TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That's a really good point! I've just read people complaining on here about replacing a wood coaster with another steel coaster. It doesn't have to be steel, in fact wood would make more sense!
I'd like to see it done like an I-box conversion, but with topper track so that the world's premier coaster park doesn't have Blue Streak as its premier wood coaster.

I would rather them put something huge in Mean Streaks spot. Some breath taking mega structure. Like a 500 foot tall coaster with an actual 500 foot drop. And then put a real wooden coaster in str's old spot.

I would rather them put something huge in Mean Streaks spot. Some breath taking mega structure. Like a 500 foot tall coaster with an actual 500 foot drop. And then put a real wooden coaster in str's old spot.

I am hoping for a RMC (so not counting as wood) in place of Mean Streak, and then a real classic GCI or Gravity Group woodie on the STR location.

I would like to see the park completely demolish Mean Streak and build an Intamin hybrid woodie like El Toro. It'd be nice to reach 200ft and provide an 80 degree drop with some ejector air throughout the layout. But I definitely think it should be a woodie. That is the only standout coaster that CP lacks right now.

Edited by skyrocket010

But I definitely think it should be a woodie. That is the only coaster that CP lacks right now.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

... God damn

The only things wooden coasters do better than steel coasters are consist of wood. I also think Blue Streak would like to protest your claim of CP lacking a woodie.

True! Just my opinion, Blue Streak is a good coaster but compared to the rest of the coasters is nothing really special. Most people would skip it before the new walkway was put into place. I'm talking about a standout woodie like El Toro. That park has amazing coasters yet all people talk about is El Toro. I also never said anything about the steel to wooden ratio I said what I would like to see. Thanks!

But I definitely think it should be a woodie. That is the only coaster that CP lacks right now.

Repeat after me...

Theme

Parks

Do

Not

Give

A

Single

Sh*t

About

Wood

To

Steel

Coaster

Ratios,

... God damn

The only things wooden coasters do better than steel coasters are consist of wood. I also think Blue Streak would like to protest your claim of CP lacking a woodie.

That park has amazing coasters yet all people talk about is El Toro.

All enthusiasts talk about is El Toro. Most people talk about Kingda Ka, Joker and Safari Off Road Adventure more than anything else at the park when it comes up in conversation.

Are enthusiasts not people as well? Does El Toro not maintain long lines throughout the day? It's still without a doubt a very popular ride at that park. Also recall saying amazing coasters which would not include Safari.

All enthusiasts talk about is El Toro. Most people talk about Kingda Ka, Joker and Safari Off Road Adventure more than anything else at the park when it comes up in conversation.

Are enthusiasts not people as well? Does El Toro not maintain long lines throughout the day? It's still without a doubt a very popular ride at that park. Also recall saying amazing coasters which would not include Safari.

Enthusiasts are a small group of people. This 'most people' coasterbill mentioned probably can't name a single park in Japan

I'm talking about a standout woodie like El Toro. That park has amazing coasters yet all people talk about is El Toro.

millennium_vista.jpg

Park is pretty empty. Checked off the entire back half of the park before noon. The new Marina/Valravn entrance is nice! Famous Daves on the water is a good touch as well.

I like Rougarou much more than Mantis, but it's still not a memorable ride.

Maverick's cushy new shoulder harnesses are great, though I never had an issue with the old ones. Goddamn the ride is so good.

I'm impressed with how smooth Dragster is in the back seat.

30 minutes for Valravn. Good addition to the line up! As much as I was expecting the vest restraints to kill the two drops, I was pleasantly surprised they did not. Only a front row ride so far, but it was pretty freaky how the breaks jostled you back and forth before the pause and drop.

I didn't care for the inline twist/turn - what's so special/what's thr hype about again? And shockingly the airtime hill had a lil something!

I love Famous Daves. It's the best place to eat in the Peninsula for sure. The food's really good but the location is awesome, especially if you sit out on the deck.

A visit to Famous Dave's has become standard on all my recent CP trips, definitely worth the price I think!