TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^That top layer will be covered over with another layer of steel that's installed after, it'll likely be all brown.

Except thats the bottom of the rails as they are lying upside down.

*Ding Ding Ding* We have a winner.

The grey/silver part of the track in the photo is the bottom side of the track.

Definetly, put me on team 2017. It's strange that they don't have announced it yet, but it's still possible, and remember the tendency of CF last years: 1 rehab/GCI and 1 big coaster. This year there would be a 2 rehabs and a GCI, but the price would be even smaller to what CF spent 2 years ago (I couldn't find info about 2016):

2015 Total -> 31-32 Million $

-Fury 325 ->30,000,000$

-Rougarou Rehab -> Between 1,000,000$ and 2,000,000$

2017 Total -> 27-28 Million $

-Mystic Timbers -> Unknown, but Prowler was 8,000,000$

-Patriot Rehab -> Between 1,000,000$ and 2,000,000$ (Maybe less, cause it has only 2 trains)

-RMC Streak -> New Texas Giant (similar size) was 10,000,000$

Talking about prices I think it has a lot of sense (given the facts). I don't think either 2017 or 2018 options are the best marketing and timing wise, but at this pace I really believe that Meaner Streak is for next year.

Edited by psaulaferraz

Definetly, put me on team 2017. It's strange that they don't have announced it yet, but it's still possible, and remember the tendency of CF last years: 1 rehab/GCI and 1 big coaster. This year there would be a 2 rehabs and a GCI, but the price would be even smaller to what CF spent 2 years ago (I couldn't find info about 2016):

2015 Total -> 31-32 Million $

-Fury 325 ->30,000,000$

-Rougarou Rehab -> Between 1,000,000$ and 2,000,000$

2017 Total -> 27-28 Million $

-Mystic Timbers -> Unknown, but Prowler was 8,000,000$

-Patriot Rehab -> Between 1,000,000$ and 2,000,000$ (Maybe less, cause it has only 2 trains)

-RMC Streak -> New Texas Giant (similar size) was 18,000,000$

Talking about prices I think it has a lot of sense (given the facts). I don't think either 2017 or 2018 options are the best marketing and timing wise, but at this pace I really believe that Meaner Streak is for next year.

Where is the 18M for New Texas Giant from? Everything I have ever read says it cost 10M to RMC back in 2011

^Youre welcome!

I've been thinking of possible themes and stuff and I thought of one that makes some good sense I wanna hear what you all think....so since it seems the track could mimick "railroad" tracks based on the color and given the theme of that area of the park I say Iron Streak would be a great name themed to a "Wild West" train. Makes a lot of sense and they could have a cool story behind how the railroad train went out of control or something.

^Youre welcome!

I've been thinking of possible themes and stuff and I thought of one that makes some good sense I wanna hear what you all think....so since it seems the track could mimick "railroad" tracks based on the color and given the theme of that area of the park I say Iron Streak would be a great name themed to a "Wild West" train. Makes a lot of sense and they could have a cool story behind how the railroad train went out of control or something.

It's actually funny that you say that because their was a twitter post that could kind of hint to that. Somebody asked Cedar Point to explain the I-box track located on sight and Tony Clark replied "Yes. Those are railroad tracks." You never know you could be right.

Maybe the steel I-Box would only be used for the transfer track and not the whole ride and we could see some topper track installed. If you are wondering what made the speculation, here is a video of Goliath (SFGAm) coming out of transfer. You can see some I-Box track there instead of the topper track you see on the rest of the ride.

^I've been wondering that as well. While there's no doubt in my mind it's gonna be a great ride, I've been curious to know if CP will be able to claim wooden coaster records, keeping up with their record-breaking additions. When I first saw the track, I thought it could just be for the transfer area, as it's all just straight track.

Rougarou and Vortex are quite a bit more than that.

Mantis cost 12M, the conversion to Rougarou was 2-3M from some reports.

It was significantly more than that. I'm not gonna discuss the details of it, but it was a larger investment than people make it out to be. It's enough money that I don't consider 2015 as an "off-year" at CP in terms of investment totals.