TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Wow didn't think i'd get so much feedback off an observation (not a complaint). I have no stake in the outcome and didn't mean to insult anyone.

I've seen three videos from CP: a holiday greetings video, a video with what I believe was the GM and PR guy answering questions, and the Cubs one. All three seemed campy to me. Also the one where the guys were answering questions it was like 20 minutes of them making fun of everyone that was asking questions and not actually answering any of them, which once again is something these large parks/public companies brand management usually do not allow. Feel free to continue to criticizing my observations .

OMG it is so obvious there is an RMC Mean Streak in the works!

Can we get an announcement PLEASE??????

Like, come on Tony!

I think it would be hilarious if they simply opened it without announcing anything. Just to irk coaster enthusiasts.

Announce it on opening day, perhaps?

Like, come on Tony!

I think it would be hilarious if they simply opened it without announcing anything. Just to irk coaster enthusiasts.

Yeah, but then there would be a line of enthusiasts waiting to beat the crap out of the Cedar Point executives a la Airplane

Awesome that's really interesting. And yeah I know all about those Intamin anti-rollbacks. Occasionally at Toro, the rollback wheel will slip going up the entire lift hill and the entire park can hear the anti-rollbacks going off.

Now does Millenium Force also have a verify system for the lapbars or are the seatbelts what determine if someone can ride or not? All the times I've been to CP, I've never witnessed anyone get kicked off the ride and you guys seem to hit every interval which is awesome! The verify on Toro is super strict and some days it can be super hard to hit intervals due to the amount of chunky monkeys in the park. Fright Fest is generally the worst time of year to run the ride because people's jackets lower their chances of verifying and sometimes we end up kicking several people off the same train.

Also, do you know what the total ridership for the season was for Millennium Force? I know you guys usually do around 1.7 million which is super impressive. We've done about 1.25 million on El Toro so far this season.

There's no verification system whatsoever on Millennium Force you can dispatch a train in full auto mode with the lapbars up. However if someone actually did that you could kiss your job at CP goodbye. If the seat belt can fasten the guest is good to ride. You all know we have the notoriously short seatbelts. Fun fact: all seat belts on Millennium are the same length, which makes it fair for everybody but the ability of each ride host to buckle a guest of a larger size varys from person to person and that's how we have the rumors that the seatbelts are all different lengths.

Millennium had another 1.7 million riders this season. The highest on Millennium was 1.9 million in 2001

I noticed you said you can unlock each car individually, I'm so jealous of that, if we need to unlock it's all the seats or none.

can the seatbelts on MF be made longer? Why are they so short?

can the seatbelts on MF be made longer? Why are they so short?

I think the seat belts were shortened heavily after the incident where someone was ejected from Superman Ride of Steel back in 2004. And then in the years following the incident, the seatbelts were gradually lengthen again. I'm not sure if Cedar Point or Intamin mandates this requirement.

CP's is great. With all the Twitter giveaways and personal responses, they really know how to cater to their guests in an intimate fashion. Compare that to SFMM which maybe logs into their social media accounts once a month.

My favorite park to follow is Kings Island. I love the amount of coverage they have with offseason stuff from the coaster trains getting their maintenance to the construction that goes on in the park.

CP is pretty awesome too. I loved the periscope Tony Clark did the day after the park closed.

Like, come on Tony!

Yeah, but then there would be a line of enthusiasts waiting to beat the crap out of the Cedar Point executives a la Airplane

You have no idea how happy I am that you made that reference.

There's no verification system whatsoever on Millennium Force you can dispatch a train in full auto mode with the lapbars up. However if someone actually did that you could kiss your job at CP goodbye. If the seat belt can fasten the guest is good to ride. You all know we have the notoriously short seatbelts. Fun fact: all seat belts on Millennium are the same length, which makes it fair for everybody but the ability of each ride host to buckle a guest of a larger size varys from person to person and that's how we have the rumors that the seatbelts are all different lengths.

Millennium had another 1.7 million riders this season. The highest on Millennium was 1.9 million in 2001

I noticed you said you can unlock each car individually, I'm so jealous of that, if we need to unlock it's all the seats or none.

Wow, congrats! The most Toro has done was about 1.6 million back in 2010 when the crews were allowed to sprint on the platform. I've always wished we could have the staffing your park has. It's a rare day in hell when we get more than 2 people to check any of the trains at our coasters.

