TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So has anyone else heard the "news"/teasing that Melt Bar & Grilled is putting a location in or near Cedar Point? I for one am UTTERLY STOKED. Cheese 4 dayz

Yes, Melt Bar & Grilled is my favorite restaurant ever. The food is so delicious. Their menu is out of this world. Here's a couple of my favorites.

The Dude Abides:

Homemade meatballs, fried mozzarella wedges, basil marinara, roasted garlic, provolone & romano

Full menu can be found here. http://meltbarandgrilled.com/menu/melt-menu/

The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon:

This is a 10 ounce sandwich with hickory smoked bacon, black pepper-crusted slab bacon, Maple bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Canadian Bacon, Herb cream cheese with bacon bits, in-house made mayonnaise infused with bacon, sharp cheddar, fresh romaine lettuce and sliced tomato!

If Melt came to Cedar Point I would be beyond stoked!

This!

Just this.

This is a 10 ounce sandwich with hickory smoked bacon, black pepper-crusted slab bacon, Maple bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Canadian Bacon, Herb cream cheese with bacon bits, in-house made mayonnaise infused with bacon, sharp cheddar, fresh romaine lettuce and sliced tomato!

Excuse me while I clean up after myself...

^ LOL...God, you must be devastated. Bill!!

Good news is that the wind usually tends to calm down later in the afternoon, so hopefully it will.

As far as Melt, the bread is quite thick and when combined with the waffle on the chicken and waffles, I just discarded the bread and used the waffle as the bread. Despite that though, it was still delicious...although I would probably try the Kevin Bacon (if they had it) or the mac and cheese one next time.

I was thinking that if they put it in the park that they should either just serve half sandwiches or people will need to know to order one for two people. Otherwise there are going to be lots of wasted food or food containers being stowed in the boxes while people are on the rides, because most people aren't going to finish one!

And to the other Bill not named coasterbill, we stopped at the one in Mentor, Ohio. Mentor is northeast of Cleveland right off of Interstate 90. It would be a bit of a drive from CP, unless you planned on hitting up Waldameer or something? Otherwise the Lakewood one would be your best bet - as the other poster mentioned.

^^It got progressively more windy yesterday as well. It started off pretty windy, and by the end of the day, it got worse, so very little, especially up towards the front of the park, was running. Hopefully you aren't finding many closed coasters today at least. And I'm sure the Red Garter is still open, so getting a drink will be fine! (Though, I actually prefer the place on Frontier Trail, with all the craft beers and the moonshine, myself!)

Lol no no coasters are closed for wind. Gatekeeper has been closed all day with all 3 trains in transfer with the restraints up but they said it would open later.

It's actually a really nice day, Valravn is excellent. It won't blow you away but it's a tremendous addition to the park. We were impressed.

At the park now. Having a terrible day. 0/10 would not recommend.

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Just kidding obviously but I hate wind and it hates me. Lol

Wow its like they knew you were coming and rolled out the red carpet for you!

Lol no no coasters are closed for wind. Gatekeeper has been closed all day with all 3 trains in transfer with the restraints up but they said it would open later.

It's actually a really nice day, Valravn is excellent. It won't blow you away but it's a tremendous addition to the park. We were impressed.

GateKeeper went down mid-afternoon yesterday, which is a very rare thing, so I assumed it was for the wind. However, maybe there was a little something more there going on... I think that was the first time I've ever gone and only ridden it once, on one side.

Glad you enjoyed Valravn! I always really enjoy my rides on it, and I know the GP are simply eating it up! Yeah, it's not MF or Maverick, but I agree, it was a brilliant addition by CP!

I'll post an organized story of my 3 day trip at CP, but just want to throw shout outs to Marcel (thrillkeeper?) and Josh (jrice) for great operations on Millennium. Nice to see TPR crushing capacity on world renowned coasters! Never had to wait long at all. Enjoy the rest of the summer there, guys.

-Zach

Thanks! Gotta live up to the Cedar Point standard!

^ That's a bummer to hear...

It actually stopped on the lift hill my one ride on it yesterday, but a ride worker came up the lift to somewhere farther up on the train (we were at the back), and I assumed it was a cell phone out or something like that (though they didn't have anything in their hands on the way down.) Who knows though... I hope they get it up and running before long though, for your sake, and anybody else going this busy weekend!

