TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I'll be curious to see how the Breakers Express rates change after the renovation. We stayed there 4 nights and between 2 people it was around 260, which included the tickets and funpix. Pretty schweeet deal to me, and no extra charge for being walking distance to the Pony. No brainer for me.

I'll be curious to see how the Breakers Express rates change after the renovation. We stayed there 4 nights and between 2 people it was around 260, which included the tickets and funpix. Pretty schweeet deal to me, and no extra charge for being walking distance to the Pony. No brainer for me.

I was thinking the same thing.

Funny thing is. Some days Breakers Express rates were not much cheaper than hotel breakers.

There's plenty of budget friendly motels in the area. Breakers being revamped and turned into something closer to what it was originally intended to be a century ago - first word in luxury beachfront property on the Great Lakes - means sometimes it'll cost a lot. We got "spoiled" by the place being a dump for most of our lives. Instead, just realize it is supposed to be more like the Inn At Bay Harbor than a Best Western now and is priced appropriately based on dynamics. If you're the kind of person who only stays in $50/night rooms, it just isn't gonna be an option for you any more.

This_gif.gif.83d27a70ca8b82a6251d0f71f1e672bf.gif

We just stayed at the Motel 6 on Rye Beach Rd, and the accommodations were great for the price. For about 83 bucks a night we got a room with a center island that had a fridge , microwave , and small sink. We had a one bed so the other half of the room had a couch. The hotel had a indoor pool and hot tub. It was about a 5 minute drive from the park and they were pet friendly with no extra charge which helped us out a lot. Couldn't recomended enough.

I didn't realize the Motel 6 was pet friendly, I swear I did a search a month ago for pet friendly hotels in the area and didn't come up with much and what I found was going to charge me an arm and a leg. Were you the one who asked about CP's dog kennels a couple months ago? If so, what were they like?

For us, we get to CP once a year if we're lucky. It's a little getaway and since it's usually very hot out having a hotel right on the island to walk to for even 30 minutes a couple times a day to rest, change shoes, have a snack, put on more sunscreen, is a huge bonus. Not sure if it's a $400 bonus at those prices posted, however!!

the kind of person who only stays in $50/night rooms

giphy.gif

You rang?

I didn't realize the Motel 6 was pet friendly

Every Motel 6 is pet friendly. If you're going the cheap route I actually don't mind pet friendly hotels. I'd much rather stay in a hotel that's cheap because it's full of people with pets than a hotel that's cheap because it's full of teenagers who play ultimate frisbee in the parking lot until 4AM (looking at you piece of sh*t Super 8 near Kings Island). I like dogs, I don't like people. It's an easy decision for me.

And I know Prozach and others will tell me that I shouldn't stay in cheap hotels and that ignorance is bliss and they're totally, 100% right I'm sure but I'll enjoy my blissful ignorance for now. I used to pick hotels by going to Kayak and selecting the cheapest one at a chain I've actually heard of. Now I usually pick one a little more expensive than the cheapest one assuming that the cheapest one is a sh*t hole. I'm moving up in the world, just very slowly.

Me and my wife usually get the 50 dollar hotel rooms. We are signed up with choice hotels and earn points and rewards. We haven't had a bad experience yet with a cheap choice hotel room. But when it comes to CP we usually stay at breakers express. By booking less expensive hotel rooms, we can get fast passes at new parks and visit more parks in a year!

giphy.gif

You rang?

that's cheap because it's full of teenagers who play ultimate frisbee in the parking lot until 4AM (looking at you piece of sh*t Super 8 near Kings Island).

That's not even the worst thing going on at that place

People online are claiming that the announcement for Mean Streak is coming on the 18th.. I understand that Tony said that an announcement will be made sometime after closure, but are we sure that it will happen RIGHT after? Did I miss something or are people just being impatient (like normal fanboy behavior ) ?

giphy.gif

You rang?

Every Motel 6 is pet friendly. If you're going the cheap route I actually don't mind pet friendly hotels. I'd much rather stay in a hotel that's cheap because it's full of people with pets than a hotel that's cheap because it's full of teenagers who play ultimate frisbee in the parking lot until 4AM (looking at you piece of sh*t Super 8 near Kings Island). I like dogs, I don't like people. :

You rang?

I'm 26 though, I can see how you'd be confused, I look twelve and was throwing a frisbee around...

At this point with no RMC coasters for 2017 announced yet, and since we knew by this time last year of all 4, it's pretty much guaranteed that Mean Streak RMC will open in 2017. Twisted Colossus was a huge amount of work but completed in under 8 months, and Mean Streak will be more or less the same workload but with the colder climate it may delay opening until June.

I'm late to the discussion, but I was under the assumption that if Mean Streak is to be converted by RMC, it would be happening in 2018?

Nobody knows what's going on with Mean Streak and anyone that claims they do is lying. All we know is that it's closing on Friday.

I'm late to the discussion, but I was under the assumption that if Mean Streak is to be converted by RMC, it would be happening in 2018?

Nobody knows what's going on with Mean Streak and anyone that claims they do is lying. All we know is that it's closing on Friday.

Well obviously SOMEBODY knows... They just won't say anything in favor of retaining their employment with The Company.

Well obviously SOMEBODY knows... They just won't say anything in favor of retaining their employment with The Company.

Well obviously, but those who talk don't know and those who know don't talk so I didn't think it needed clarification.

And I know Prozach and others will tell me that I shouldn't stay in cheap hotels and that ignorance is bliss and they're totally, 100% right I'm sure but I'll enjoy my blissful ignorance for now. I used to pick hotels by going to Kayak and selecting the cheapest one at a chain I've actually heard of. Now I usually pick one a little more expensive than the cheapest one assuming that the cheapest one is a sh*t hole. I'm moving up in the world, just very slowly.

Better keep some of this at home just in case, William:

http://bedbugs.mycleaningproducts.com/bedbugbully-order?gclid=CMb-tZ76j88CFdgvgQod2UMEEQ

We made the mistake of staying at the super 8 near kings island. This was the worst hotel that we EVER stayed at. Everything from the bed bugs, rude employees, and blood stained floor, dead roaches, door lock that did not function, questionable clientele, hair on the pillows, and constant running toilet.

Don't even get me started on the @$$hole front desk clerk. For an extra $20- $30 a night, you can get a much nicer/safer hotel.