TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Yeah, I overlayed them and it's the same crane. It's also at the exact same angle and the box I pointed out matches up perfectly with the fence post that you would need to copy and drag over if you used that image (which I think they did).

So something was Photoshopped out, and I would assume it was that post since it lined up but the crane is slightly extended. it could have been photoshopped easily but I don't know if they would have bothered to do it.

So I think it's bull***, but it's really good bull*** and it's so good that I am slightly second guessing myself.

Yeah but it's a bunch of crap. I was a graphic designer for years. You can see that they cut a solid color and stretched it to cover something here. Sorry but it's bull***.

The smudge over the URL looks way too much like the standard blur tool too.

thumb_lol_12.jpg

I thought this looked legit too until I zoomed in on the image. There is noise/jpeg artifacts all around the RMC text. You can see a clear cutout where the noise inexplicably ends indicating a cut and paste job. Its all BS, I am afraid. Sorry folks.

Edited by sdcfan88

Whatever is happening, it sure is mildly entertaining watching everyone ponder about it. The folks at Cedar Point are probably enjoying it too!

On a related note, I got my final ride in on Mean Streak last Friday night. I remember the ride in early 1991; the run from the 3rd drop to the block brake was phenomenal. But that all got botched up over the next few years: re-profiled, brakes and rough track.

Although still not the most exciting ride around, I didn't find my recent rides (last week and 3 weeks ago) to be too rough. It's funny that CP fanboys think that's rough...

Just incase anyone didn't see, a second person drove out to see the crane and posted his own pictures.

i saw another picture, from a different angle. so i'm more on the side of it being real now.

i'll tell you, if i was the one there, i'd be taking a bunch of pictures so there would be no debate. lol

Wait. You mean to tell me that when someone takes a poor resolution picture in poor light across a parking lot with a crappy camera phone zoom, that the picture is photoshopped because it comes out... PIXELATED?!

CALL THE NEWS. THIS IS BIG!!!!!

Get over youselves, guys. The picture is real. I've already driven by it several times and declined to take my own pictures as l'm not going to walk across their parking lot, as that could absolutely be considered trespassing. Plus, even though I don't work for the park anymore, I really don't want to give away some secret that may have accidentally leaked. Not like it matters though, as it would probably be deemed photoshopped as well, even though I would gain absolutely nothing by editing a picture in a program I don't even own.

Wait. You mean to tell me that when someone takes a poor resolution picture in poor light across a parking lot with a crappy camera phone zoom, that the picture is photoshopped because it comes out... PIXELATED?!

Get over youselves, guys. The picture is real. I've already driven by it several times and declined to take my own pictures as l'm not going to walk across their parking lot, as that could absolutely be considered trespassing. Plus, even though I don't work for the park anymore, I really don't want to give away some secret that may have accidentally leaked. Not like it matters though, as it would probably be deemed photoshopped as well, even though I would gain absolutely nothing by editing a picture in a program I don't even own.

LOL...Don't take it personally. I remember back on July 16th leaving Cedar point very early in the morning sitting in the parking lot was a truck with B&M parts for the coaster. My wife isn't even into coasters and she made the comment about me taking a picture. I didn't of course but posted the news here. I got killed...So, I learned my lesson. I'm working in Abu Dhabi now so when they were building the coaster at Ferrari World I posted a couple of times with bunches of pictures. This group of people is hard to please....LOLOL....In this case time will be the proof if this is true or not and unless you go out there and take all kinds of pictures morning, noon and night from all different angles you will have skeptics...

The issue isn't the pixelation, it's the noise and stretching on the left. But as I said I have virtually zero doubt that it's an RMC anyway so it doesn't really matter. The image was edited but as I said after seeing the other RMC crane image I was starting do doubt how much. It could have been an innocent reason.

Also, yeah. Don't take it personally. When the source is some random gut nobody has ever heard of on Twitter it's only natural to think it's bullsh*t. Especially when this community is flooded with bullsh*t rumors 24/7. That's why there are skeptics, because 99 times out of 100 when people post bullsh*t with no sources which happens countless times every single day it's a bunch of crap. The source is some dude nobody knows on Twitter. If you had posted it I would have believed you since you worked at the park (and are the founder of the all great Magnum trick, lol). If any well respected member posted it I would have believed it. But this was some random dude on Twitter. So I was wrong this time (I haven't seen another image but if you're saying that you saw it personally then I believe you, a former Sky Ride operator would never steer me wrong... right? right???) but assuming everything on TPR that doesn't come from a select few members or has actual sources is bullsh*t has gotten me pretty far. Lol

Just incase anyone didn't see, a second person drove out to see the crane and posted his own pictures.

i saw another picture, from a different angle. so i'm more on the side of it being real now.

i'll tell you, if i was the one there, i'd be taking a bunch of pictures so there would be no debate. lol

Where did you see this other picture?

I don't have any social media, so it is hard for me to keep up with some of the announcements and whatnot that go on.

Has there been any indication anywhere yet as to when we may hear something regarding Mean Streak?

There is a part of me that feels like maybe an official announcement won't come until next season sometime. Certainly hope this isn't the case. Either way... being patient isn't one of my strong suits lol.