TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

We made the mistake of staying at the super 8 near kings island. This was the worst hotel that we EVER stayed at. Everything from the bed bugs, rude employees, and blood stained floor, dead roaches, door lock that did not function, questionable clientele, hair on the pillows, and constant running toilet.

Don't even get me started on the @$$hole front desk clerk. For an extra $20- $30 a night, you can get a much nicer/safer hotel.

This. Some of the things that have been seen there cannot be unseen.

I emailed the park asking about this a few days ago and got this reply:
I believe they may mention something on the 16th of September what is going to take place of the Mean Streak.

I feel like the news stations, this website, and the Cedar Point themed websites would have received something prepping them for an announcement, if it were happening on the 16th. At least, that's what happened with Valravn.

Maybe they'll announce an announcement date at the Last Rites Ceremony. It's really anyone's guess at this point but mine is if they don't announce RMC Streak this friday, maybe they'll announce when they're going to announce it! Wouldn't be the first time they left us with a cliffhanger. In all seriousness though that's what makes it fun

I'll be curious to see how the Breakers Express rates change after the renovation. We stayed there 4 nights and between 2 people it was around 260, which included the tickets and funpix. Pretty schweeet deal to me, and no extra charge for being walking distance to the Pony. No brainer for me.

Breakers Express has been my go-to hotel when visiting CP. Always affordable, averaging $150-175 a night which isn't too bad considering you get early entry with only a 5 minute drive to the park. With a price tag of $400+ for the same benefits with just with a 2 minute walk, Hotel Breakers has become too expensive. With a three night stay for two at Breakers (or other on-site properties) with the ticket combo, you'll easily dish out over $1k. And at those prices, my destination veers from Amusement Parks to sunny beachfront in Key West. Just my 2 cents.

We just stayed at the Motel 6 on Rye Beach Rd, and the accommodations were great for the price. For about 83 bucks a night we got a room with a center island that had a fridge , microwave , and small sink. We had a one bed so the other half of the room had a couch. The hotel had a indoor pool and hot tub. It was about a 5 minute drive from the park and they were pet friendly with no extra charge which helped us out a lot. Couldn't recomended enough.

I didn't realize the Motel 6 was pet friendly, I swear I did a search a month ago for pet friendly hotels in the area and didn't come up with much and what I found was going to charge me an arm and a leg. Were you the one who asked about CP's dog kennels a couple months ago? If so, what were they like?

Yes I am, just had to wait for a free moment to post some pictures.They were satisfactory, not exactly the greatest but it was good for our boy. It is definitely a kennel, they have 4-5 larger runs in the back that are on concrete, and they have smaller crates. They do not walk your pet but provide water and food. The two employees that were there were great. They do seem to pay attention to the dogs, when we picked him up he mentioned the one dog was nervous and by pawing at the door had a cut on his paw. The employee stated that he called the owners to let them know, so it was good to know that if something did happen they would get ahold of the owner. If your dog is crate trained then I think they would do well. Our puppy was crying like crazy the first time we left him, by the second day he was pulling us to go back in! He could see other dogs so I think that helped calm him down since he likes being around other dogs. Overall I thought that doggywood at Dollywood was a bit nicer but pet check was a great option at the park, since otherwise I'm not sure we would have been able to go at all. Also yes all motel 6 are pet friendly. Here's a few pictures.

image.thumb.jpeg.f00b434c815381182c22c6c951fd4f1c.jpeg

No my wife didn't stay in there with him :) these are the runs on the back.

image.thumb.jpeg.363fc3373ed8261d67ab74f082bc19cd.jpeg

Smaller crates

image.thumb.jpeg.08699c20e7334e9e9c144a9668e91790.jpeg

We just stayed at the Motel 6 on Rye Beach Rd, and the accommodations were great for the price. For about 83 bucks a night we got a room with a center island that had a fridge , microwave , and small sink. We had a one bed so the other half of the room had a couch. The hotel had a indoor pool and hot tub. It was about a 5 minute drive from the park and they were pet friendly with no extra charge which helped us out a lot. Couldn't recomended enough.