And to the other Bill not named coasterbill, we stopped at the one in Mentor, Ohio. Mentor is northeast of Cleveland right off of Interstate 90. It would be a bit of a drive from CP, unless you planned on hitting up Waldameer or something? Otherwise the Lakewood one would be your best bet - as the other poster mentioned.

I shouldn't badmouth my hometown, but there are so many restaurants here that our version of Melt seems very average. I still go sometimes, but I'd rather drive to Lakewood.

Also, Waldameer seemed almost empty today.

Alright, day 1 is in the books.

A few things of note, of course eventually there will be a real trip report.

1) Gatekeeper crew... Holy living crap!!! These guys were literally running around the platform once it finally opened. They were routinely clearing and dispatching trains when the previous one was coming down the first drop. I'd never ridden a 3 train B&M and not stopped moving in the final brake run until yesterday. If not for the midcourse this thing would have been block stopping. I know that's the entire point but I'd never seen it actually needed. Wow!

2) Sky Ride never opened but I really appreciate the dedication of Cedar Point. The ride didn't move all day but we were over by Valravn 45 minutes before closing and they started sending cabins. They normally send 3 groups of 3 from each side (not that I spend too much time watching the webcams or anything) but on the second one a strong gust hit and they had to throw in the towel.

It was amazing to see this type of dedication to any ride, but especially a smaller ride like Sky Ride.

3) Lines were very short. The longest we waited for anything was about 45 minutes for a Valravn night ride but we got on every adult coaster (minus Gemeni which we're saving for today since we expect them to have the staff to race it).

4) We got a Millennium Force front seat ride on the last train of the night, a Dragster front seat ride and a Valravn front seat night ride but Mean Streak stole the show. I sound like a stoner now but we rode it at sunset and riding through that beautiful structure with the awesome views of the lake is an experience I'll never forget. That was like a zen ride. I know nobody cares but I'm really going to miss this ride. I'm excited as anything for the future and the prospect of an RMC but I'll always miss Mean Streak. The ride was butter smooth using the Mean Streak trick.

5) Valravn is an amazing addition. It's probably the 3rd best B&M in the park but it's a ton of fun. Whoever said this ride rattles needs to check themselves into a nursing home and take up cribbage. This hobby isn't for you.

Alright, day 1 is in the books.

A few things of note, of course eventually there will be a real trip report.

1) Gatekeeper crew... Holy living crap!!! These guys were literally running around the platform once it finally opened. They were routinely clearing and dispatching trains when the previous one was coming down the first drop. I'd never ridden a 3 train B&M and not stopped moving in the final brake run until yesterday. If not for the midcourse this thing would have been block stopping. I know that's the entire point but I'd never seen it actually needed. Wow!

2) Sky Ride never opened but I really appreciate the dedication of Cedar Point. The ride didn't move all day but we were over by Valravn 45 minutes before closing and they started sending cabins. They normally send 3 groups of 3 from each side (not that I spend too much time watching the webcams or anything) but on the second one a strong gust hit and they had to throw in the towel.

It was amazing to see this type of dedication to any ride, but especially a smaller ride like Sky Ride.

3) Lines were very short. The longest we waited for anything was about 45 minutes for a Valravn night ride but we got on every adult coaster (minus Gemeni which we're saving for today since we expect them to have the staff to race it).

4) We got a Millennium Force front seat ride on the last train of the night, a Dragster front seat ride and a Valravn front seat night ride but Mean Streak stole the show. I sound like a stoner now but we rode it at sunset and riding through that beautiful structure with the awesome views of the lake is an experience I'll never forget. That was like a zen ride. I know nobody cares but I'm really going to miss this ride. I'm excited as anything for the future and the prospect of an RMC but I'll always miss Mean Streak. The ride was butter smooth using the Mean Streak trick.

5) Valravn is an amazing addition. It's probably the 3rd best B&M in the park but it's a ton of fun. Whoever said this ride rattles needs to check themselves into a nursing home and take up cribbage. This hobby isn't for you.

I agree there is no rattle. I think people may believe it rattles b/c it makes that clicking noise during the first drop.

Agreed, that thing is awesome, and one of the smoothest rides out there.

By the way, if you haven't done it already, try to get a seat way out on the edge.