TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'm sick of certain people on this site that think they know every damn thing for one it's just idea's and speculations trying to sound like you're some kind of freaking expert does nothing for me but make you look like an a$$ this is a theme park discussion board are we not allowed to have ideas, speculate and have wishful thinking.

If it doesn't open in 2017 so effing what were just having a discussion about the possibility of that happening even if it doesn't oh freaking well. Some people really need to get over themselves and their high horses. Trying to hold these parks to a mold based on previous years is ignorant these parks can do what they want when they want there is no set mold for these places.

If CP wants to announce this thing is opening a week before the resort opens for the season they can and they are still going to get the sales and visitors, no one is setting around on their hands saying I'm not buying a season pass or planning a visit until CP announces the New Mean Streak that's a coaster boys fantasy. Everyone that planned on buying a pass has or will and everyone planning a trip has or will regardless of Mean streak.

This isn't SF CP is a resort that has many things to offer families heck the Water park additions probably brought in more season pass sales then a New Mean streak would have since Families are where the money is, so CP feels their pass sale are doing just fine with what they have announced so far and can announce a New Mean streak when they feel like it. Unless you are part of the CP team that makes these decisions you don't know period.

Edited by johnnyknottsville

I'm sick of certain people on this site that think they know every damn thing for one it's just idea's and speculations trying to sound like you're some kind of freaking expert does nothing for me but make you look like an a$$ this is a theme park discussion board are we not allowed to have ideas, speculate and have wishful thinking. If it doesn't open in 2017 so effing what were just having a discussion about the possibility of that happening even if it doesn't oh freaking well. Some people really need to get over themselves and their high horses. Trying to hold these parks to a mold based on previous years is ignorant these parks can do what they want when they want there is no set mold for these places. If CP wants to announce this thing is opening a week before the resort opens for the season they can and they are still going to get the sales and visitors, no one is setting around on their hands saying I'm not buying a season pass or planning a visit until CP announces the New Mean Streak that's a coaster boys fantasy. Everyone that planned on buying a pass has or will and everyone planning a trip has or will regardless of Mean streak. This isn't SF CP is a resort that has many things to offer families heck the Water park additions probably brought in more season pass sales then a New Mean streak would have since Families are where the money is, so CP feels their pass sale are doing just fine with what they have announced so far and can announce a New Mean streak when they feel like it. Unless you are part of the CP team that makes these decisions you don't know period.

I tried to read this but it was so poorly written that I eventually just tapped out. Anyone else? For the most part it's completely ridiculous though. The season pass renewal argument isn't directed at enthusiasts. They're going to renew anyway. It's regarding everyone else... mostly people with day tickets who the park is trying to entice to upgrade to a 2017 season pass.

I'm sorry, I forgot how much of a waste of time it was to try to inject any common sense at all into this thread. Everyone seems to get personally offended when you say it's probably not going to be a 2017 addition (not directed at Mossed BTW, I don't agree with him at all but his argument is sensible and I think it was leading to an interesting discussion).

Edited by coasterbill

A few people posting in this thread need to take the time to chill out on their own.

That is all!

Please do not take it personally when someone disagrees with your argument. Two sides are making points and that is fine it's the personal attacks and baiting that need to stop.

Sometimes looking at the past is the best way to predict the future but looking at the past is always the best way to predict the past.

Edited by larrygator

I'm sick of certain people on this site that think they know every damn thing for one it's just idea's and speculations trying to sound like you're some kind of freaking expert does nothing for me but make you look like an a$$ this is a theme park discussion board are we not allowed to have ideas, speculate and have wishful thinking. If it doesn't open in 2017 so effing what were just having a discussion about the possibility of that happening even if it doesn't oh freaking well. Some people really need to get over themselves and their high horses. Trying to hold these parks to a mold based on previous years is ignorant these parks can do what they want when they want there is no set mold for these places. If CP wants to announce this thing is opening a week before the resort opens for the season they can and they are still going to get the sales and visitors, no one is setting around on their hands saying I'm not buying a season pass or planning a visit until CP announces the New Mean Streak that's a coaster boys fantasy. Everyone that planned on buying a pass has or will and everyone planning a trip has or will regardless of Mean streak. This isn't SF CP is a resort that has many things to offer families heck the Water park additions probably brought in more season pass sales then a New Mean streak would have since Families are where the money is, so CP feels their pass sale are doing just fine with what they have announced so far and can announce a New Mean streak when they feel like it. Unless you are part of the CP team that makes these decisions you don't know period.

I tried to read this but it was so poorly written that I eventually just tapped out. Anyone else? For the most part it's completely ridiculous though. The season pass renewal argument isn't directed at enthusiasts. They're going to renew anyway. It's regarding everyone else... mostly people with day tickets who the park is trying to entice to upgrade to a 2017 season pass.

I'm sorry, I forgot how much of a waste of time it was to try to inject any common sense at all into this thread. Everyone seems to get personally offended when you say it's probably not going to be a 2017 addition (not directed at Mossed BTW, I don't agree with him at all but his argument is sensible and I think it was leading to an interesting discussion).

Now, I am neutral (in a way here). For once I actually support Mr Bill, as I like to call him. Normally I don't comment on grammar an punctuation, but I had to read everything twice to understand the terrible points you were trying to convey. You are saying not to pretend to be an expert, but you start banging on about how you know exactly how CP works their season pass methods.

