TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It's funny that CP fanboys think that's rough...

I think it is even more funny reading the CP fanboys who defend Mean Streak and think the ride is not rough. If it wasn't rough more people would have rode it and CP would not be tearing it down.

Edited by RCjunkie

I think it is even more funny reading the CP fanboys who defend Mean Streak and think the ride is not rough. If it wasn't rough more people would have rode it and CP would not be tearing it down.

I'm not a "Cedar Point Fanboy" and I can tell you that if you follow Coasterbill's "trick." Then Mean Streak isn't that rough. Sure it may be boring as hell half way through, but it's not rough. I can think of plenty of coasters that are way more rough than Mean Streak that people go bananas over. When we rode Mean Streak this past season and did the "trick" we actually enjoyed it, and ended up wanting to ride it again!! It was just to far out of the way for us to want to make the schlep over to it. Maybe Cedar Point is doing something to the ride to bring some life back to that area of the park, and to make the ride more enjoyable in more than 2 seats.

If this doesn't confirm it for you guys I don't know what will. Every single transformation had these trucks that showed up early to get started.

Now we're talking. Honestly when smartestcoasterkidever confirmed it that did it for me, but this is great to see.

I think it is even more funny reading the CP fanboys who defend Mean Streak and think the ride is not rough

I loved Mean Streak and I still understand why they're tearing it down. If a ride is only good in 2 seats on the train then that's a problem, but in those 2 seats it's smoother than Blue Streak. Everywhere else it's like being in a car accident.

If this doesn't confirm it for you guys I don't know what will. Every single transformation had these trucks that showed up early to get started.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Until Cedar Point officially announces it there will be some people looking for evidence of any pic being photoshopped

Until Cedar Point officially announces it there will be some people looking for evidence of any pic being photoshopped

Nobody is questioning anything at this point. We were just questioning it when all we had was a blurry picture from some random guy's Twitter account... as we should have been.

I guess that does confirm it then, which is very good news!

Cedar Point handling of this is poor IMO. They had to know people would be watching the park for any signals of what's happening. They weren't going to be able to keep people from "snooping". Now, the official announcement will be less buzz worthy b/c it was leaked. The only buzz now is if they show rendering of the proposed new layout.

The park has to be bummed about this.

They have been so tight lipped about the whole thing, and to have it spoiled by a simple oversight like a logo on a truck.

How? They teased it so much we all new it was going to happen. Richard Michael Crosby being very obvious for RMC. Also for the fact the trucks show up after the death of MS. If the trucks showed up before then I would agree. At this point we already knew RMC. However, we still have no idea what the track layout will be. In retrospect that will be the huge announcement. More then confirming RMC or GCI (my opinion).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I have a hard time imagining they care that someone went out of their way to take a picture of some construction machinery. It's not like there wasn't already a pretty good idea of what was going to happen to Mean Streak.

And let's be honest... A lot of the clues they've been dropping have been pretty blatant. I think if anything it's helped fuel and focus the speculation leading up to the official announcement. By doing so, they're creating one narrative for people to engage with by following the (pretty obvious) clues. This allows them to control the dialogue and messaging that happens even when they have not made an official announcement. We all know Tony is a marketing genius, and this just feeds into that fact

I don't think there will be any less interest in the announcement just because our suspicions have been confirmed. Most people(GP) who don't follow this stuff closely will find out about the plans from the announcement as they would have anyway. As others have said, I don't think the park is too worried about it as they have been dropping bread crumbs. People were analyzing FAA filings and hacking the Cedar Point app to glean information about Valravn...

What a hilarious turn of events! Tell me more about the noise and jpeg artifacts please - I love all these conspiracies!

It's hilarious how anyone on here would ever think coaster enthusiasts are smart enough/would spend enough time to try and troll everyone with this. The first picture isn't even in a defined location - Why photoshop a picture into an indistinguishable dark place and then proceed give it's exact location where people can check it's legitimacy?..

Edited by chickenbowl

RMC shows up this quick. Does this bring any more hope of seeing this done for 2017? I've generally been firmly in the 2018 camp. But Cedar Fair can crank through putting rides up. Still, this is cutting it super close. We're only 7 months out from May. But I can't see them starting now to get it done for May 2018. That's a long time from now, granted this has to be a huge undertaking.

RMC shows up this quick. Does this bring any more hope of seeing this done for 2017? I've generally been firmly in the 2018 camp. But Cedar Fair can crank through putting rides up. Still, this is cutting it super close. We're only 7 months out from May. But I can't see them starting now to get it done for May 2018. That's a long time from now, granted this has to be a huge undertaking.

I was on board with this being a 2018 project considering the lack of announcement (and Valravn opening this year), but with work starting this early I'm really starting to think it will actually be 2017! I'm always so surprised how quickly RMC works, I think we could be in for a treat!

If it were a 2017 addition they would have announced it already to boost Season Pass sales during their Halloween event. It wouldn't make any sense to tease a much less impressive Soak City announcement now to drum up sales and wait until the park is closed to announce something infinitely more interesting.

My guess is that they closed Mean Streak early because it's an expensive ride to operate and it doesn't draw gate. Next year the construction will build anticipation and in 2018 I'm sure this thing will open to ridiculous fanfare and a big attendance boost (and they'll have the hotel rooms to handle it if that does end up being the case).

Edited by coasterbill

maybe they'll challenge themselves and have extra staff. i'm always impressed with how much cedar point gets done over the winter.

If it were a 2017 addition they would have announced it already to boost Season Pass sales during their Halloween event.

Right?! It being 2017 is BULL@$:&, good BULL$&@" but BULL!!!!.

Actually, I'd guess 2017 based purely on a the early start, the lack of other RMC projects, and the fact that Cedar Point hasn't announced their in park additions yet.

If it were a 2017 addition they would have announced it already to boost Season Pass sales during their Halloween event. It wouldn't make any sense to tease a much less impressive Soak City announcement now to drum up sales and wait until the park is closed to announce something infinitely more interesting.

Plus we also have to think about how huge this project may be and the fact that winters suck. Look at Twisted Colossus. That took a long time, but they had great weather. I would say MS will be a bigger project (because of height, and how much may have to be removed). With that in mind, this (in my opinion) will be built durning next season as well. Personally I would love to see a coaster being built durning a season, bring attention to the park, and interest for the next season.

I think we will see some changes to Frontier Town next year, but the main change will happen in 2018. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk