TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If Famous Daves served Applebee's quality food I'd like it simply because of it's location. That's it's biggest selling point. The food is good though, sure you can find better BBQ but it's pretty good / average for a BBQ place since it's on the water at a reasonable price point with a view of Millennium Force and the Marina I'll take it.

Well this is why I should go there. I've gone to Chickie's and Pete's on my last two trips because I'm hooked on their crabfries. The other food there is barely above mediocre though and it's all overpriced even more than most theme park food. Next year I'll finally take your advice and go to Famous Dave's.

Now if you would like to suggest a place for me to try that's local the next time I visit, that's more productive and friendly.

I would suggest at least trying Chickie's and Pete's if you've never been there. It's nice to sit inside a cool building for a bit (that alone almost makes it worth it on a hot day) and I love their crabfries. I might be in the minority though since I never really see other people on here suggesting to eat there.

Now if you would like to suggest a place for me to try that's local the next time I visit

I don't really know of much local to Sandusky (or Ohio) at all. I get the impression that Sandusky isn't really known for it's cuisine, though I could be way off base there. If you're in Virginia in the future I'd be happy to plug a place or two.

^ Someone on here mentioned Berardi's to me on here before our trip in June and now we're hooked. I will admit that we haven't eaten dinner here yet, but their breakfasts were awesome, big portioned, the place was very clean...and they also serve booze just about any time of the day!

Granted it's a little bit of a drive from CP, but well worth it if you are not staying on the peninsula.

I think that they have a place in Huron too.

My trip report

Berardis menu

Great... here come the Texans to make sure we're all aware that anything we can do, they can do better.

Considering I've spent 7 days at Cedar Point this year with SFOT 15 min from me and I've only spent 3 or 4 days there...I would have to disagree with your judgement. Besides, Famous Dave's isn't an Ohio "thing", it's a typical BBQ chain like many others. Now if you would like to suggest a place for me to try that's local the next time I visit, that's more productive and friendly.

Last time I was at Berardi's, they had a note on the menu proudly proclaiming that they get their food from GFS. Not that their stuff is all bad, but that kinda hurt my excitement for it. They do offer "authentic" upper midwest style food though, definitely, like the tenderloin sandwiches. HD Tony's is supposed to be good, but of course I've never been. Otherwise, just do what everyone else does and scope out Yelp.

Now if you would like to suggest a place for me to try that's local the next time I visit

I don't really know of much local to Sandusky (or Ohio) at all. I get the impression that Sandusky isn't really known for it's cuisine, though I could be way off base there. If you're in Virginia in the future I'd be happy to plug a place or two.

Not really, I was joking with Josh (the ride supervisor for MF) about things to do in Sandusky as I was trying to find stuff when not at the park. As far as food, I've gone to that Tap House in downtown, Casa Real for some Mexican food, and this past Saturday night we tried Pizza House which was actually quite good. I'd recommend the pizza place, they were open till 1 am and so it was great after the park closed. I'm sure I'm not the only one, I just enjoy trying local stuff that I can't get unless I'm there when I fly out of town.

^Oh, believe me, I am firmly with you regarding Corkscrew! I will never ride that coaster again, unlike MS, which I will ride a few times Thursday, and, have ridden periodically through the years. Corkscrew is a special kind of wicked rough! (Though, come to think of it, that rough jolt you experience on it, isn't too dissimilar from the horrible jolt at the bottom of the Conneaut Blue Streak...)

Nooo that's not what I said. The ride was shockingly smooth, but the trains were so odd and uncomfortable.

As for food, we're currently at DeMore's Offshore Bar and Grill and it's great. 5 min from Breakers Express, local caught perch/walleye, pour your own beer, specials like shrimp tacos, and everything is very reasonable. This is totally the local's seafood/bar hang out.

http://www.demoresbarandgrill.com/

Nooo that's not what I said. The ride was shockingly smooth, but the trains were so odd and uncomfortable.

I don't recall the trains being that different from a standard arrow looper, but I do know what you mean about feeling folded over. I think that might be due to how low the seats are to the bottom of the car though? They all give me that kind of feeling — like you're almost riding inside the track as opposed to above it. With that said, I found Corkscrew to be extremely jarring. A combination of Arrow's crappy transitions with that hideous airtime hill. I rode it in the front, got launched way out of my seat and slammed back down again very hard. I spent the rest of the ride trying to defend myself against the layout!

