TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That video was posted yesterday (see one page back), and that's what I was referring to. I looked again still don't see it but whatever I really don't care about one (possibly two if you're somehow seeing something I'm not) little bunnyhops the train will take at 5mph.

There's track for the first bump at the end of the turn and the ledgers in place suggest a second bump will be after that. But yeah, I really don't care about them either. If you really want to see it, watch carefully from 1:10 to 1:20 of the video.

Also from that video, you can see that the steeper new lift profile is now exceeding the old in height... If CP shifted their webcam by 1 degree, we'd be able to get a better angle of this!

It looks like it will be massive!

It's still a ways from the height of the old lift hill. Based on what we're seeing right now it looks like it will end up higher and I think that's going to be the case, but it's not there yet and we all have absolutely no way of knowing this right now.

No matter what ends up happening with the stupid pre-lift (that really doesn't matter at all anyway) and how tall this is, it's going to be amazing and I can't wait to see it built.

It's still a ways from the height of the old lift hill. Based on what we're seeing right now it looks like it will end up higher and I think that's going to be the case, but it's not there yet and we all have absolutely no way of knowing this right now.

Obviously the ledgers aren't taller than the total height yet... I was saying that the ledgers have surpassed the the old profile - That means new wood has been erected to make the structure taller and accommodate the new angle.

The red solid line is confirmed by the currently placed ledgers. The theoretical trajectory based on this lift angle seems to put the new total height well over the old, by how much we can't say yet.

4263000_MSprofile.thumb.jpg.bf44503cfbd4a854f8517491a6347085.jpg

. . . The theoretical trajectory based on this lift angle seems to put the new total height well over the old, by how much we can't say yet.

I'm still thinking that they are going to break the 200ft mark.

Tony sounds passed in a letter I saw on facebook. . .

Ohhhh no!! Tony Clark has passed?? Who's going to replace him?! #RIPTony

/End Sarcasm

Tony did say in his blog that people weren't allowed to drive around and take pictures since the park is closed. Once I saw that video surfaced, I knew trouble would come for the person who made it. I just hope everyone understands that park rules are park rules and disobeying them could lead to consequences.

Anyways, regarding Mean Streak, I could see this being RMC's best conversion yet!

Thanks, Tony. That was well worded and appropriate. We're all very excited for the new coaster, and although I enjoyed the original Mean Streak, I am eagerly watching the construction of the new version of the ride. Sometimes people get a little carried away. I understand how dangerous construction zones can be, as I have had a number of friends and acquaintances in that industry, so I know you set down these rules to keep people safe. I'll be content to watch the construction through the channels you and the park provide. If it's like the Valravn construction, this should be an entertaining winter. Thanks for all you do, and I'm very much looking forward to the next time I can visit your park and ride this new coaster and some old favourites as well.

Conspiracy theory time:

Maybe the video was leaked anonymously by Cedar Point as a marketing strategy....

...or enthusiasts are so thirsty for new pictures that they are willing to trespass and get arrested. How long before someone gets arrested and we get a mugshot? I give it <2 weeks.

Guess we will have to rely on people using THE BOAT to cruise up near the area and take pictures.

Is there any kind of law for how close you can bring a boat to the property? They don't own the lake...

As long as I'm able to see the boat on the webcam and post it here you should be good.

First Post TPR

In the US and Candad private boats may not cross with 100 feet of privately beach if it has a marina and said marina is closed. However this does apply to commercial boats, specifically ferries, tours, and cruises.

Is there any kind of law for how close you can bring a boat to the property? They don't own the lake...

Personally I think if someone, who takes as much time as Tony to interact with enthusiasts and work with groups for special events, makes it clear pictures for now are not ok then maybe the response shouldn't be how to try and circumvent their wishes.

Edited by Garet