TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

2017 passes on sale. What I find intriguing is on the benefits page for renewals in addition to the free fast lane plus that the other parks also offer, you get a free fall Sunday ticket for a friend. Though when I check out it only lists the fast lane so I'll probably need to call them to see how that works... might actually be better off getting the cedar point platinum pass in USD than the wonderland pass in CAN for this year (the fast lane plus for CP and free ticket are worth 30$ imo)

I just renewed my pass this morning.

Here is a photo of the blueprints they reveled on a giant bilboard by the west gate to Soak City (closest to the cabins)

The drop slide/plunge thing just got my attention! I never had an interest in "Soak City." Get a unique new attraction like that, and I'll definitely check it out.

I'm less than 10 days to the trip and already too excited to sleep. I honestly can't find any trip reports of the waterpark (not surprised), but can anyone call out any must ride slides? I'm a waterpark fun, but honestly nothing looks beyond average. Anyone care to disagree?

I've read the fresh french fry places have gotten a face lift, Pink's is hit or miss, and Chickie and Pete's is the most recommended place in the park. I don't plan on eating much in the park, but am I missing any reliable park food?

11 miles from CP, Kalahari has an awesome waterpark! It might be something worth checking out if you like waterparks. I spent a few days there and enjoyed it.

^ All depends on the weather, I think.

If it's a nice day, it could be crowded. Probably not as crowded on a Monday as say...three weeks ago due to some schools going back into session. But if there's more than a 50% chance of rain, most everything (except Valravn, Maverick, MF and TTD) will probably be a walk-on.

Edit - that's likely a crap shoot there with that weather forecast. I would still bring that $100 with you....juuuuust to be safe!

Capture.thumb.JPG.f2293c3a5b009a632c3865f817ddcee5.JPG

Edited by Philrad71

What about rougaurou and Raptor?

Whenever I've been to the park on a weekday, I've found the waits are about the following:

Maverick- 45-60 minutes

Valravn- 60 minutes or more

Millennium Force- 30-45 minutes (wait the extra for the front at least once)

Top Thrill Dragster- 20-30 minutes (note- it will break down frequently for 15ish minutes)

As stated, Raptor & GateKeeper will have bad waits after opening but the lines should die down by the afternoon. I'd recommend starting at Maverick if you don't have FastLane and then make your way towards the front.

While on the subject, I'd like some advice. Arriving at Breakers tonight around 5. The park closes at 10 tonight and 8 tomorrow night. With that in mind, would it be a good idea to spend tonight at the park and get night rides rather than saving that money for a possible fast lane for tomorrow? How are crowds typically on Sunday nights?

This would be our only opportunity to get night rides, but I don't want to go to the park for 4 hours tonight if there's gonna be sizeable lines tomorrow that I could've otherwise skipped with an FL+, any suggestions?

Thanks for the tips!

What if I can only do one of the two: night rides tonight or fast lane tomorrow? What would you recommend then?

I would almost guarantee that you will not need a fastlane on Monday with schools back in. Especially if you're planning to stay to park close at 8pm. Schools are back in session and with an 8pm close that's usually a good indicator of slow times. Any school groups there will leave between 5-6pm. The last few hours most rides in the park should be 15 min or less waits.

Now do you want to marathon Valravn, MF and Maverick. Sure get the fastlane plus if it's in your budget. But if you're content with a nice relaxing day riding and having fun. I would say go with night rides today and the whole day tomorrow. With that much time and this time of year you should be fine.

Who was it that was able to contact CP and have them ship a shirt, or maybe it was a sweatshirt, to them? I need 2 shirts from TTD's booth and am hoping CP would be able to help me out... or maybe one of you you guys could? We were hoping to get back up to CP this year but it's not going to happen and the shirts weren't available in our sizes when we were there in June.

I have returned from a decade's long awaited trip to Cedar Point.

Unfortunately I don't have any good photos so I have nothing for a trip report, but some quick thoughts...

1). Lake Erie is nice and it was weird being on a freshwater beach (even though I was on a pier in Chicago once).

2). There's a ton of hicks living in that area for some reason. Parts of it feels like the deep south (to the point where the park even sells moonshine).

3). I thought bugs were dying off after seeing less of them here in Jersey...but nooooooooooooo. I spent half the time dodging / running away from hornets and looking in horror at the unprecedented amount of spider webs everywhere.

4). Millennium Force fulfilled all my mental, emotional, spiritual, and sexual desires.

5). Hotel Breakers looks like the hotel from The Shining.

