TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^^The awesome thing about the former station still standing in Frontier town is that the second floor which now uses supplies for park services (well at least it did in 2003 last time I was up there) still has all the station markings painted on the floor. You can go up there and it's like a time warp to when it was an active station. Kinda cool to see.

Also, from what I have heard Skyride uses Frontier Lift's old cabins. However, I have also heard those were scrapped and they actually purchased new ones. Can anyone confirm? Also, one of Frontier Lift's footers are currently still in "the jungle" by Iron Dragon.

I have also heard Frontier Lift's other station is now where Iron Dragon's station sits. I wish there was more footage :/

Bill, look what we have done... the thread is... beautiful :'-)

I liked the Frontier Lift better than the Sky Ride back in the day, back when Millennium Island was barren with lots of trees. I also liked going over Mine Ride as you entered/exited the Frontiertown station.

Actually the Frontier Lift midway station would have been closer to where Coasters is currently, more like between Coasters and the Luminosity stage. The Monster and Western Cruise would then be in the vicinity of the Luminosity stage and Iron Dragon's brake run. The Paddlewheel Café would have been next to the Frontier Lift about where Coasters is right now.

The Frontier Lift was removed for Iron Dragon as it was a year or so after they removed it that ID was built.

Also to note...the Giant Wheel is 136 feet and was built in 1972, so it remained higher than all coasters built in the park prior to Magnum in 1989.

The "other" high ride in the park would have been the Sky Wheel and that stood at 90 feet. On carnivals, it's known as the "King of the Midway"

From this sloppy route I made from the station near Skyhawk, it appears to go where I heard. It also appears to match up with the picture Bill posted previously. Pretty sure the platform was where Iron Dragon's platform currently is.

Here's one that's slightly more accurate. The poster who said it was closer to Coasters is right.

Edited by cedarpointguru

Bill, look what we have done... the thread is... beautiful :'-)

I know, it's way better now. The random Knoebels picture is a nice touch too. lol

Also I do believe that these are still the Frontier Lift cars. On a related note I found some cool pictures of these cars running with their old Frontier Lift paint jobs but on the main Sky Ride. Does anyone know how long they ran like this?

I may or may not have bookmarked the last couple pages of this thread for its valuable Skyride information. Really neat about those (disgusting) bathrooms by Skyhawk previously being a separate ride station. I had no idea about any of that.

And who would've thought that talking about Skyride would save this thread from bickering over Mean Streak

I love this new thread topic. So calm and relaxing.

Frontier Lift > Iron Dragon

I'd like to have a word with you on behalf of those who have attended ThrillCoaster Tours

we take iron dragon seriously