TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I have a dream that one day coasterbill won't have to repeat himself on where to sit on Mean Streak

That day is unfortunately coming. I'm really excited to see what's coming but I'll always miss Mean Streak, especially because it's very existence pissed enthusiasts off so much.

I have a dream that one day coasterbill won't have to repeat himself on where to sit on Mean Streak

That day is unfortunately coming. I'm really excited to see what's coming but I'll always miss Mean Streak, especially because it's very existence pissed enthusiasts off so much.

Hahaha. This right here is to funny. All I hope is what comes next is just as "huge". I will miss how beautiful mean streak looks, but that is about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember that Iron Horse thing being discussed a few months ago, and someone said that it was a drink somehow themed to the CP and LE Railroad.

EDIT: Found the post.

Hey guys, I hate to put a damper on any possible clues for an RMC Streak (because yes, it likely WOULD be the best thing ever!), but Iron Horse on that board probably refers to Iron Horse Porter, which is a Brew Kettle Craft Beer that they sell at Cedar Point (themed to the CP&LE Railroad, according to THIS.) Additionally, Frontier Trail refers to Frontier Trail Ale, which I have actually partaken of at that very establishment a couple of times this year. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but sadly, I don't think this is a clue...

I don't think he's trolling, just pulling "clues" out of his butt and failing to read the rest of this thread, where this question was answered already.

"Iron Horse" refers to the train, because "Iron Horse" is an old nickname for trains. That's all there is to it.

EDIT: Thanks, GCI Wooden, for finding the post.

I don't think he's trolling

He was talking about Cedar Point trolling us with his comment, or at least, that's how I read it.

So many signs pointing towards RMC. I'm definitely leaning towards 2017 over 2018.

If you do run into Philrad71 drink up, he always picks up the tab.

Philrad check your PM's. It's important.

Got it, thanks Bill.

Philrad, I will probably private message you on friday to see if you are around lol. That sounds awesome!

Unfortunately, we won't be able to be there this weekend. I was cautiously optimistic that we might be able to go despite my partner having a bit of a health scare last weekend that put him in the hospital for two days.

Things were looking up until today when he got his blood lab results back...and the results weren't good. So we have another doctors appointment this Friday at 1:30 to see what the next course of action will be.

I'm quite nervous right now, but we are hoping that this can be overcome without any more stays in the hospital or any type of radical surgery or treatments.

I remember that Iron Horse thing being discussed a few months ago, and someone said that it was a drink somehow themed to the CP and LE Railroad.

EDIT: Found the post.

Hey guys, I hate to put a damper on any possible clues for an RMC Streak (because yes, it likely WOULD be the best thing ever!), but Iron Horse on that board probably refers to Iron Horse Porter, which is a Brew Kettle Craft Beer that they sell at Cedar Point (themed to the CP&LE Railroad, according to THIS.) Additionally, Frontier Trail refers to Frontier Trail Ale, which I have actually partaken of at that very establishment a couple of times this year. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but sadly, I don't think this is a clue...

Thank you for finding the post. Sorry I don't have the best way to go through hundreds of posts to see if it has been talked about. All I have is a phone right now. Also, I learned something today! I did not know iron horse was a reference to a train. The bar did not know why it was called that, so thank you again for answering that question and helping me learn something.

Also as far as I knew, Magnum was running two all day, at least every time I rode it.

I am pretty confident that on the announcement date of september 16th there will be an RMC, but the question is for 2017 or 2018. My bets are on 2018 but we could see a surprise. McClure said that we will not be dissapointed.

I'd like to ask though, why are they announcing it SO early? It will be one more year before it even gets started and most of the GP will get confused and think its for next year. Obviously september 16th is the time to announce it, maybe we are getting it for 2017 and they wanted to keep suspense a little higher due to that video. Also, it seems like that announcement was focusing on the waterpark, which is separate from the main park.

I am sure without a doubt there will be SOMETHING replacing Mean Streak, most likely an RMC because Cedar Point always needs to be the best and one-up six flags, but the question is 2017 or 2018.

I hope that if Mean Streak is re-profiled by RMC, they will use Topper Track instead of IBox. I think it would make a LOT more sense for Cedar Point to complete their collection with a potentially record-breaking wood coaster than add another steel coaster whose stats wouldn't even break park records (I know CP loves their records!). They KNOW they need a great wooden coaster too, it's the only logical solution!

I know many people assume that because they haven't done that, they can't- but I think the main reason we haven't seen a Topper on a re-profile is cost/maintenance reasons from the SF chain. There's also a misleading quote from RMC about not doing Topper Track re-tracking anymore, which I am pretty sure is regarding section replacements like on Monstre, old-Rattler, Tremors, and old-Cyclone. The two track styles are essentially compatible, why wouldn't they be able to use Topper Track?

I'm hoping for the same thing. It would be totally doable to capture records for tallest, fastest (possibly most inverting) wooden coaster using Mean Streak's old footprint. Having not done a topper track redo before, that may explain the possible two year construction timeline. Time will tell!

Well the park is dead today! Maverick's line ends at the bottom of the stairs.

I'm here today as well with my brother. All the coasters are a walk on or at most just outside the station, including Valravn. The longest wait we've had has been about 15 minutes when someone threw up on Millennium Force. We're having a fantastic day!

This may seem like a silly question, but if I purchase a 2017 Platinum Season Pass at Cedar Point, I can get in one time for free in 2016 and purchase additional tickets (including Halloweekends?) for $14.99? Seems like a good deal. I mean, not Six Flags good but hey you gotta pay for quality operations. Also, if I purchase the season pass at the front gate (after I park), will they deduct the single day parking fee from the season pass purchase? I've been all over the website, and have a tendency to get confused.

I'm thinking of dropping into the point on Monday or Tuesday next week, and have another trip on September 16th/17th with a friend. Looking forward to it!

Well the park is dead today! Maverick's line ends at the bottom of the stairs.

I'm here today as well with my brother. All the coasters are a walk on or at most just outside the station, including Valravn. The longest wait we've had has been about 15 minutes when someone threw up on Millennium Force. We're having a fantastic day!

It is a beautiful day to be here at the park! The only down side, I can't ride my favorite seat on Magnum. Anyways, PM me if you want to meet up for a bit.

I'm hoping for the same thing. It would be totally doable to capture records for tallest, fastest (possibly most inverting) wooden coaster using Mean Streak's old footprint. Having not done a topper track redo before, that may explain the possible two year construction timeline. Time will tell!

That's a really good point! I've just read people complaining on here about replacing a wood coaster with another steel coaster. It doesn't have to be steel, in fact wood would make more sense!

The park must be dead today. Magnum is running one train on webcam (probably to keep weight in it because of the wind). I don't think I've ever seen Magnum run one train before.

I was at the park last night. It was not windy. I assumed they were only running 1 train because of the threat of rain and their stupid rain policy. Mean Streak was running 2 trains and then went down to one after a couple sprinkles (literally a couple) of rain fell down. By the time we made it over to Magnum (7Pish) it was already running 1 train.