TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I think the biggest question now is: how will the RMC Streak line affect Maverick's? Will it take away from Maverick's line or add it it? Everyone's saying it's a 1-2 punch. But the question is how long is the wait between 1 and 2?

Fast Lane Plus nullified your question a few years ago!

I think Maverick will be the same deal, perhaps a bit longer, but it's not like it's currently some well-kept secret in the back in the park -- it's often 45+ min as-is. Expect lines. If anything, I anticipate the Valravn popularity surge settling like Gatekeeper did after two seasons, and that the crowd will remain focused on each of the big three Intamins, + the new hotness Mean Streak.

Wow. Mean Streak and Hotness. Two things i never thought i would see in the same paragraph, let alone sentence.

(Except the fire )

Well, the way RMC does conversions, we might see a fire!

Too soon?

^ Only happened once, AFAIK. Also it was at Magic Mountain so it was for the best, really.

Agreed. Man, Twisted Colossus kicks the A$$ of every other ride there.

Not only kicks the ass of every other ride there it will also try to eject your ass and robb you of all your belongings During WCB it tried to steal my wallet and my cell phone out of my cargo pockets it couldn't get those so it ripped my WCB lanyard right off my neck on the green side high five and just my luck I had attached my car key to it had to pay $250 to have someone come out and make me a new key on the spot and yes I still love you Twisted Colossus you damn villain lol

^ Only happened once, AFAIK. Also it was at Magic Mountain so it was for the best, really.

Agreed. Man, Twisted Colossus kicks the A$$ of every other ride there.

Not only kicks the A$$ of every other ride there it will also try to eject your A$$ and robb you of all your belongings During WCB it tried to steal my wallet and my cell phone out of my cargo pockets it couldn't get those so it ripped my WCB lanyard right off my neck on the green side high five and just my luck I had attached my car key to it had to pay $250 to have someone come out and make me a new key on the spot and yes I still love you Twisted Colossus you damn villain lol

And to bring it back to the subject of this thread, one of the most exciting prospects for me is that RMC Mean Streak might not even be the best ride there. Everywhere else the RMC is leaps above the other rides, but with Cedar Point, I would expect it would fit comfortably among Millennium Force, Magnum, Maverick, and Raptor. An average coaster at CP would be the star of most other parks.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

And to bring it back to the subject of this thread, one of the most exciting prospects for me is that RMC Mean Streak might not even be the best ride there. Everywhere else the RMC is leaps above the other rides, but with Cedar Point, I would expect it would fit comfortably among Millennium Force, Magnum, Maverick, and Raptor. An average coaster at CP would be the star of most other parks.

I know these are just our opinions especially on a ride that hasn't even been announced or even constructed yet lol but judging by previous RMCs, the ones I've been on and even looking at the ones I haven't been on I think RMC Brown Streak will become the star of CP. RMC is doing amazing things and Alan is batsh*t crazy with his designs when all is said and done I thinking... even though very premature Brown Streak will be Number #1, Maverick #2 Millie #3 TTD#4 and Raptor #5 will be the Top 5 of CP!!! I just can't wait until 2018 to see for sure

They are really going to work on that structure. It really makes me curious as to when they're going to announce the name of the "New Mean Streak". It also makes me wonder when they're going to open it. We might end up seeing a mid season opening on this ride depending on how much of the original structure RMC plans on using.

^ I would not be disappointed. Their current lineup is pretty tough to beat, but I would love to ride the coaster that does it!

I agree and in my opinion this RMC will officially give CP the best coaster collection on the planet!!! I know some already feel that way about CP but this RMC will do it for me!!!

Yeah, I hate to say best on the planet, since I haven't ridden a single coaster outside the US, but Cedar Point's lineup is tremendous. I've been to several parks with a similar number of coasters (SFMM, SFGAm, KI), and I'd say CP's lineup is far deeper than any of those. My tenth favourite coaster at CP was awesome, and I really couldn't say that about any of those other parks. So I'll let those with more experience judge, but it seems to me that CP does really have one of the best coaster collections anywhere.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

Honestly, if they really want to just tear it down, they would have done what Six Flags did to Psyclone or what CF did to Son of Beast and reduce it down to nothing but a pile of splintery rubble that doesn't even halfway resemble a coaster anymore. The fact that they appear to be taking it apart piece by piece instead of full-on scrapping it indicates to me that there is more to the story than just "RIP Mean Streak"

Honestly, if they really want to just tear it down, they would have done what Six Flags did to Psyclone or what CF did to Son of Beast and reduce it down to nothing but a pile of splintery rubble that doesn't even halfway resemble a coaster anymore. The fact that they appear to be taking it apart piece by piece instead of full-on scrapping it indicates to me that there is more to the story than just "RIP Mean Streak"

OK, you win. It's being shipped to Dorney Park and is expected to open in 2018. Not as an RMC, though RMC is in charge of the relocation and re-erection effort.

To be fair, RMC does more than conversioms and custom coasters. Remember, they started as an outsource for wooden coaster maintenance, and in general, construction. Just check out their PORFOLIO.

They built El Toro and relocated Deja Vu / Aftershock, after all.

I'm sure their is some demolition under their belt somewhere.

I'm only bringing this up because. I'm surprised it wasn't given much attention while we were debating the photo's authenticity. I've been convinced since the first photo it's going to be converted.

OK, you win. It's being shipped to Dorney Park and is expected to open in 2018. Not as an RMC, though RMC is in charge of the relocation and re-erection effort.

I can confirm this. Mean Streak will be placed in Hydra's current spot, however it's too expensive to remove Hydra, so they are simply building Mean Streak to be intertwined with Hydra. That is why they are taking it off piece by piece so reconstruction is easier.

For the name, they are still deciding between Green Streak, Moldy Wood, and Hercules: The Revenge of the Revenge.