I've always enjoyed Mrs. D's seafood in Sandusky. They were a counter service type place but last year they remodeled and have a nice bar ect. The walleye and perch are to die for and if they still have their seafood nacho special it is just phenomenal. If you like fish there are plenty of places for fresh catch around Sandusky. Mrs. Ds has been the best I've found. Now it's been over a year since I've been to the point so I hope they are still there! I'll find out next weekend!!

^Oh, believe me, I am firmly with you regarding Corkscrew! I will never ride that coaster again, unlike MS, which I will ride a few times Thursday, and, have ridden periodically through the years. Corkscrew is a special kind of wicked rough! (Though, come to think of it, that rough jolt you experience on it, isn't too dissimilar from the horrible jolt at the bottom of the Conneaut Blue Streak...)

I guess I should have read it more closely! That's what I get when I read and post on my little phone...

That being said... SMOOTH?!?!? ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY?!?!?!

Regarding BBQ, I like Famous Dave's, but here in Lansing, there are two local places which easily best it, so I certainly operate under no assumption that its the be all end all of BBQ. I've actually never eaten at Cedar Point's, or the Bay Harbor Inn, for that that matter, in spite of coming here over 33 years! I suppose I should change that at some point here soon, just based on this view people keep talking about!

Not really, I was joking with Josh (the ride supervisor for MF) about things to do in Sandusky as I was trying to find stuff when not at the park. As far as food, I've gone to that Tap House in downtown, Casa Real for some Mexican food, and this past Saturday night we tried Pizza House which was actually quite good. I'd recommend the pizza place, they were open till 1 am and so it was great after the park closed. I'm sure I'm not the only one, I just enjoy trying local stuff that I can't get unless I'm there when I fly out of town.

Generally that's the route I go. I like to try different scenes. Tap Houses are always OK with me. I'm sure my wife would dig a pizza place. So long as there are other options than just pizza (and I's assume that's the case) I'd be all for it as well.

I just go to quaker steak and lube now. I like the food a little better. They made a deal with the park that they can not have a mark up so the price for food and drinks is the same as if you went to a local one.

I'm shocked that this page is not blowing up with fan boys talking about how a Rm has to be coming to mean streak since Six flags is not using them for 2017.

I just go to quaker steak and lube now. I like the food a little better. They made a deal with the park that they can not have a mark up so the price for food and drinks is the same as if you went to a local one.

I'm shocked that this page is not blowing up with fan boys talking about how a Rm has to be coming to mean streak since Six flags is not using them for 2017.

OMG OMG SF IS NOT USING RMC! This means that it HAS TO BE COMING TO CP AND KD!!

Ok there we go!;)

Anyways they are using them, with the three free spins by S&S. RMC may not have a lot of work for 2017 with these three tracks, but that could be for various reason that don't need to be discussed.

What does need to be discussed: what do you think will be "new" with the Skeleton Key rooms? With 16 days till Halloweekends what are you thoughts? Have you ever been in a skeleton room? Are they worth it?

Thank you!:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thirsty Pony or bust.

Sounds like a place to find some brews. Do they have good food?

I agree with Thirsty Pony, food is great, beer is great, can't beat it. Whenever I visit CP, I always make sure I stop at Thirsty Pony and Famous Dave's.

The Thirsty Bam Burger

"Our signature burger ground with a touch of horseradish and fresh garlic, seasoned with salt, pepper & steak sauce, topped with swiss & mozzarella cheeses on ciabatta bread" $10.50

This is my main menu item. A truly great burger.

To continue the sarcasm...The day RMC is going to convert a coaster like Mean Streak by May of 2017 starting in late September with a Lake Erie Winter, is the day my 5'7" self can dunk a basketball.

To continue the sarcasm...The day RMC is going to convert a coaster like Mean Streak by May of 2017 starting in late September with a Lake Erie Winter, is the day my 5'7" self can dunk a basketball.

Better get practicing then because we all know EXACTLY what business decisions CF/CP are doing for next year because we are ENTHUSIASTS!!

(/end sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk