TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Mean Streak line is past the Maverick entrance lollll

And that is why I am in line for Maverick instead.

I happily rode Maverick twice early on with like 5min waits. It's an excellent ride.

And I actually enjoyed the 50 min we spent inside Mean Streak waiting it out. The structure is undeniably impressive, and it was cool to take some time and really check it out up close one last time. My row 3 ride itself was, by far, not the best I've had - but still made me crack a few smiles. Glad to get a final ride during the atmosphere of the final day.

^Wow. I wonder how many people are lined up for front seat in the station, now that everyone knows Bill's trick.

There was a seven-lap wait for front when we rode. Worth the wait, would have done so if alone.

Anyway, we had a GREAT visit tonight. 25min and 10min waits for two front row Dragster night rides. Half-hour Millennium Force waits dwindled to 10min the last hour. Backrow 2nd-to-left-edge Valravn ride was A+. This is a very wisely chosen ride, and serves great purpose in combining "sustained stunning view" with "legitimate thrills". Is it too short? NO! I come back laughing and smiling and happy, so nope.

Haunt stuff we did was OK, but we lost some enthusiasm after a long wait for Cornstalkers with the ride lines so attractive. Some good scare actors.!

what are some changes people are looking forward to in Frontier Trail? (Besides a new coaster)

I would like to see some new shops added to the trail. Maybe even a couple of new restaurants and a flat ride or two.

I'm nerdy and I have no shame: I believe the Frontier Trail is the corridor from the MF tunnel to the Wave Swinger/hospital haunt, while the Frontier"town" is the Maverick/Mean Streak area heading toward Gemini -- which area did you mean? Did I miss a support announcement mentioning new stuff, or are you speculating on your own?

Other than eventual new plans for the Shoot the Rapids spot, I'd like to see almost no further changes in the back-left part of the park. Aside from some larger restrooms, I'm good. There's already a fine gift shop near Mean Streak that can be tweaked to anchor the coaster's post-op merchandise. The rustic theme and relative abundance of trees in the Frontier areas make for a great change of pace from the beach views & open plazas of pavement elsewhere. While Mean Streak will benefit greatly from surgery, a Frontier face-lift would be at an ironic risk of getting botched. Cedar Fair doesn't have a track record of doing "rustic-modern" like SDC/Dollywood, so I'd prefer it simply resists the temptation to add back there for the sake of change. Aye, many a generic plaza were born this way.

Skyhawk fits in well enough and is fun, but I don't want anything else crowding the aesthetic, creating more pavement, or chopping down trees. Same goes for the old-fashioned shops and petting zoo near Millennium Force: keep the pace slower, keep it shaded. Seeing Twisted Son of Mean Streak's 360 Revenge & Maverick be two kick-butt neighbors to one another is the only change I want to see!

what are some changes people are looking forward to in Frontier Trail? (Besides a new coaster)

I would like to see some new shops added to the trail. Maybe even a couple of new restaurants and a flat ride or two.

I'm nerdy and I have no shame: I believe the Frontier Trail is the corridor from the MF tunnel to the Wave Swinger/hospital haunt, while the Frontier"town" is the Maverick/Mean Streak area heading toward Gemini -- which area did you mean? Did I miss a support announcement mentioning new stuff, or are you speculating on your own?

Other than eventual new plans for the Shoot the Rapids spot, I'd like to see almost no further changes in the back-left part of the park. Aside from some larger restrooms, I'm good. There's already a fine gift shop near Mean Streak that can be tweaked to anchor the coaster's post-op merchandise. The rustic theme and relative abundance of trees in the Frontier areas make for a great change of pace from the beach views & open plazas of pavement elsewhere. While Mean Streak will benefit greatly from surgery, a Frontier face-lift would be at an ironic risk of getting botched. Cedar Fair doesn't have a track record of doing "rustic-modern" like SDC/Dollywood, so I'd prefer it simply resists the temptation to add back there for the sake of change. Aye, many a generic plaza were born this way.

Skyhawk fits in well enough and is fun, but I don't want anything else crowding the aesthetic, creating more pavement, or chopping down trees. Same goes for the old-fashioned shops and petting zoo near Millennium Force: keep the pace slower, keep it shaded. Seeing Twisted Son of Mean Streak's 360 Revenge & Maverick be two kick-butt neighbors to one another is the only change I want to see!

I misspoke, I did mean frontier town. My apologizes.

