TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think RMC have been playing it safe with unannounced projects. I'm sure they realize they've unintentionally let the cat out of the bag a few times in the past couple years.

Saying "there's no RMC projects opening in 2017" is the PR equivalent of saying there's no announced RMC projects opening in 2017. I don't think that statement confirms anything.

Don't worry, you can always continue to delude yourselves by telling yourself, "RMC can't say anything because they aren't allowed to by Cedar Fair."

And you can continue to delude yourself by pretending that a 22-month construction is completely normal. They're already 6-months ahead of New Texas Giant's construction timeline...

I've said before on here that I find myself sitting squarely on the fence regarding 2017/18. No single piece of info (short of announcement) will convince me either way. That being said, I just wanted to add one more tiny piece to the puzzle.

I also completely understand the notion of "this is not from Cedar Fair, this is from RMC and until an announcement we cannot trust what the designer says." However, "no projects in 2017" is a pretty big statement.

Again, grain of salt.

One thing to remember is that we still don't really know the scope of the project. For all we know the changes to Mean Streak could be far more dramatic than they've been for previous Iron Horse conversions. I was all in on 2018 and I'm becoming less and less confident on that with each update, but it's also hard to be overly confident in 2017 when we don't know what they're actually doing yet.

Maybe it will be a lift-hill coaster, then it hits a launch section that goes away from the the Mean Streak footprint. The worlds longest coaster? Hey, Dreaming is free

Whatever it is or isn't, the park sure seems like they're having fun! More power to em!

Someone was going to post about it eventually from IAAPA. It's just a tweet and I have 0 faith in a random coaster based twitter account. This is fun to watch but I'm not believing anything until I hear it from the park.

Even if it is announced for 2018, I still want to return in 2017 for Cedar Point, the waterpark upgrades, beach, local perch/walleye fish fries, and the Drunken Donkey patio.

Judging from those pics I've seen, a Revitalized Meaner Coaster will be opening in 2017

I agree 100%. You can definitely tell by a couple of blurry, grainy photos of a half complete pre-lift what year a coaster will be opening.

I was disappointed to see the bunny hops at the beginning of the coaster (I don't think they're really needed), but I'm much more disappointed by the fact that the lift will be the same low angle it was before rather than making it 45 degrees or so as many people had theorized. What are your thoughts and first impressions of the conversion so far?

I was disappointed to see the bunny hops at the beginning of the coaster (I don't think they're really needed), but I'm much more disappointed by the fact that the lift will be the same low angle it was before rather than making it 45 degrees or so as many people had theorized. What are your thoughts and first impressions of the conversion so far?

Unless everyone is wrong, the lift hill will be steeper.

14918825_1804024326509844_5231465999474328942_o.jpg

Intrigued to see what CP is up to if it isn't opening until 2018, should be something pretty special. Without going over old ground too much, surely if it was opening next year then the park would currently be promoting the hell out of it. Plus with Valravn just opening do they really need another massive new coaster so soon? I don't think so.