TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That's the(season pass discounted) rate for 2 nights without tickets or anything else.

They're all suites rather than standard rooms. I dunno, I'm not that shocked by it?

Just looked up my records, and sure enough we paid $250 a night for the same suite. It's over $100 more this year.

Yea, I get that.

It just kinda surprised me when I looked into the rates as we stayed at the same time last year for $100 less.

It just about to the point for us where it's hard to justify the high cost of staying on property here. Ended up booking a suite at a top branded hotel 5 minutes from the park for $135 a night this time around. The staying on property aspect is not worth an extra $400 to us. It's a shame too, because we enjoyed the hotel.

As far as I'm concerned unless it's a once in a lifetime trip or if you're in a position where you can easily swing it, there's no reason to stay at Breakers as long as you have Platinum Passes and can get Early Entry.

And that's pretty much where we now stand as well.

As far as I'm concerned unless it's a once in a lifetime trip or if you're in a position where you can easily swing it, there's no reason to stay at Breakers as long as you have Platinum Passes and can get Early Entry.

I'd also stay there if I was planning a long weekend around being at the Point where I wasn't just hitting rides. To some degree, I miss the Bon Aire rooms because as mediocre as they were, they were cheap, had flat screens, and were right by the Magnum entrance. I just plan differently now (and honestly, I spend less).

We went and met my in-laws in early May. We stayed at Breakers and I'm really glad that we did. We got to hang out in the room that night overlooking the park and tell them about the rides. It must have been the time of year, because we didn't pay THAT much for the room. Quite a bit more than I'm used to paying for a hotel, but for the experience, I'm glad I did it. Having said that, would I do it again? Yes. Would I do it at the prices y'all are quoting? No.

That's insane. Breakers is a nice hotel, and the renovations they have done over the years are beautiful. But I cannot see too many families staying there anymore if those are going to be the prices going forwards.

Me personally, I would much rather go for the Platinum Pass and stay at Kalahari instead. Between the nice room, arcade, and water park, I find that I was most satisfied staying there this past May. This is coming from a person who has stayed at many of the hotels in the area over the years of visiting the park.

And that's pretty much where we now stand as well.

Agree on both of the opinions here. I've flown up 3 times this year and granted...I'm a college kid; so I've stayed at cheapy hotels like the Econolodge or Rodeway Inn simply because it's a bed. I've always been a money tightwad, so I'd probably still do that even if my wallet was more full.

They've already out-priced us with the cabins and full hook-up sites at Camper Village (errr...Lighthouse Point) where the water and electric sites used to be.

The next time we head out there in the RV, we'll be doing the KOA or Camp Sandusky. We have the PP's so no issues with driving over & parking free.

I'd rather use the money that we would have spent at Lighthouse Point or Breakers and buy FL+ passes. I know it sounds dumb as that money would go to CF anyway...but it would still be a pretty big cost savings for us to not stay onsite and then buy FL+ (if needed).

I paid 550 for two nights back in may. It's a hotel, what do you expect?

From the sounds of it, you got it at a good price (Probably because you went in May). It's a resort hotel, so yeah, you should expect it to be expensive.

What we did when we went to the point (And plan to when we return), we got Platinum Passes and stayed at Comfort Inn River's Edge. It's in Huron (Meaning about a 20 minute drive to the park), but it's a pretty nice hotel for the price, and being on site isn't a huge deal to me.

If the cost of the on site hotels (and even the ones in Sandusky got pretty expensive, if I recall currently) are making a trip to CP difficult, and you don't want to stay in a sketchy motel, I would strongly recommend that Comfort Inn.

Just my $.02

From the sounds of it, you got it at a good price (Probably because you went in May). It's a resort hotel, so yeah, you should expect it to be expensive.

What we did when we went to the point (And plan to when we return), we got Platinum Passes and stayed at Comfort Inn River's Edge. It's in Huron (Meaning about a 20 minute drive to the park), but it's a pretty nice hotel for the price, and being on site isn't a huge deal to me.

If the cost of the on site hotels (and even the ones in Sandusky got pretty expensive, if I recall currently) are making a trip to CP difficult, and you don't want to stay in a sketchy motel, I would strongly recommend that Comfort Inn.

Just my $.02

last time i went in 2014 i stayed in Vermilion at the holiday inn. i think, at the time, the comfort inn was much more expensive, so i went out even further. lol

Just my $.02

last time i went in 2014 i stayed in Vermilion at the holiday inn. i think, at the time, the comfort inn was much more expensive, so i went out even further. lol

Well, I think that it was about $100 a night this June, give or take about $15.

We just stayed at the Motel 6 on Rye Beach Rd, and the accommodations were great for the price. For about 83 bucks a night we got a room with a center island that had a fridge , microwave , and small sink. We had a one bed so the other half of the room had a couch. The hotel had a indoor pool and hot tub. It was about a 5 minute drive from the park and they were pet friendly with no extra charge which helped us out a lot. Couldn't recomended enough.

Yea, you got a deal.

Just because it's a "hotel", it does not justify it being crazy expensive. And with those prices, it just doesn't make much sense to pay over $200 more a night just for the convenience of it being in the park. I'll keep my $400 savings, and drive the 10 min down the road.

To put it in perspective, with the money I saved by not staying there I can buy my platinum pass for next year, fast lane, meals, and have a few bucks left to play some games or buy a tee shirt.

Yea, you got a deal.

Just because it's a "hotel", it does not justify it being crazy expensive. And with those prices, it just doesn't make much sense to pay over $200 more a night just for the convenience of it being in the park. I'll keep my $400 savings, and drive the 10 min down the road.

To put it in perspective, with the money I saved by not staying there I can buy my platinum pass for next year, fast lane, meals, and have a few bucks left to play some games or buy a tee shirt.

Pricing on hotel rooms is very dynamic. Sure you didn't purchase at the listed price, but someone else probably did. When you see a spike like that, it's not someone throwing a dart at a board randomly.

I'm in the same boat. I haven't stayed at Breakers in 30 years, and at the rates they're charging now, rather doubt that's going to change any time soon.

What do I expect from a hotel? Well, I can tell you that I get pretty much everything I "expect" from a hotel stay, when I stay in a $50 - $60 hotel. So, no, I don't think charging $500 more than that just because you can, is really defensible from the "What do you expect?" perspective. "It's a resort hotel", provides a little more justification, but for going to Cedar Point, that's just never going to cut it with me... Maybe if Cedar Point was in the Bahamas, but otherwise...

What do I expect from a hotel? Well, I can tell you that I get pretty much everything I "expect" from a hotel stay, when I stay in a $50 - $60 hotel. So, no, I don't think charging $500 more than that just because you can, is really defensible from the "What do you expect?" perspective. "It's a resort hotel", provides a little more justification, but for going to Cedar Point, that's just never going to cut it with me... Maybe if Cedar Point was in the Bahamas, but otherwise...

Preach, brotha.

There's plenty of budget friendly motels in the area. Breakers being revamped and turned into something closer to what it was originally intended to be a century ago - first word in luxury beachfront property on the Great Lakes - means sometimes it'll cost a lot. We got "spoiled" by the place being a dump for most of our lives. Instead, just realize it is supposed to be more like the Inn At Bay Harbor than a Best Western now and is priced appropriately based on dynamics. If you're the kind of person who only stays in $50/night rooms, it just isn't gonna be an option for you any more. It certainly isn't somewhere I go as much either now because I can't justify it either when the Country Inn and Suites or Motel 6 Sandusky Huron are so cheap.