TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Somehow I think their massive hardon for B&M hypers grew even more this year. I won't argue with Fury, it's spectacular. But the fact that rides like Intimidator at Carowinds and Nitro are blowing rides like Maverick, I305 or any of the Iron Horse coasters away in such ridiculous fashion is insane. These awards are something else.

That being said I was impressed with the production value of the stream. Sure it was only PowerPoint quality but that's better than I expected.

I just checked the website. I didn't realize the event was today. It says the results will be up at 11 pm. Assuming Eastern time?

Yep, Eastern time

Like last year, I plan on making a thread for the Golden Ticket Awards once the list is published.

You'd better buckle up for this one.

I just checked the website. I didn't realize the event was today. It says the results will be up at 11 pm. Assuming Eastern time?

Yep, Eastern time

Like last year, I plan on making a thread for the Golden Ticket Awards once the list is published.

You'd better buckle up for this one.

Oh, I'm excited. The live stream wasn't working for me, so I have pretty much no idea what to expect, but knowing these particular awards, it'll be interesting (And confusing) to see what gets chosen.

It's never nice to report on a ride accident, Especially a fatal one. It seems last month the old Schwarzkopf Jumbo Jet from Cedar Point was involved in a fatal accident at its current location at Chelyuskintsev Park in Belarus.

From the article linked below (In Russian) it sounds like the 57 year old ride operator entered the ride zone to retrieve headphones dropped on a previous cycle and was struck by a passing train.

While a ride related death is always a tragedy and my heart goes out to the family you have to feel if anyone knows better than to entered the ride area while the ride was running it should be the operator.

Chev1.jpeg.7a717189b125eeb86bc2f1ac0b8f0113.jpeg

Chev2.jpeg.e6413257a2c8feda7de3f458943f87ac.jpeg

Checkout the article for more pictures.

https://people.onliner.by/2016/08/22/park-5

Hi guys, im planning a trip to the point for a sunday in october with a couple KI associates i work with. Would it be better to go on a Sunday near the beginning or end of October. Thanks for the feedback!

I suggest the beginning of October. The weather is always a wild card, but there is a better chance of warmer temperatures. Also, I noticed from spending two HalloWeekends stints of employment that Sundays seemed to progressively get busier as the weekends progressed. But try to avoid Columbus Day Weekend Sunday, which isn't horrible, but busier than the average HalloWeekend Sunday.

I'm sorry if I'm exaggerating a tad with my reaction, but WHY THE HELL did they allow that guy in grey to ride with that camera around his neck?

It's one thing to have it around your neck and under your arm like the lady next to him, but just having it around the neck seems extremely irresponsible on part of the ride operators, not just for the riders, but for any spectators or innocent bystanders on the ground.

I'm sorry if I'm exaggerating a tad with my reaction, but WHY THE HELL did they allow that guy in grey to ride with that camera around his neck?

It's one thing to have it around your neck and under your arm like the lady next to him, but just having it around the neck seems extremely irresponsible on part of the ride operators, not just for the riders, but for any spectators or innocent bystanders on the ground.

Completely agree. Considering the forces you encounter with on the coaster, it could snap and fly off easily....