It need to keep that laid back feel for sure. Adding more trees would not hurt either when they are done with MS.

As for Rip Cord. (I don't believe this) I was talking to an employee, one idea they had (a while back) was to place it outside the park, near the beach area. But I feel that there is no room for that anywhere out there.

Someone once said the shoot the Rapids area, but looking at all the construction they would still need to do to move it there would (in my opinion) not be worth it.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mean Streak line is past the Maverick entrance lollll

And that is why I am in line for Maverick instead.

I happily rode Maverick twice early on with like 5min waits. It's an excellent ride.

And I actually enjoyed the 50 min we spent inside Mean Streak waiting it out. The structure is undeniably impressive, and it was cool to take some time and really check it out up close one last time. My row 3 ride itself was, by far, not the best I've had - but still made me crack a few smiles. Glad to get a final ride during the atmosphere of the final day.

^Wow. I wonder how many people are lined up for front seat in the station, now that everyone knows Bill's trick.

There was a seven-lap wait for front when we rode. Worth the wait, would have done so if alone.

Anyway, we had a GREAT visit tonight. 25min and 10min waits for two front row Dragster night rides. Half-hour Millennium Force waits dwindled to 10min the last hour. Backrow 2nd-to-left-edge Valravn ride was A+. This is a very wisely chosen ride, and serves great purpose in combining "sustained stunning view" with "legitimate thrills". Is it too short? NO! I come back laughing and smiling and happy, so nope.

Haunt stuff we did was OK, but we lost some enthusiasm after a long wait for Cornstalkers with the ride lines so attractive. Some good scare actors.!

Friday night Halloweekends are the best time to go for rides. We rarely do the haunts when we're there....we go just to enjoy the short coaster lines.

Glad you had fun...we had planned on going for my b-day (which was yesterday), but Michael is still having some health issues. Getting better, but still not out of the woods yet.

I misspoke, I did mean frontier town. My apologizes.

It need to keep that laid back feel for sure. Adding more trees would not hurt either when they are done with MS.

As for Rip Cord. (I don't believe this) I was talking to an employee, one idea they had (a while back) was to place it outside the park, near the beach area. But I feel that there is no room for that anywhere out there.

Someone once said the shoot the Rapids area, but looking at all the construction they would still need to do to move it there would (in my opinion) not be worth it.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a good fit next to Pinks. That section back there is very visible from the main midway, and the footprint of the ride fits pretty well.

For those who don't get it yet... R(ichard) M(ichael) C(rosby). = RMC. He paused to make it even clearer.

Yeah, that doesn't mean anything. I'm sure Richard Michael Crosby was his real name and the initials are just a coincidence...

Speaking of Mean Streak Closing, are you planning on a midwest tour anytime soon. Like CP, SFGam, VF, SDC, WOF, SFStl? I would love a chance to meet you in person at some point.

Wow, those come apart quick.

Csld7fAXYAElixQ.jpg:large

Are they going to relocate it to where Shoot the Rapids was? Hate me if yo want, but now CP needs a new true wooden coaster to smooth out their collection. A nice sized GCI like Renegade would fit into the park really well.

Because it won't be for next year. There is no way there is enough time to get it open by May. For anyone holding onto hope, if RMC Mean Streak was happening for 2017, the park would have wasted no time in starting construction. The fact that there is literally nothing happening at the site this weekend should be enough to convince those in denial.

Because it won't be for next year. There is no way there is enough time to get it open by May. For anyone holding onto hope, if RMC Mean Streak was happening for 2017, the park would have wasted no time in starting construction. The fact that there is literally nothing happening at the site this weekend should be enough to convince those in denial.

Such a definitive statement from someone that has no clue what is going to happen. They didn't announce anything in August because they are advertising the water park improvements. Why nerf that announcement with a new coaster announcement?

Also, why are you looking for signs of construction on a weekend? Especially on a weekend where guests are in the park. The fact that nothing happened in the first 30 seconds after the "Last Rites" just tells us that they don't want to announce anything yet. There is nothing more to it than that.

Such a definitive statement from someone that has no clue what is going to happen. They didn't announce anything in August because they are advertising the water park improvements. Why nerf that announcement with a new coaster announcement?

Also, why are you looking for signs of construction on a weekend? Especially on a weekend where guests are in the park. The fact that nothing happened in the first 30 seconds after the "Last Rites" just tells us that they don't want to announce anything yet. There is nothing more to it than that.

Av bet? Sig bet? Both?