TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

the Sky Ride is nice and enjoyable. However its fits in the leisure ride category oppose to thrill ride. Its like the train or the ferris wheel. They are good for when you want your stomach to settle after all the thrill rides,good for if you want a break from walking and standing in line but just dont want to sit on a bench doing nothing,good for seeing the park and planning out you day,and good for photo ops too. but since people want me in to include it lol, ill now rank flat rides/non coasters like i did with the coasters. I didnt go on the upcharge rides although we wanted to but we didnt want to fork out the extra money and also really didnt have time. However if i did go on those im sure they would be on the top of my list. Anyways here the list of the flat rides i went on.

1.Power Tower(love drop towers! my favorite type of flat ride)

2.Sky Hawk(make the classic swinging ship ride look like a kiddie ride)

3.Snake River Falls(fun ride and sure didnt skimp on the splashing was a nice cool off)

4.MaxAir(giant version of swinging Frisbee ride! lots of fun but made me feel sickish towards the end:()

5.Cedar Downs Derby Race(a merry-go-round that actually goes fast how cool is that?)

6.Sky Ride(relaxing but interesting knowing you are only hanging by a cable also i seen a building on top of a building when on it.lol)

7.Ferris Wheel(nice views)

8.Train(cute and relaxing)

As for the other flats either we didnt have time. Also towards the end of the trip i didnt feel to well so i didnt think the typical carnival-esque spinny rides would be good on my stomach. or we just wanted to go on the more thrilling rides. However i did want to try Witch's Wheel as it looked a lot of fun but by then again i wasnt feeling to well :/(came down with a stomach flu by the end of the 4 day trip) Also didnt get to go on Windseeker as it was down the whole time i was there.

Wow...that is an incredibly steep lift. Nice.

yea, inb4 the resident armchair engineers argue in circles about it for the next 8 weeks

But we're due for another conversation about "tensile strength."

As for my list of top CP attractions:

Millennium Force

Maverick

Beer Man

Everything else

yea, inb4 the resident armchair engineers argue in circles about it for the next 8 weeks

Millennium Force

Maverick

Beer Man

Everything else

everything else?? As in you just dont like the other coasters? Or they are equal to you? I personally thought TTD and Magnum were awesome too.O.O

That picture basically confirms a pre-lift similar to the CA RMCs, not that it makes any difference to me. That's probably what that twisty track was for anyway.

doesn't look like there's much there. like one little hump? that's all it looked like from where the ledgers were placed before the track. but me too, i could care less what happens before the lift. i care more post lift.

^^ That track looks more red than brown. Is it just me?

It's so weird that they would use a color so close to what SF has used on so many of their RMCs. Nonetheless this is exciting stuff.

^^ That track looks more red than brown. Is it just me?

It's so weird that they would use a color so close to what SF has used on so many of their RMCs. Nonetheless this is exciting stuff.

Looks kind of maroon-ish in the sun, I think it'll look great on that massive (well maybe slightly less massive now) structure.

Having a couple bumps on the way to the lift is nice. I've been on Joker (SFDK) and Twisted Colossus, the pre-lifts added something positive to the ride (Joker more than TC).

Can't wait until the full layout is released (or leaked ...).

Sandusky Register come through

I didn't say the track looked bad just surprised they are using a red-ish hue.

Also, I don't see these bumps in the pre-lift you guys are talking about. It looks like a straight curve with maybe one little hump. And you're definitely not any kind of airtime going around that curve at 5 mph so who cares.

Also, I don't see these bumps in the pre-lift you guys are talking about. It looks like a straight curve with maybe one little hump. And you're definitely not any kind of airtime going around that curve at 5 mph so who cares.

I see the same thing. F**king Nitro has a better pre-lift than this ride, but who cares if after the lift it does a bunch of insane bullsh*t?

I'm starting to get this feeling that we are going to know most of the layout before they even announce this lol

*cough* Valravn *cough*

I see the same thing. F**king Nitro has a better pre-lift than this ride, but who cares if after the lift it does a bunch of insane bullsh*t?

I second this.

Millennium Force

Maverick

Beer Man

Everything else

everything else?? As in you just dont like the other coasters? Or they are equal to you? I personally thought TTD and Magnum were awesome too.O.O

Everything else is good, but mostly equal in my book. When I go to parks I focus on what I really like and hit a few other fun things along the way.

I fail to see how 10 seconds of track attempting to be fun is vastly superior to track that lasts 1 second but gets to the fun quicker.

Ten years ago no one gave a f*** about LED lights on their cars. Now, everyone has to have them or their car is somehow inferior. Marketing combined with stupidity. Want vs. need.

Either way, I agree with most of the posters I usually agree with... I see a pretty normal mostly flat turn.

Here's a better view of it if you're interested. It will be two small humps, also. This is definitely what that wonky banked track was for. TC's pre-lift does nothing for me, but I suppose it's better than simply straight track?

Here's a better view of it if you're interested. It will be two small humps, also. This is definitely what that wonky banked track was for. TC's pre-lift does nothing for me, but I suppose it's better than simply straight track?

That video was posted yesterday (see one page back), and that's what I was referring to. I looked again still don't see it but whatever I really don't care about one (possibly two if you're somehow seeing something I'm not) little bunnyhops the train will take at 5mph.

Unless this will be like Joker where you leave the station pretty fast (an almost pseudo-launch), I don't see how those two mini-humps will be that fun. I personally enjoy the pre-lifts on TC and Joker, of course they're nothing compared to what comes after the lift-hill.