TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

while my wife raved about the hibachi truck.

That hibachi truck was ridiculous. I hope they do the Food truck Festival on Labor Day weekend every year from now on. I loved the placement on the Main Midway and I loved all the awesome food selections. We didn't eat any of Cedar Point's food all weekend unless you count Famous Daves thanks to those food trucks.

And yeah I hate that we missed you guys. We always seemed to be on opposite sides of the park.

I agree with those food trucks. I had the BBQ one and the Gourmet Grilled Cheese one and they were both delicious! The truck festival was very popular, most of the trucks ran out of of food to sell before the weekend was over. I also hope that means we get them again next year.

^^^ Glad that you all had a great time. I agree that the main point some enthusiasts miss out on is all of the fun that you have with your family and friends. It's always cool to bring little ones that have never been to that big of a park and even more fun when you bring adults that have never been there before!

By the way, where are the food truck food photos...somebody must have taken some? C'mon folks, don't tease us foodies like this!!!

Any chance that they will have the trucks there on Halloweekends, or was this just a Labor Day weekend thing? If so, I'm making my reservations at the campground for next Labor Day weekend now!

^ Edit - my fail...looks like Labor Day weekend only.

Edited by Philrad71

maybe its a time for them to meet a girl and see some boobs "for the first time" and that life is more then Coasters.

Can't you do both of these at the same time?

Heck yes you can! Look at my profile picture. This was my first ever trip to CP in 2014 and she was my girlfriend at the time, once she did this with me...I married her in June this year I might be a little biased in saying that it was a requirement at the time of whoever I dated to put up with my hobby.

I agree that the main point some enthusiasts miss out on is all of the fun that you have with your family and friends. It's always cool to bring little ones that have never been to that big of a park and even more fun when you bring adults that have never been there before!

THIS, 100%

I love going to CP, period, but after going so many times, what differentiates each visit, and makes it special, are the people I spend the time with. I had a blast with my co-workers earlier this year, especially since some of them haven't been in a while. Similarly, when I went with my Bro-in-law and a couple of his cousins, it was awesome, as a couple of them hadn't been in a while, and we walked up on everything all day on top of that! However, no visit tops the one I just completed, where I took my daughter to ride the big coasters for the first time, and just experience the park to its fullest! That was one of the best visits I EVER have had, just because of her, and experiencing the park with her! Heck, if I ever write that TR, you'll see it was a very "un-enthusiast" trip, even though we rode 11 different coasters, and multiple rides on MF and Maverick. The time spent with her at the Petting Zoo, in the Town Hall Museum, letting her drive on the Antique Cars, as well as flats like Wave Swinger, Cedar Downs, Dodgems, and Troika, was what really made it such an awesome visit!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good "enthusiast" event, with ERT, and all the other perks. I also enjoy hanging out with fellow enthusiasts, who are chill, and not obnoxious about it. Still, at the end of the day, enjoying a park with family, is a pleasure that I still have yet to find matched in any other scenario!

maybe its a time for them to meet a girl and see some boobs "for the first time" and that life is more then Coasters.

Heck yes you can! Look at my profile picture. This was my first ever trip to CP in 2014 and she was my girlfriend at the time, once she did this with me...I married her in June this year I might be a little biased in saying that it was a requirement at the time of whoever I dated to put up with my hobby.

Right there with you, when I met my now wife, she thought I was joking when I said she has to ride coasters and enjoy amusement parks, after 7 years of marriage she still brings it up and how she thought I was completely crazy at the time.

Right there with you, when I met my now wife, she thought I was joking when I said she has to ride coasters and enjoy amusement parks, after 7 years of marriage she still brings it up and how she thought I was completely crazy at the time.

I was the same before I married my wife, Now she even plans some of our theme park trips!

I agree DILinator!

2014 and 2015 it was just me and my now wife going to CP and enjoying the heck out of it. This year though I've brought along 3 folks on different trips who had never been and it was always a "bucket list" item for them. I have tons of fun hyping up the drive to the Peninsula the first time and how Rob describes it as "It's like driving to an island inhabited by roller coasters". Even though the CP Police don't like it much, my flights often arrive after midnight. It's become a thing that we drive to the park (we usually arrive in Sandusky around 2 am) and stare at the park for a few min before going to our hotel..or until CP Police come along and say hello (they usually smile and are cool about it but tell us to move along ). The folks who'd never been this year just seemed to melt in excitement when they finally see the park with their own eyes for the first time.

Asking because it's not specifically mentioned on the Platinum Pass Benefits page....

Halloweekends is part of park admission and we'll get in with Platinum passes? It's not a completely separately ticketed event like Knott's? Is there 5pm early entry for the Friday nights that open at 6? Thanks.

Yes to both questions. Have fun!