In other news, I do think the pictures of them removing only the track, is really interesting. I would laugh so hard if they removed all the track, then the supports just to annoy enthusiasts.

Ok well on that note, my complaints from Friday were, as expected, fixed/back to normal yesterday.

The park was absolutely packed but with our season pass renewal fastlane it was a fantastic day. Yes they still seemed a little understaffed since many food places were closed but the ones that were open had employees that were hauling like usual. Frontier Inn chicken is back to normal as well! Ops were flying again as usual too.

The most surprising thing about the day was the haunts. For the people here who aren't CP regulars, on Sundays during Halloweekends the outdoor haunts do not open. Since it is columbus day weekend the park had extended hours and all haunts were open. You would think that since the haunts were only open this Sunday out of all Sundays, they'd have a hard time with staffing.

Thankfully that was not the case. The haunts we went through were full of actors and they all seemed very "into it"

Very happy that CP (not surprisingly) redeemed themselves yesterday!

Scorecard:

GK: 2x

Troika: 1x

Dodgems: 1x

MaXair: 1x

Wicked Twister: 1x

Scrambler: 1x

Power Tower: 2x

TTD: 2x

Corkscrew: 1x

Magnum: 2x

Lake Erie Eagles: 1x

Pipe Scream: 1x

Gemini: 1x

Maverick: 2x

Skyhawk: 2x

Wave Swinger: 1x

MF: 3x

Rougarou: 1x

Valravn: 3x

Blue Streak: 2x

Raptor: 2x

Blood on the Bayou: 1x

Screamworks: 1x

Tombstone Terror-tory: 1x

Cut Throat Cove: 1x

Eden Mousee (idk how to spell it): 1x

Hexed: 1x

Again, fantastic day at the park!

...no one is setting around on their hands saying I'm not buying a season pass or planning a visit until CP announces the New Mean Streak that's a coaster boys fantasy. Everyone that planned on buying a pass has or will and everyone planning a trip has or will regardless of Mean streak.

I must be no one then. I just visited CP last year to try Valravn and have no reason to go back for a few years unless they indicate that the re-done Mean Streak will be running in 2017. If that is true then I will be going, if not, then I won't. It totally affects if I will visit CP and buy a Platinum Pass for next year for sure. But your right, I am not sitting on my hands or fretting about it but it will affect my plans on what park(s) to visit next year.

I like you, Bill, but you make a lot of statements presented as fact ("photoshopped obviously!"). At the rate they are getting construction done, is be shocked if it wasn't 2017. Thinking that isn't delusional.

Edit - the park would NEVER wait to promote a coaster, right? Nomember announcement for Wicked Twister and January for Top Thrill Dragster say otherwise. With recent construction timelines being around 9 months, Cedar Point closing the red early in the season, someone seeing a teaser on fun TV with what looked like an RMC on it, the closing ceremony with Richard Michael Crosby, construction already in high gear, no announced projects for next year, etc, etc. Also gotta think about the massive Breakers expansion in 2018 likely costs more than EVERYTHING Cedar Point is adding on this years budget. A lot of logical reasons to think 2017

I was waiting for someone to bring up those 2 examples from more than 10 years ago. I almost put in a disclaimer but I thought it was obvious that the parks had entirely different ownership groups and marketing departments back then so it went without saying that those examples were irrelevant

I knew you'd bring that up, but the fact remains that it has happened. I'm just going to remind you that the park didn't initially announce Luminosity, instead they promoted Dino's Alive as the 'new for' addition.

There is interest around Mean Streak. There is no reason to announce What's happening too soon or the talk ends, especially when us enthusiasts will go either way, and they are already marketing a brand new water park, sports complex, and updates to a hotel. If they don't announce it by the Holidays, I'd expect 2018... As of now, too much points to the ride opening sooner rather than later. I could be wrong, you could be wrong. The park has done a good job keeping us guessing.

I really don't care when it opens. All I know is that there's going to be a kick ass RMC next to Maverick. I may never see the front of the park again.

Seriously, having two coasters of that caliber next to each other should be illegal. And Skyhawk, too.

Gatekeeper is a capacity monster so it rarely has much of a line late in the day (60-90 minutes is routine in the morning) usually when we get there late in he day the line is about 20 minutes, but we're usually there on weekends so it's probably much shorter on weekdays.

Gatekeeper is a capacity monster so it rarely has much of a line late in the day (60-90 minutes is routine in the morning) usually when we get there late in he day the line is about 20 minutes, but we're usually there on weekends so it's probably much shorter on weekdays.

Yeah, when we were there in June, on weekdays, the line in the afternoon never filled the stairs, normally only halfway down the stairs to the station.

More like:

2017= "They started work already, and they've announced things late over 10 years ago under different management."

2018= "They're already spending a ton of money around the penninsula, including a relativly large waterpark expansion that most enthusiasts pass off as insignificant because we tend to prefer the dry side to the wet side. They also just added a new coaster last year, its kinda unlikely that they would build new coasters back to back (Not saying that isn't possible, it was done once before, but unlikely). Also, if they were building one of the best coasters ever, why wouldn't they be marketing the heck out of it to push season pass renewals?

I may be biased.

At this point, no one is changing anyone's mind until probably Winter Chill Out. If/When there's no announcement by then, I just sincerely hope the "2017!" doesn't start venting their frustrations for Cedar Point not fulfilling their desires precisely as hoped. I know that they will, but it would just be nice for a change if that didn't happen.