Do you know how many riders Valravn and Gatekeeper did this year?

Gatekeeper was the most ridden roller coaster this season with 1.9 million this year. Best was 2 million opening year.

Valravn was third with 1.6 million. Millennium was 2nd place this year.

Magnum, Raptor, Gemini, Top Thrill Dragster, CP&LE Railroad, & Skyride all had over a million riders this season.

I wish Six Flags would spend the money on staffing to have 4 people check the train. When I visited I saw a lot of ride ops moving fast, but they have double the amount of seats to check as one of CP's ride ops.

For all those people who STILL think this will be the open in 2018 with the same construction timeline as New Texas Giant, let me remind you that Mean Streak is currently 6 months ahead of that construction timeline.

The first track was erected on the lift hill on March 3, 2010 and by May 12, 2010, they were only a few feet further along than Mean Streak sits today... and it's only NOVEMBER

You are insane if you think this won't open in 2017.

Gatekeeper was the most ridden roller coaster this season with 1.9 million this year. Best was 2 million opening year.

Magnum, Raptor, Gemini, Top Thrill Dragster, CP&LE Railroad, & Skyride all had over a million riders this season.

I wish Six Flags would spend the money on staffing to have 4 people check the train. When I visited I saw a lot of ride ops moving fast, but they have double the amount of seats to check as one of CP's ride ops.

Nice! I didn't expect Valravn to do that well. I didn't think its throughput was so high with only 24 passenger trains.

It's a mix of corporate not wanting to staff the rides and just a lack of staffing in general. 2016 was an awful year for staffing. If any of you guys live near GADV and want to work in the rides department, please apply! haha

Corporate has been looking into budgeting rides to run with 4 people on the train. They were experimenting over the summer. They gave Nitro 4 one day and the crew was pulling 1,650s an hour.

Wow didn't think i'd get so much feedback off an observation (not a complaint). I have no stake in the outcome and didn't mean to insult anyone.

I've seen three videos from CP: a holiday greetings video, a video with what I believe was the GM and PR guy answering questions, and the Cubs one. All three seemed campy to me. Also the one where the guys were answering questions it was like 20 minutes of them making fun of everyone that was asking questions and not actually answering any of them, which once again is something these large parks/public companies brand management usually do not allow. Feel free to continue to criticizing my observations .

oh, you're the food guy.

For all those people who STILL think this will be the open in 2018 with the same construction timeline as New Texas Giant, let me remind you that Mean Streak is currently 6 months ahead of that construction timeline.

The first track was erected on the lift hill on March 3, 2010 and by May 12, 2010, they were only a few feet further along than Mean Streak sits today... and it's only NOVEMBER

You are insane if you think this won't open in 2017.

Even with extremely palpable evidence pointing towards 2017, people will still say 2018

Wow, congrats! The most Toro has done was about 1.6 million back in 2010 when the crews were allowed to sprint on the platform. I've always wished we could have the staffing your park has. It's a rare day in hell when we get more than 2 people to check any of the trains at our coasters.

Do you know how many riders Valravn and Gatekeeper did this year?

Not Rougarou? So after two years now it really isn't much more popular than Mantis towards the end of its life, if I'm not mistaken? Interesting.

Mean Streak is closed.

Mean Streak is being RMC'd

^Has yet to be officially announced despite a copious amount of construction done, but not BGW Tempesto levels.

IAAPA is next week.

RMC will be at IAAPA.

Possible announcement?

An announcement at IAPAA has been a fairly strong rumor as of recent.

Seems plausible, and would definitely be a unique way to announce a new coaster in comparison to their last few.

Along with the fact that we've seen various Coaster announcements at the event in the past.

Not Rougarou? So after two years now it really isn't much more popular than Mantis towards the end of its life, if I'm not mistaken? Interesting.

This is indeed surprising. I knew it would be down from last year since they lost early entry and Halloweekends Fridays this year but it's still a surprising number.

This is indeed surprising. I knew it would be down from last year since they lost early entry and Halloweekends Fridays this year but it's still a surprising number.

Yeah it's just not that popular, we keep track of dispatches & ridership so we know the full efficiency and Rougarou was way up in dispatches this season (less down time) but the crew told me on a normal 10pm, 11pm, or 12am closing by 5-6pm the were sending trains out with 4-8 riders per train.