TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hey, did you guys realize they are building an RMC at Cedar Point? Maybe y'all should talk about that instead of boring things like skyrides and zipper pants.

That was the conversation a couple of weeks ago. Everyone got tired of "2017 vs 2018" and "Pre-lift Elements" and "Angle of lift" discussions. So, until we get more news, we will talk about more important matters, like skyrides and zipper pants.

Oh how I miss the sky rides at my home park SF Great America. They scared the crap outta me when I was a little guy. But we still have our 2 original flumes! And they say "Great America" on all the logs/boats, no big SF logo... which makes them extra cool.

I've become such a big fan of skyrides and flumes in the last few years. The "classic experience" is becoming rare these days. During my 3 days at PPP this year, I rode the sky ride at least 10 times. I also like cargo pants with zippers, but I'm CRAZY about old school Chance Zippers! Sorry to see the new model they are testing has shoulder bars and bucket seats, ew!

It was really cool to hear Cedar Point/Fair is looking for "classic rides" around the world. They are starting the recognize the value of this stuff. I'm waiting for the day they can restore a classic Blue Streak experience. If little Kennywood can do it, a huge place like Cedar Point has the resources to do it. (And add something about Six Flags running Revolution with NO shoulder bars again, after everyone in the industry insisted that would never EVER happen again.) Strange things thankfully happen!

Going to start a "bring back the Frontier Lift" petition

(kidding)

Hey, did you guys realize they are building an RMC at Cedar Point?

You do realize the park hasn't announced it yet, so we just get to keep pretending like it doesn't it exist, right?

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Hey, did you guys realize they are building an RMC at Cedar Point?

You do realize the park hasn't announced it yet, so we just get to keep pretending like it doesn't it exist, right?

Fixed?

I'm going to assume polls are against the forum rules? Wondering what percentage think it will open Spring 2017, Summer or Fall 2017, or 2018. I don't have a strong opinion either way myself. But I am enjoying Cedar Point trying to hide what's going on!

I'm going to assume polls are against the forum rules? Wondering what percentage think it will open Spring 2017, Summer or Fall 2017, or 2018. I don't have a strong opinion either way myself. But I am enjoying Cedar Point trying to hide what's going on!

I'm pretty sure someone already made one, unless that thread got locked.

Edit: Here it is. Knock yourself out.

Maybe y'all should talk about that instead of boring things like skyrides and zipper pants.

I mean, parks become a lot more enjoyable when you can appreciate other aspects and pieces of engineering besides coasters, coasters, and only coasters. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is just my personal opinion though.

^ I totally agree with you, and I always enjoyed information in and around parks,

and general planning for them. In my younger years. And still now, I enjoy hearing

stories and anecdotes about trip planning, etc.

And yes, even sky rides.

why doesn't the train ever get any love here i'd argue that the train ride is even better than, dare i say it, skyride. you get to sit down and relax for 5-10 minutes for each section and enjoy the views along the way. always nice to look out and see lake erie and get a nice view of some of the coasters and scenery. and how could i forget the skeleton firefighter that doesn't even aim at the building on fire.

Oh, and anybody who actually thinks there's anything inherently lame about cargo shorts needs to seriously get over themselves, and out of their pretentious little world...

If you're this offended about what one person thinks about your cargo shorts then I'm not sure it's the people who think they're inherently lame that need to reevaluate...

(Side note: nobody said you couldn't wear them - they're just ugly. Practical? Sure. Brutal? Absolutely.)

This is fun. I love the off-season.

Still something I wouldn't be surprised to see happen! I'm sure the new trains they developed for Steel Dragon (a Morgan) can be updated relatively easily to match Arrow's specs - and if the track gauge is the same, even better.

Well Steel Dragon's track is vastly different than any Arrow. Steel Dragon has external wheel assemblies (like B&M and most modern steel coasters).

new-steel-dragon2.jpg

This configuration is different than any internal assemblies found on every other Morgan or Arrow coaster.

B&M has never developed trains with an internal wheel assembly, unless you count Psyclone at SFMM.