Note that Fridays do have limited ride availability. The following rides won't be open.

Antique Cars

Camp Snoopy

Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad

Challenge Golf (LOL)

Corkscrew

Gemini

Giant Wheel

RipCord

Rougarou (Surprised to see this here)

Sky Ride (This event sucks 0/10 would not recommend)

Super Himalaya

Troika

Witches' Wheel

All rides will open on Saturday and Sunday.

Wow I'm pretty surprised Rougarou will be closed. It really won't manage manyour full trains though so I guess I can see their point. Kinda bums me out though because I always love a ride or two on Rougarou every visit.

I'm thinking about planning a trip with my friends to CP on October 1st. (Drive down for day then leave at park close) Are the park crowds going to be bad? Should I go a different day?

I would try to go a different day or get fastlane. Saturdays are nuts.

In recent years, Mantis did not open for Friday evenings until it's closure was announced and it was open for a couple Friday evenings. While Rougarou is a much better ride, and probably has somewhat better ridership than Mantis did, I believe there are other attractions worth opening instead. Besides lower than normal attendance, I'm sure staffing is a major reason why so many attractions are closed on Friday nights.

Asking because it's not specifically mentioned on the Platinum Pass Benefits page....

Halloweekends is part of park admission and we'll get in with Platinum passes? It's not a completely separately ticketed event like Knott's? Is there 5pm early entry for the Friday nights that open at 6? Thanks.

Yes to both questions. Have fun!

Note that Fridays do have limited ride availability. The following rides won't be open.

Antique Cars

Camp Snoopy

Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Cedar Point & Lake Erie Railroad

Challenge Golf (LOL)

Corkscrew

Gemini

Giant Wheel

RipCord

Rougarou (Surprised to see this here)

Sky Ride (This event sucks 0/10 would not recommend)

Super Himalaya

Troika

Witches' Wheel

All rides will open on Saturday and Sunday.

Oh, that's interesting. I never knew about the limited ride availability on Fridays.

The tradeoff though is that ride lines are amazingly short. It's a great time to power ride Maverick, Millennium Force and Dragster. I'm sure it's just difficult to get staffing on those days.

Personally though I don't really understand this and never have. Why would Kiddy Kingdom and Planet Snoopy be open? It's a night-time only scary haunt event. I would think they would want to send that staff to Corkscrew, Gemeni, Rougarou, Sky Ride and Witches Wheel. I'm not questioning it but I'm curious to know the reason behind staffing the kids areas for an event that's not kid friendly while not being able to staff a major thrill ride like Rouragou.

The tradeoff though is that ride lines are amazingly short. It's a great time to power ride Maverick, Millennium Force and Dragster. I'm sure it's just difficult to get staffing on those days.

Personally though I don't really understand this and never have. Why would Kiddy Kingdom and Planet Snoopy be open? It's a night-time only scary haunt event. I would think they would want to send that staff to Corkscrew, Gemeni, Rougarou, Sky Ride and Witches Wheel. I'm not questioning it but I'm curious to know the reason behind staffing the kids areas for an event that's not kid friendly while not being able to staff a major thrill ride like Rouragou.

I didn't even notice that those area's were open during Haunt. I know KI closes there's down during the event, maybe that's because they have a scarezone going right through it. But regardless, I don't see many kids there during that event that keeping the kids area's open would see a lot of traffic on the rides. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

It's because a majority of parents are dumb therefore they bring their 3 year olds to a haunt event. When there are no rides open for the little ones, the parents complain and complain, and finally the park decides it's better to close some mid-tier rides than it is to have bitchy parents at guest services.

I didn't even notice that those area's were open during Haunt. I know KI closes there's down during the event, maybe that's because they have a scarezone going right through it. But regardless, I don't see many kids there during that event that keeping the kids area's open would see a lot of traffic on the rides. Maybe I'm wrong in that.

Kings Island also differentiates between the daytime event and the evening event. I think the real difference is due to the resorts, where CP offers Friday tickets to resort guests that buy tickets for Saturday or Sunday. If those guests have children, they are less likely to spend time (and money) in the park with no areas for the kids.

It's because a majority of parents are dumb therefore they bring their 3 year olds to a haunt event. When there are no rides open for the little ones, the parents complain and complain, and finally the park decides it's better to close some mid-tier rides than it is to have bitchy parents at guest services.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are 100% correct. I don't know how many times I have seen parents hauling their kids down the Frontier Trail where there is very little lighting and fright actors are jumping out at you everywhere.

Last year, we got a couple of beers at the Frontier Trail Inn and just sat out front and marveled at how many parents were pulling on their weeping children to keep moving down the trail. I almost sh%t myself when one parent even told their kid to "stop acting like a b%tch". Amazing.