TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

They say you can't put lipstick on a pig, but AC/DC got me retroactively hyped enough in this video to almost shed a tear for Old Yeller. Whatever Cedar Point announces, I hope the park is able to reuse Thunderstruck in a feel-good "heading to the park/interviews/ride footage" montage. #DroppingHintsForMrClark #Thunderstruck #ButNotThunderhawk

It's funny to me how a huge famous park like CP's youtube is still ran with the equivalent of a 14 year old with an iphone and Windows Movie Maker. Most companies now you need a degree and years of experience doing professional video shoots and editing, and companies are anal about their image...there's just something so campy about CP's. Like I would expect Lake Compounce or Quassy Amusement Park to have that kind of youtube channel, not CP.

Cedar Point has it together when it comes to the website and social media. Aside from possibly Universal and smaller parks that can get away with a lot more when it comes to commenting back to people who ask stupid questions, they're hard to compete with. I've honestly never heard anyone complain about anything relating to their web presence before. Then again, enthusiasts can and will complain about absolutely everything.

TR said they stopped at the top of the hill for 5-8 seconds, that's a result of dispatching too early. And we also get that really loud sound of the anti-rollbacks droping when the train stops.

You should do that once every morning just to see if you can wake up the entire city of Sandusky with those anti-rollbacks. Good god those things are loud.

It's funny to me how a huge famous park like CP's youtube is still ran with the equivalent of a 14 year old with an iphone and Windows Movie Maker. Most companies now you need a degree and years of experience doing professional video shoots and editing, and companies are anal about their image...there's just something so campy about CP's. Like I would expect Lake Compounce or Quassy Amusement Park to have that kind of youtube channel, not CP.

...Really?

CP does some of the best PR/Marketing in the business. I think many here would agree to that, as well.

Looks good to me! The channel is well-organized, the videos are well-presented, the content is socially responsive and updated regularly, and the whole channel captures the compelling thrills and fun to be had at Cedar Point. I loved the recent series where kids reacted to watching the Great Pumpkin, as well as the newer 360° videos.

If you were referring in any way to the campy Mean Streak video that I posted, it was from a 1991 reel that an individual put together and posted to YouTube, and its production value fit the times.

I can vouch that the seat belts on millennium force are not the same length. We rode it several times in a row, and each time the belt was a different lengths. I believe that at the beginning of the season they may be the same, but over time in the sun/rain they shrink.

First time I rode, the belt had slack and was fine. The second time, I almost had to do the walk of shame because I couldn't get it to reach the latch.

There's no verification system whatsoever on Millennium Force you can dispatch a train in full auto mode with the lapbars up. However if someone actually did that you could kiss your job at CP goodbye. If the seat belt can fasten the guest is good to ride. You all know we have the notoriously short seatbelts. Fun fact: all seat belts on Millennium are the same length, which makes it fair for everybody but the ability of each ride host to buckle a guest of a larger size varys from person to person and that's how we have the rumors that the seatbelts are all different lengths.

Millennium had another 1.7 million riders this season. The highest on Millennium was 1.9 million in 2001

I noticed you said you can unlock each car individually, I'm so jealous of that, if we need to unlock it's all the seats or none.

Wow, congrats! The most Toro has done was about 1.6 million back in 2010 when the crews were allowed to sprint on the platform. I've always wished we could have the staffing your park has. It's a rare day in hell when we get more than 2 people to check any of the trains at our coasters.

Do you know how many riders Valravn and Gatekeeper did this year?

It's funny to me how you mentioned that a 14 year old with an iPhone would use windows movie maker. Most 14 year olds with iPhones would just use iMovie and wouldn't even bother to upload their videos to their computer.

...Seriously overestimating the abilities of 14 year olds

It's funny to me how you mentioned that a 14 year old with an iPhone would use windows movie maker. Most 14 year olds with iPhones would just use iMovie and wouldn't even bother to upload their videos to their computer.

...Seriously overestimating the abilities of 14 year olds

OMG it is so obvious there is an RMC Mean Streak in the works!

Can we get an announcement PLEASE??????

Like, come on Tony!

I think it would be hilarious if they simply opened it without announcing anything. Just to irk coaster enthusiasts.