TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So has anyone else heard the "news"/teasing that Melt Bar & Grilled is putting a location in or near Cedar Point? I for one am UTTERLY STOKED. Cheese 4 dayz

Yep! I loved their Twitter conversation with Tony. It was awesome! 99% this is going to happen based off that conversation! I would love to see them in the park! However, it has to be a full menu type of thing. Now a water down version. If that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So has anyone else heard the "news"/teasing that Melt Bar & Grilled is putting a location in or near Cedar Point? I for one am UTTERLY STOKED. Cheese 4 dayz

Yes, Melt Bar & Grilled is my favorite restaurant ever. The food is so delicious. Their menu is out of this world. Here's a couple of my favorites.

The Dude Abides:

Homemade meatballs, fried mozzarella wedges, basil marinara, roasted garlic, provolone & romano

Chicken & Waffles:

Crispy battered chicken, belgian waffle, sriracha butter pepper-jack cheese & maple syrup for dipping

Mighty Macaroni / Creamy homemade macaroni & cheese battered and deep fried, layered with cheddar cheese sauce & your favorite Melted cheese

Full menu can be found here. http://meltbarandgrilled.com/menu/melt-menu/

And while this has just been a seasonal item it's without a doubt the best sandwich I ever ate there.

The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon:

This is a 10 ounce sandwich with hickory smoked bacon, black pepper-crusted slab bacon, Maple bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Canadian Bacon, Herb cream cheese with bacon bits, in-house made mayonnaise infused with bacon, sharp cheddar, fresh romaine lettuce and sliced tomato!

If Melt came to Cedar Point I would be beyond stoked!

Yes, Melt Bar & Grilled is my favorite restaurant ever. The food is so delicious. Their menu is out of this world. Here's a couple of my favorites.

The Dude Abides:

Homemade meatballs, fried mozzarella wedges, basil marinara, roasted garlic, provolone & romano

Chicken & Waffles:

Crispy battered chicken, belgian waffle, sriracha butter pepper-jack cheese & maple syrup for dipping

Mighty Macaroni / Creamy homemade macaroni & cheese battered and deep fried, layered with cheddar cheese sauce & your favorite Melted cheese

Full menu can be found here. http://meltbarandgrilled.com/menu/melt-menu/

And while this has just been a seasonal item it's without a doubt the best sandwich I ever ate there.

The 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon:

This is a 10 ounce sandwich with hickory smoked bacon, black pepper-crusted slab bacon, Maple bourbon Glazed Smoked Pork Belly, Canadian Bacon, Herb cream cheese with bacon bits, in-house made mayonnaise infused with bacon, sharp cheddar, fresh romaine lettuce and sliced tomato!

If Melt came to Cedar Point I would be beyond stoked!

And just to be a tease, here are some photos that I took last year when we stopped for our first trip to Melt last year on the way home from CP/Halloweekends. We had the aforementioned 'Chicken and Waffles' and 'The Dude Abides' (I believe I also posted this in my Phoodie thread).

Bring your appetite because neither Michael nor I could finish one sandwich - only half with two pints of beer.

Yeah, they have a great beer selection in addition to great food, too...this will be a GREAT "local" addition for CP!

058.JPG.473536cf49d48406c79f59d461e5518d.JPG

Melt!

059.JPG.a921c033ea4ee46ae694ddd178836342.JPG

Your menu is on the back of an album - I was pretty pumped that I got Grover Washington Jr...Just The Two Of Us...FTW!

060.JPG.40d312a09e1ae1e019f81791124c57e6.JPG

Said menu.

061.JPG.fed352747c0ef2e7021f339a12b1ad1b.JPG

Nice vibe to the place.

062.JPG.796324290aa105f94334bc182d825aa6.JPG

VERY thick grilled sandwiches!

064.JPG.3eb64d20f843ea630bcdb1f3f0693a37.JPG

Ridiculous.

065.JPG.ac812c51de675306abbfa1478f4e478f.JPG

Love the bar area!

I wonder where they will put this? Inside of the park? At the former restaurant at Sandcastle (they need something over there). Maybe next to Breakers? Or could it possibly replace TGIFriday's, Famous Dave's or Chickie and Pete's?

Melt doesn't impress me much tbh. Being a Cleveland local. The bread is ridiculously thick and hard to eat. Not really a fan.

If I had to offer some Cleveland local suggestions for Point they would be Slyman's corned beef, and Barrio Tacos. Please Point! Tony if you're reading this bring Barrio to Point!

Staying with the local eatery topic, surprised Tony Packo's from Toledo has never made it to the park. I would take that over Pink's in a heartbeat!

I'll post an organized story of my 3 day trip at CP, but just want to throw shout outs to Marcel (thrillkeeper?) and Josh (jrice) for great operations on Millennium. Nice to see TPR crushing capacity on world renowned coasters! Never had to wait long at all. Enjoy the rest of the summer there, guys.

-Zach

That Melt Bar food looks ridiculously delicious! The thickness of the bread does look like a challenge.

I'm up for it, LOL! Looking forward to (maybe) trying this at CP..... next year.

That Melt Bar food looks ridiculously delicious! The thickness of the bread does look like a challenge.

I'm up for it, LOL! Looking forward to (maybe) trying this at CP..... next year.

Even if this does not end up at Point, there is a location (the original) in Lakewood, Oh. Its approximately 1 hour east of Sandusky.

I came here to mention the water spout at Cedar Point today, and post a picture I took of it, but I see that somebody already beat me to it!

I'm friends with the guys who run Cedar Point History, and when one of them saw that photo on my Facebook, they asked to post it on the site's Facebook, and now it's here. The way social media drives things these days is pretty amazing!

Thanks to all who have complimented the shot! The funny thing is, when I took it quickly (as the water spout was moving rapidly left to right), with my crappy cell phone camera, I zoomed in only a little, because the picture quality diminishes quickly, and felt disappointed with how it turned out, and only reluctantly posted it, just because it was such a crazy occurrence. Between the many "likes" and "Wows" on my own Facebook, the tons of them on the CP History site, and now the kudos here, clearly, a crazy occurrence is all that's necessary, even when the picture quality is lacking!

Oh, and the last name is actually spelled "Landers", BTW.

At any rate, a TR is forthcoming, but I'll do that later (probably tomorrow) when I'm on my laptop, and not my phone. SPOILER ALERT: It was a great day to go to Cedar Point, with pretty short lines, (mostly) beautiful weather, strange occurrences (which you're somewhat already aware of), a lot of talk about my awesome daughter who was making her first trip there to ride the big coasters, and you shouldn't expect a legendarily humorous Report like coasterbill and others, because as my wife always tells me, I'm not as funny as I think I am.

Surprised no one has brought this up. On RMCs Instagram, in of their pictures with the free spin track, you can clearly make out iBox track in the background.

Well to be fair there's pretty much always IBox track some were in their shop. And practically no way to identify what it's for from our view.