "entertaining months."

So, I was looking through this trip report from Winter Chill Out in (Feb?) 2015, and this really stuck out to me:

. . . They were teasing us with a shot of a rocky mountain coaster. . .

Has this RMC Mean Streak stuff really been going on this long?? I can't believe that it's finally happening. . .

I would be in favor of a construction delay on Mean Streak in order to bring back Snoopy Excursions... Just sayin. Especially if the boat comes back with a fully stocked bar. Then, push Mean Streak back even further for the addition of a classic log flume. After that, we may proceed to finishing Mean Streak 2.0.

I apologize if my fantasies intruded on the conversation.

So, I was looking through this trip report from Winter Chill Out in (Feb?) 2015, and this really stuck out to me:

. . . They were teasing us with a shot of a rocky mountain coaster. . .

Has this RMC Mean Streak stuff really been going on this long?? I can't believe that it's finally happening. . .

dunno bout the actual teasing from the park but i'm pretty sure everyone has wanted this ever since New Texas giant

I would be in favor of a construction delay on Mean Streak in order to bring back Snoopy Excursions... Just sayin. Especially if the boat comes back with a fully stocked bar. Then, push Mean Streak back even further for the addition of a classic log flume. After that, we may proceed to finishing Mean Streak 2.0.

I apologize if my fantasies intruded on the conversation.

I second all of this.