TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

What weekend is Cedar Point opening next year?

I would bet a large chunk of change that it will open on Saturday, May 6th. 10AM-10PM with a highly unorganized early entry at 9AM where just about no coasters will run until about 9:45 because it's opening day and enthusiasts will bitch as if they didn't expect it. Then the site will be flooded with people bitching about how Cedar Point didn't seem ready for opening day because tons of rides were closed and it was a sh*t show.

Friday will probably be Ohio State Day with an equally disorganized preview night to follow. Lines for Season Pass processing will be hilariously long and will lead to tons of bitching on TPR and social media from people who were too dumb to just renew their passes online and keep using the same ones.

And for anyone laughing or thinking this was a ridiculous post, come dig it up on May 6th 2017 and see how ridiculous it actually was.

You are spot on sir.

You didn't mention if they had the new coaster in Frontier Town running or not?

Probably not, but if so it still won't be running for early entry and neither will Maverick because they'll both be down for mechanical reasons so enthusiasts will be stuck at the back of Cedar Point with nothing to do except complain on TPR and social media or start their trek to the front of the park where nothing will be running either except Midway Carousel and Ocean Motion. The really stupid ones will line up for Dragster as if they actually expect it to open at 10:00.

They'll complain, and I'll laugh at them for being surprised by any of this.

Great Sage Coasterbill, it would also be so helpful if you could provide us the dates of the first water main break and power outage.

To be fair, I'm not exactly going out on a limb by saying any of things I just said. I guarantee that pretty much all of it will be 100% accurate because it happens every single year. Opening day is ALWAYS a disaster. If you're a passholder then by all means go and get some rides in, but if it's a big trip for someone and they've been saving up to visit I would wait until at least Memorial Day to visit Cedar Point. Seriously...

Friday will probably be Ohio State Day with an equally disorganized preview night to follow. Lines for Season Pass processing will be hilariously long and will lead to tons of bitching on TPR and social media from people who were too dumb to just renew their passes online and keep using the same ones.

On the upside, if Cedar Point botches your renewal, you can get if fixed right away and then maybe split to Kings Island for a park that's got a couple weeks under its belt.

Seriously though, opening weekend is a consistent nightmare and should be avoided at all costs.

Great Sage Coasterbill, it would also be so helpful if you could provide us the dates of the first water main break and power outage.

To be fair, I'm not exactly going out on a limb by saying any of things I just said. I guarantee that pretty much all of it will be 100% accurate because it happens every single year. Opening day is ALWAYS a disaster. If you're a passholder then by all means go and get some rides in, but if it's a big trip for someone and they've been saving up to visit I would wait until at least Memorial Day to visit Cedar Point. Seriously...

This

^ Shouldn't be too bad.

Weather is sunny and 85, so the Magnificent Carnac in me expects Soak City and the water rides in the park to be getting more of a workout than the dry rides.

Carnac.jpg.3c12d326452fd7beb687e90c125dee26.jpg

Valravn, Maverick, TTD will all have 20 minute to one hour waits while the water park, Thunder Canyon and Snake River Falls will actually have lines.

Cool...if you have PP's, hit Maverick and MF for early entry if they aren't broken down. If they are, go to Valravn and then to TTD. Everything else will likely be a walk-on at some point during the day.

And if you do Soak City, the swim-up bar usually has no wait. Who knows, you might even see me there!

^^ At about $8-10 per drink, you'll only get one round outta me...and I'll be expecting one in return at some point later in the day!

^ Don't worry, Bill....I'll make an exception for you and your partner!

Edited by Philrad71

So it looks like my son and I are going to be doing a Kennywood, KI & CP run over the Labor Day weekend. We're going to be hitting Kennywood on Friday as our first stop, but I can't decide whether to do CP on Saturday and KI on Sunday, or vice versa. I've already mentally prepared to drop the cash on Fast Lane at both parks, but what do you guys suggest?

Cedar Point has the same hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday since Monday is a holiday. They close earlier on Monday. They also have passholder ERT Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (though I'm not sure if you're a passholder).

Friday: Millennium Force & Rougarou

Saturday: Top Thrill Dragster & Raptor

Sunday: Valravn

We'll be there all weekend.

Cedar Point has the same hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday since Monday is a holiday. They close earlier on Monday. They also have passholder ERT Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (though I'm not sure if you're a passholder).

Friday: Millennium Force & Rougarou

Saturday: Top Thrill Dragster & Raptor

Sunday: Valravn

We'll be there all weekend.

I'm heading there on Saturday the 3rd! Can't wait to head back to the park, last time I went was in 2002!