Well, I know where I'll be staying next time I get to Sandusky! Thank you for this info! This just made a potential trip to the Point a lot more feasible!

Yea there's two in the area so make sure it's the Rye Beach one because I can't say how the other one is. Motel 6's quality seems to vary greatly from place to place. We stayed in one in Pigeon Forge , we had one of the worst experiences ever and checked out 2 hours after checking in.The one near CP wasn't the ritz but it definitely was better than some of the hole in the wall places near CP we have stayed at before. It was clean and close. The only complaint I had was the pillows sucked, so bring your own pillows

I can't say how the other one is.

I can. It's mediocre. I'd stay there again, it actually has interior hallways (that's when I know I'm at a fancy joint) and the rooms are okay. I have no complaints but it's really a no frills place. I've stayed at worse Motel 6's but I've stayed at better ones too.

It's always cool when you find a cheap ass hotel brand with a location that's way nicer than the rest of them. I need to try this Rye Beach location. By the sounds of it it reminds me of our secret ridiculously nice Super 8 near Knoebels with brand new rooms, bed runners (ooh ahhh) and huge all granite bathrooms. Every time I go there I ask them why the hell they're still a Super 8 and they always say that just about everyone asks them the same question.

Well, I know where I'll be staying next time I get to Sandusky! Thank you for this info! This just made a potential trip to the Point a lot more feasible!

I quickly glanced at this post directly below the post for the Pet Check and had to do a double take before realizing you were quoting a different post!

Devins3 thank you so much for the pictures and details of CP's Pet Check! I really appreciate it!! My currently shepherd is extremely friendly and loves other dogs, however has not been in a kennel setup quite like that before. Do they require anything special to have your dog stay there such as proof of vaccinations or spay/neuter? How much did it cost per day for your dog to stay there and were the hours the same as the park?

I quickly glanced at this post directly below the post for the Pet Check and had to do a double take before realizing you were quoting a different post!

What's wrong with trying to save a little money?

Devins3 thank you so much for the pictures and details of CP's Pet Check! I really appreciate it!! My currently shepherd is extremely friendly and loves other dogs, however has not been in a kennel setup quite like that before. Do they require anything special to have your dog stay there such as proof of vaccinations or spay/neuter? How much did it cost per day for your dog to stay there and were the hours the same as the park?

No problem. They did not require any proof of vaccines, There was just a question on the sheet asking if they have been vaccinated or not. Due to this I was happy he had the kennel cough vaccine, never know what's going to be there.

It was 15 dollars per day. They open an hour before the park opens, and you have until an hour after the park closes to pick them up. Gave us enough time to ride MF a few times at the end of the day and still have enough time. The pet check is pretty close to the marina entrance so we used that to go in and out of the park.

Overall I was pretty happy with the experience. It's just one of those things you can't quite tell how your dog is going to be until you do it. Like I said it was terrible the first day hearing him crying as we were leaving. He did get used to it though and it made the second day a lot less stressful for us, the second day we left one of my hoodies that I had been wearing in the kennel with him, not sure if it helped or he was just more used to the surroundings.

It sure did beat trying to find overnight boarding at home and being nervous the whole time we were away, and if anything happened we would have to drive all the way home.

I have been played for a fool then.

If they were to announce something any time in the recent future, when would that likely be?

We have no idea. Cedar Point likes to announce things on random weekdays on Youtube, but they usually give you an announcement of the announcement. And to answer your next question, no... I don't have any idea of when the likely announcement of the announcement would be either.

Nobody said anything about them announcing anything today. Enthusiasts just think that because they're impatient and have now repeated it so much that it's being treated as fact.

Because it was stated that future plans would be "announced after Mean Streak closes on September 16." Enough people were creative enough to attach the date to "announcement" instead of "closing" and put us in this cycle of misinformation.