TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

On another subject, I renewed my platinum pass for next season and was pleasantly surprised to receive a Fastlane Plus comp for a visit sometime during the rest of the 2016 season. Had totally forgotten about that. Thanks Cedar Fair!!

Well this is interesting. Is that standard for everyone? How exactly does it work? Are the dates/times subjective, or will it work for haunts like Scarowinds?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions.

^^ The free fastlane plus band is only for renewal and only valid on Fridays and Sundays. Not sure if its valid at other parks or what other parks are doing for their renewal deals.

On the topic of food I pretty much stick with fresh cut fries, hot dog or cheese on a stick, walking tacos and chuck wagon. The rest of the food at CP is pretty garbage. I do hit up Famous Dave's occasionally but being a meal plan holder I stick with those options more often. I was honestly really disappointed in the Frontier Inn chicken tenders when they made such a big deal about them. Literally flavorless. Sure they're fresh and moist compared to the frozen ones at other stands but the breading has zero flavor. Such a let down.

I've never thought the food was very good at CP compared to Kings Island but wow what a difference just having gone to Busch Gardens Tampa, that food was amazing and the meal plan was a better value. I know when we go for Halloweekends in a couple weeks the food won't be any where near as good but I won't complain as it's on the park free this time due to some bad customer service issues we had in July, but I also tell myself I'm there for the coasters which are unlike any other park in my opinion.

This is honestly why I avoid meal plans at Cedar Fair ans Six Flags parks. Sure I'd save money but I'd also have to eat complete sh*t.

This is laughable. Both SF and CF parks have some good things to eat, along with bad. You just have to know what to get, which may take some trial and error or recommendations from people.

This is honestly why I avoid meal plans at Cedar Fair ans Six Flags parks. Sure I'd save money but I'd also have to eat complete sh*t.

Someone hasn't spent much time at Harmony Hall.

Harmony Hall is great but I almost never eat at Carowinds because if we ever go it's just a quick pit stop to ride Afterburn, Intimidator and Fury.

This is laughable. Both SF and CF parks have some good things to eat, along with bad. You just have to know what to get, which may take some trial and error or recommendations from people.

Sorry but no it isn't, it depends on the park. The dining plan at Six Flags Great Adventure absolutely sucks. Macho Nacho is the only decent thing on the dining plan but they're slow as hell and completely incompetent. Also, the dining plan is essentially useless during Holiday in the Park (and honestly at least half of our annual visits take place during this time) since every food location on the dining plan has waits between 30-45 minutes because of how understaffed they are.

The only good place to eat in that park is Panda Express, especially during Holiday in the Park because it's not on the dining plan (unless they bring in the waffle truck which obviously isn't on the dining plan). The food is better than anything else in the park and wait times are usually around 5 minutes (because it's not on the dining plan). I'd much rather pay a little more for better food and a shorter wait.

Now if my home park was Six Flags New England I would buy it in a heartbeat and use it at JB's, but since most of our Six Flags visits are at Great Adventure there's no way in hell I'll buy the dining plan.

Cedar Point is the same way. This year we bought absolutely nothing from Cedar Point in the 3 days we were there food-wise. Every meal was either from a Food Truck or from Famous Dave's because Cedar Point's food is legitimately terrible. I'd rather pay more for good food. To be fair, Cedar Point does have Panda Express on the dining plan but waits for Panda Express are almost always ridiculous because it's the only good single meal location on the plan.

I feel like either you got a bad batch or something because everytime I've eaten there the breading has had a ton of seasoning.

Possible, But I tried it on 3 separate occasions throughout the season and had the same experience each time. But I haven't had them since June. So maybe they got better. Ironically, my nephews who are 10 and 12 both hated them as well and prefer the regular frozen kind.

I agree, however I do like the options on the meal plans at almost every other Cedar Fair park I've been to since they implemented the meal plan. So while I think the options are lacking at Point I don't mind getting the plan and using it at KI, Dorney, CW or Carowinds.

I knew the Midway Market person was coming . I hate that place with a passion and never understood why people like it so much. They share a kitchen with the picnic area so it's all sh*tty picnic grove food but at an insane price. F**k Midway Market. To each his own but I never understood why anyone would eat there when Famous Daves exists.

Can't say that I ever actually wanted to eat at Midway Market because I'm just not a fan of buffet style food...let alone dare one in a theme park. And I don't believe that they sell beer, so I say the same - f&$k Midway Market.

We either eat at Famous Dave's, TGIFriday's, or we eat Chickie & Pete's fries (although their service was horrible) or the fries and cheese back near Gemini. Pinks was meh, but as others have mentioned, the dogs were cold, the cheese on top was also cold and not melted and the "bacon" tasted like what I imagine my dogs Beggin' Strips would taste like - definitely not as good as it could be.

Most of the time however, we just eat a big breakfast outside of the park so we only need fries and beer during the day and then go somewhere after we leave...or we bring our own food and BBQ at the campground if we stay there.

Hopefully Melt won't bomb there like Pink's has.

Edit - I should clarify this before fans of Pink's get all pissy with me...I will say that we have tried it twice and have tasted two different dogs on those occasions. While two were simply awful, the other two weren't really too bad. It just seemed like in addition to the lousy service (like they have at C&P's), the food was consistently cold both times. I know that they could do a lot better if they would simply try a little harder and actually serve hot and fresh hot dogs versus ones that tasted like they just came out of a pot of stale water that has been sitting cold on the stove for a while.

I am a fan of Pink's, but that seems fair. I've been to both the CP location and the one in Hollywood, and I will say the service at the CP version is pretty lousy comparatively. I kind of expect that at CP, though. The hot dogs are great at both locations, so maybe I've just lucked out. I agree that a cold hot dog is pretty nasty. It just has to be fresh to be any good at all. So I guess it's just a matter of when they're on their game, it's great, and otherwise not.

^ Yeah...very possible that we just hit Pink's both times at a bad time as that can happen just about anywhere. But after two different times, I am a bit reluctant to go back now. Although if I were in CA, I would definitely want to try the original Pink's because I do like the funky topping combos that they have!

To be honest, our last meal at TGIFriday's in the Breakers and our tri-tip and burnt ends at Famous Dave's weren't the greatest either...but still better than most food in the park (except the fries).

It's weird that there are such differences in the dinning plan from park to park.

For example....

At Kings Island, you can get a 2 entree and side platter with the plan. At Cedar point, you can only get the bowl. Also not quite sure why it's a $2 upgrade for the buffet if you have the all day dinning band, but $5? If you have the all season dinning plan.

The one thing I do really enjoy about the dinning plan is subway!