TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Quick question, is the entire park closed for halloweekends once the haints open, or do they have rides open as well? I tried looking on the website like I did for KI, but didn't see whether or not any rides were open.

Certain rides are closed on Friday. Closed coasters include corkscrew, mine ride, rougarou, and Gemini. As for flats, some of those close as well but I don't have a list, I'm sure it's on the CP site somewhere

Here you go.

The following rides won't be open.

Antique Cars

Camp Snoopy

Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad

Challenge Golf (LOL)

Corkscrew

Gemini

Giant Wheel

RipCord

Rougarou (Surprised to see this here)

Sky Ride (This event sucks 0/10 would not recommend)

Super Himalaya

Troika

Witches' Wheel

All rides will open on Saturday and Sunday.

Johnny rockets has gotten even worse ( if that's possible), and would not be missed by many. Horrid service, bad food quality, and nasty conditions.

The final straw for us was when they decided to switch from fresh burger, to frozen patties.

Johnny rockets has gotten even worse ( if that's possible), and would not be missed by many. Horrid service, bad food quality, and nasty conditions.

The final straw for us was when they decided to switch from fresh burger, to frozen patties.

Honestly it's still one of the best restraints in the entire park. It's not exactly hard to do that but they're burgers are still better than any of the other burger places.

Honestly it's still one of the best restraints in the entire park. It's not exactly hard to do that but they're burgers are still better than any of the other burger places.

Not any more.

Frozen, pre-formed burger patties and lousy service are not the benchmark of a good burgers joint.

They used to be one of my favorite places to eat in the park up until the past few years. And like I mentioned, the final straw was them switching to pre- formed frozen burgers.

Edited by thrillrider

Nothing is worse than the Coasters cheeseburger. There's no way Johnny Rockets could be worse than that. Of course, the fried chicken and pizza around CP is usually the safer option when compared to burgers (this is a rule of thumb I've developed when it comes to typical park food and it usually works)

Honestly it's still one of the best restraints in the entire park

I actually prefer the restraints on Millennium Force.

Nothing is worse than the Coasters cheeseburger. There's no way Johnny Rockets could be worse than that

No, but Johnny Rockets still blows. Coasters is the worst sh*t ever so it's entirely possible to be better than that and still be complete sh*t. Cedar Point's food sucks. Thank god for the Food truck festival, TGI Fridays and Famous Daves.

Honestly it's still one of the best restraints in the entire park

I actually prefer the restraints on Millennium Force.

No, but Johnny Rockets still blows. Coasters is the worst sh*t ever so it's entirely possible to be better than that and still be complete sh*t. Cedar Point's food sucks. Thank god for the Food truck festival, TGI Fridays and Famous Daves and crabf.jpg.a3390185135d3a79692b458994b42d44.jpg.

Dorneys sit down definitely has a bigger menu than CP's but any park that has Chickies crab fries is alright by me. I can't eat enough of those things - and the fries are the same any Chickies you go to.

Speaking of food - we had breakfast in the Perkins @ Breakers and that was was pretty slammin.

Dorneys sit down definitely has a bigger menu than CP's but any park that has Chickies crab fries is alright by me. I can't eat enough of those things - and the fries are the same any Chickies you go to.

Yep. I've tried Chickies at CP a few times and the food besides the crab fries has always been okay, but not anything that makes me want to go back. The crab fries and being inside a building with AC definitely make up for it though.

Whenever I visit I tend to try my luck at the buffet. It's not great, but there's something somewhere to like and it's cheaper to fill up on all I want while getting to sit down. It's also cheaper to eat in there than to get a full combo somewhere else. If all else fails on the buffet...the dessert is always good and can just fill up on pie and icecream!

I knew the Midway Market person was coming . I hate that place with a passion and never understood why people like it so much. They share a kitchen with the picnic area so it's all sh*tty picnic grove food but at an insane price. F**k Midway Market. To each his own but I never understood why anyone would eat there when Famous Daves exists.

Nothing is worse than the Coasters cheeseburger. There's no way Johnny Rockets could be worse than that.

This! The only burger that was worse that I've ever eaten came from my middle school's cafeteria. On the other hand, it was a free burger (I think it was a media day perc.) and I still ate it, I was satiated, and it didn't kill me. I'm not a picky eater and will eat anything, but, yeah.

On another subject, I renewed my platinum pass for next season and was pleasantly surprised to receive a Fastlane Plus comp for a visit sometime during the rest of the 2016 season. Had totally forgotten about that. Thanks Cedar Fair!!