6). I was surprised by just how far Cedar Point's resort area extended (the Holiday Inn I was staying at was across the street from Castaway Bay, which was about 5 miles away from the park).

7). When a discount to most parks means shelling out $70, Cedar Point's only like $50. Damn. [Fun Fact: When I last went to Disney World in 2004, a ticket was like $54...it's since doubled. Inflation sucks.]

8). Even with the crowds being somewhat mild, I could only get 8 of the 15 coasters in (Blue Streak, Valravn, MF, Mean Streak, Dragster, Magnum, Gatekeeper, & Iron Dragon). Would have been 9 if Maverick didn't break down last minute.

9). If there's two things I wish Cedar Point would add is a log flume and some kind of dark ride, but overall I was not disappointed. The park / resort impressed me and the rides were top notch.

Except for Mean Streak. F**k Mean Streak. Good riddance to that thing. May its splinters cushion Satan's balls in Hell for all eternity.

Did they still have the VR on Iron Dragon? I got to try it 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

When I was there, just about every coaster experienced some delay while we were in line. Valravn was down for 2.5 hours and TTD had a failed launch where the train stopped half way down the catapult section.

Did they still have the VR on Iron Dragon? I got to try it 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

When I was there, just about every coaster experienced some delay while we were in line. Valravn was down for 2.5 hours and TTD had a failed launch where the train stopped half way down the catapult section.

No VR on Iron Dragon. The wait was about 3 seconds long though, so it might be a good idea for them to permanently implement it.

Nothing except for Maverick went down. I lucked out and rode Valravn early in the day when it was still a 45 minute wait. Park wasn't that crowded at all and it still managed lines of over 2 hours for the rest of the day. TTD had a 25 minute wait, which I found surprising but it turns out they had five trains running at the same time (I've only ever seen Kingda Ka run three, so this made me happy).

Though I feel so sorry for the people who have to work on Dragster. That stupid song that keeps replaying in the station every three seconds; just five minutes of that and I already wanted to bash someone's head in with a sledgehammer.

Just got off a MF night ride. It was my first experience on the coaster and was so much fun! There was really good floater air, the drop was stunning, and the speed was impeccable. Don't know why MF received so much hate.

Just got off a MF night ride. It was my first experience on the coaster and was so much fun! There was really good floater air, the drop was stunning, and the speed was impeccable. Don't know why MF received so much hate.

You and me both. That ride is a really good coaster during the day, and a life changing experience at night. I'll never understand the MF haters.

I have returned from a decade's long awaited trip to Cedar Point.

Unfortunately I don't have any good photos so I have nothing for a trip report, but some quick thoughts...

1). Lake Erie is nice and it was weird being on a freshwater beach (even though I was on a pier in Chicago once).

2). There's a ton of hicks living in that area for some reason. Parts of it feels like the deep south (to the point where the park even sells moonshine). Kind of creepy, isn't it.

3). I thought bugs were dying off after seeing less of them here in Jersey...but nooooooooooooo. I spent half the time dodging / running away from hornets and looking in horror at the unprecedented amount of spider webs everywhere.why take them down just to put them back up in a couple of weeks?

4). Millennium Force fulfilled all my mental, emotional, spiritual, and sexual desires.Thats creepy

5). Hotel Breakers looks like the hotel from The Shining.Thats creepy but in a good way

6). I was surprised by just how far Cedar Point's resort area extended (the Holiday Inn I was staying at was across the street from Castaway Bay, which was about 5 miles away from the park).its not 5 miles but that beautiful view on the causeway makes it seem like it.

7). When a discount to most parks means shelling out $70, Cedar Point's only like $50. Damn. [Fun Fact: When I last went to Disney World in 2004, a ticket was like $54...it's since doubled. Inflation sucks.]Thats why I pass on dancing with a mouse

8). Even with the crowds being somewhat mild, I could only get 8 of the 15 coasters in (Blue Streak, Valravn, MF, Mean Streak, Dragster, Magnum, Gatekeeper, & Iron Dragon). Would have been 9 if Maverick didn't break down last minute.You did it wrong, but that's OK, you had a great time and will be coming back

9). If there's two things I wish Cedar Point would add is a log flume and some kind of dark ride, but overall I was not disappointed. The park / resort impressed me and the rides were top notch. parks don't seem to like flumes anymore. Not sure why, the GP loves them.(I think)

Except for Mean Streak. F**k Mean Streak. Good riddance to that thing. May its splinters cushion Satan's balls in Hell for all eternity.Thats a good one, may I have your permission to use it?

Edited by Thread Killer