TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Call me crazy, but my gut feeling tells me that there are possibly three RMC projects at Cedar Fair next year. Canada's Wonderland's announcement is still pending, KD's big hype turned into a big let down, and Cedar Point announced the closure of Mean Streak with no news on what's to come. Something tells me that Cedar Fair and RMC are still working out the final kinks in the designs, contracts, etc. and it may be due to RMC's troubled year with Lightning Rod and the recalls. It probably threw Cedar Fair off and they had to compromise with their capital announcements.

This quote:

4). Millennium Force fulfilled all my mental, emotional, spiritual, and sexual desires.

And this quote:

Except for Mean Streak. F**k Mean Streak. Good riddance to that thing. May its splinters cushion Satan's balls in Hell for all eternity.

Were both 100% accurate!!!

Except for Mean Streak. F**k Mean Streak. Good riddance to that thing. May its splinters cushion Satan's balls in Hell for all eternity.

I was at the park just over a week ago and the second row from the back was perfectly tolerable. I didn't get to try front row and I'll explain why in my trip report if anyone ever cares to look at it but car whichevercarthebackcaris row 1 was fine.

I was at the park just over a week ago and the second row from the back was perfectly tolerable. I didn't get to try front row and I'll explain why in my trip report if anyone ever cares to look at it but car whichevercarthebackcaris row 1 was fine.

I was expecting a rough ride, not being slowly dragged around by a medieval torture device.

I sat in the third car btw. It was like 2:00 in the afternoon.

Call me crazy, but my gut feeling tells me that there are possibly three RMC projects at Cedar Fair next year. Canada's Wonderland's announcement is still pending, KD's big hype turned into a big let down, and Cedar Point announced the closure of Mean Streak with no news on what's to come. Something tells me that Cedar Fair and RMC are still working out the final kinks in the designs, contracts, etc. and it may be due to RMC's troubled year with Lightning Rod and the recalls. It probably threw Cedar Fair off and they had to compromise with their capital announcements.

Cedar Fair seems to like package deals and lots of the cedar fair parks are in need of new wooden coasters.

Cedar Fair seems to like package deals and lots of the cedar fair parks are in need of new wooden coasters.

Do you think that tips the scales towards GCI over RMC?

i used to think it would be GCI over RMC, but there are two reasons against it now. One, GCI already has 4 projects for next year. Two, there haven't been any RMC related announcements for next year, which is odd considering they had 4 projects last year and their top designer (forgot how to spell is sir name) said they had 4 more projects for next year during some interview. I don't have any links to show but if anyone has it please post it.

their top designer (forgot how to spell is sir name) said they had 4 more projects for next year during some interview.

Does anyone actually know what interview this is? because quite a few people have mentioned it and i don't actually recall either Alan or Fred giving any interviews regarding next year, never mind ones were he apparently says they have four projects next year.

Yes, 2017 re-opening of Mean Streak by RMC. Iron Horse is it's name.

They can name it Steel Horse! A tribute to Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive.

"I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride

I'm wanted dead or alive

Wanted dead or alive…"

They can play the song in the que and station

That really would would cause me to cut up my passes. I am scrambling for my remote every time one of the damn Directv commercials comes on.

They didn't get anything in 2009 unless you count the Starlight Experience.

Took the words out of my mouth. 2012 was Dinosaurs Alive and Luminosity at the expense of Paddlewheel Excursions and Wildcat also.

I am still surprised to this day that Wildcat wasn't replace with a wild mouse type ride

They didn't get anything in 2009 unless you count the Starlight Experience.

Took the words out of my mouth. 2012 was Dinosaurs Alive and Luminosity at the expense of Paddlewheel Excursions and Wildcat also.

I am still surprised to this day that Wildcat wasn't replace with a wild mouse type ride

Dorney could have used a Wildcat I liked that ride

The original Wildcat (the one Cedar Point built for their 100th anniversary) opened in Maryland last year. I didn't get to ride the wildcat they had before it, but I went to the park last year for the sole purpose of riding the wildcat. It was worth it and better than any trip you could have at Lakemont Park