TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Not Rougarou? So after two years now it really isn't much more popular than Mantis towards the end of its life, if I'm not mistaken? Interesting.

This is indeed surprising. I knew it would be down from last year since they lost early entry and Halloweekends Fridays this year but it's still a surprising number.

I thought it was the worst coaster in the park when I visited this September. I'm not sure about everyone else but the head banging was to much! Medusa I didn't feel that way at all!

Not Rougarou? So after two years now it really isn't much more popular than Mantis towards the end of its life, if I'm not mistaken? Interesting.

This is indeed surprising. I knew it would be down from last year since they lost early entry and Halloweekends Fridays this year but it's still a surprising number.

I thought it was the worst coaster in the park when I visited this September. I'm not sure about everyone else but the head banging was to much! Medusa I didn't feel that way at all!

I absolutely hated Mantis (much more than Green Lantern) and really enjoyed Rougarou. No, not as good as Dominator but a perfectly mediocre floorless with some kick, so it's surprising it's not popular. Just shows how the park it's in can play such a role.

I absolutely hated Mantis (much more than Green Lantern) and really enjoyed Rougarou. No, not as good as Dominator but a perfectly mediocre floorless with some kick, so it's surprising it's not popular. Just shows how the park it's in can play such a role.

I'm in a similar boat. I don't experience any roughness on Rougarou and it has a little bit of a kick for a floorless coaster. Mantis was garbage. It's a major improvement.

Agree here, but only to an extent. I have skipped Mantis every visit except for my first one. I rode Rougarou this summer and also found it to be a huge improvement and only found one moment where I got a small headbang (more like an earslap.) My wife and father-in-law actively disliked it and rated it next to the bottom of CP's coasters. Both said it was very rough with a lot of headbanging. They would have been miserable on the former ride then.

Yeah it's just not that popular, we keep track of dispatches & ridership so we know the full efficiency and Rougarou was way up in dispatches this season (less down time) but the crew told me on a normal 10pm, 11pm, or 12am closing by 5-6pm the were sending trains out with 4-8 riders per train.

Wow I would have never called this. Doesn't Maverick usually do one million riders a year as well?

Yeah it's just not that popular, we keep track of dispatches & ridership so we know the full efficiency and Rougarou was way up in dispatches this season (less down time) but the crew told me on a normal 10pm, 11pm, or 12am closing by 5-6pm the were sending trains out with 4-8 riders per train.

Wow I would have never called this. Doesn't Maverick usually do one million riders a year as well?

Now that I think about it yes, Maverick usually does have one million riders each season, I don't have the final number for Maverick, I'll have to get back at a later time on that one. However I do know that Maverick was re-programmed early in the season this year which reduced it's already low (for CP) capacity, and it had lots of downtime. We joke around at CP that Dragster steals the show for most downtime but Maverick is down a lot too.

Now that I think about it yes, Maverick usually does have one million riders each season, I don't have the final number for Maverick, I'll have to get back at a later time on that one. However I do know that Maverick was re-programmed early in the season this year which reduced it's already low (for CP) capacity, and it had lots of downtime. We joke around at CP that Dragster steals the show for most downtime but Maverick is down a lot too.

What's the daily average ridership for Dragster? (assuming all available trains are running, etc)?

Hey! To all you CP fans out there i am curious how would you rank the coasters? Here is mine starting at one being the best:

1.M-force

2.TTD(honestly its toss up btw the first two)

3.Maverick(awesome smaller coaster that packs a punch!)

4.Valravn(while the inversions are kind of tame the hanging and straight down drops are really awesome)

5.Magnum(its kind of rough but the air time was awesome. also for some reason the bottom half of the first drop was on the slower side)

6.Raptor(thought this ride would be on the tame side but it caught be by surprise!)

7.Gatekeeper(i know wing coasters get a lot of hate but this one wasnt to bad i actually enjoyed it)

8.Gemini

9.Rougarou(fun coaster but was rough on my head)

10.Wicked Twister(while the launch is a lot of fun the drops dont seem as intense as must other coasters still its a fun coaster)

11.blue streak(small woodie but packed a punch!)

12.Cork screw

13.Iron Dragon(its 10 times more fun when using the VR)

14.Cedar Creek Mine Train(im honestly not a fan of mine train coasters they are kind of boring and to tame to me however this one wasnt to bad and the mini drop was fun)

15.Mean Streak(i dont remember the trims on the first drop so it was fun however the rest was way to rough! and honestly dont remember to much more about it now that i think about it)

The other three coasters i didnt go on as i dont ride kiddie coasters and the didnt think Pipe Scream would be worth the wait. At first it looked fun and i was like yea lets go on that but honesty i had second thought and was like meh....its pretty much just a skate board shaped Disk'o with an extra hump. While Disk'os can be fun in their own way they arnt to thrilling and kind of on the tamer side of "thrill" rides. Also keep in mind none of the coasters i listed i hated i just like some more then others of course. Although again i dont remember much about Mean Streak other then being rough after the first drop.

Where's Sky Ride?

Was that to me? If so the sky ride isnt a coaster...so there for i didnt include it.

Skyride or get out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So you guys would probably be very disapponted that I spent three days at CP in June and didn't ride Sky Ride?

Run. Run fast. Run away from this thread and back to CP right now and camp out at the entrance for five months.