TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Is early entry really that reliable to get on 3 rides before the park opens?

When I used it back in May by staying at Breakers, we got into the park an hour early and headed to Maverick. Lo and behold, closed. Then we headed to Valravn, closed. Millenium Force, closed. We ended up standing in line for an hour and then they finally opened the ride. After we got off the park was open and we didn't really get to take advantage of it.

I'm not saying I'm not glad we got on MF first, I'm just wondering if that's typically how it goes or if I just got unlucky?

When I used it back in May by staying at Breakers, we got into the park an hour early and headed to Maverick. Lo and behold, closed. Then we headed to Valravn, closed. Millenium Force, closed. We ended up standing in line for an hour and then they finally opened the ride. After we got off the park was open and we didn't really get to take advantage of it.

I'm not saying I'm not glad we got on MF first, I'm just wondering if that's typically how it goes or if I just got unlucky?

You were just unlucky.

I've had good days and bad days. The best days I do stuff like knock out two on Millennium Force now that everyone heads to Valravn, then head to Maverick and knock out a couple more there. Or Gatekeeper.

How would you react if someone said...

Millennium Force is the worst giga coaster

Gemini is a top 5 coaster at the park

All of their B&Ms suck

Magnum needs to be knocked down for a new hyper

Kings Island, Knott's Berry Farm, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Great Adventure, and Magic Mountain are all better parks

Their operations are the worst out of any park

Coaster Studios is the guru of enthusiasts

Kings Dominion is getting a hyper in 2017

Mean Streak will be replaced by some smaller flat rides

Skyhawk needs to be closed

NOT HATING, just curious

All of their B&Ms suck

Kings Island, Knott's Berry Farm, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Great Adventure, and Magic Mountain are all better parks

NOT HATING, just curious

image.jpeg.cdef398372c87b469af2f7114f4630ac.jpeg

All of their B&Ms suck

NOT HATING, just curious

67329141.jpg?w=500

All of their B&Ms suck

NOT HATING, just curious

I would laugh.

All of their B&Ms suck

NOT HATING, just curious

Someone's salty.

All of their B&Ms suck

NOT HATING, just curious

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-22.png

The operative word is "May". Cedar Point can't get out of their own way the first few weeks of the season. I don't suggest anyone (besides a local with a season pass) visit this place until after Memorial Day. Once they hit their stride, early entry is very reliable.

2017 passes on sale. What I find intriguing is on the benefits page for renewals in addition to the free fast lane plus that the other parks also offer, you get a free fall Sunday ticket for a friend. Though when I check out it only lists the fast lane so I'll probably need to call them to see how that works... might actually be better off getting the cedar point platinum pass in USD than the wonderland pass in CAN for this year (the fast lane plus for CP and free ticket are worth 30$ imo)

All of their B&Ms suck

NOT HATING, just curious

I mean, I'd probably look at their age and then go about to doing something else.

All of their B&Ms suck

NOT HATING, just curious

I disagree with everything in this post. I love all of their B&Ms and what is wrong with Skyhawk? All the Screamin Swings I've been on are awesome. MF is the only giga I've ridden, so I can't compare it but there is no way it's the worst one. Magnum might be a little rough but it doesn't need to be removed. Gemini is fun but definitely not better than TTD, MF, Maverick, Gatekeeper, or Valravn (my top five in the park). I haven't been to the other parks so I can't compare.

That is how I would react.

Madmax, i enjoy people getting into coasters at a young age. Thing is, your coming in guns firing in a blazing ring of fire. You might want to calm down a little before you get banned. Having a passion for coasters is a good thing, but typing diarrhea on this site will get you banned quicker then ttd's launch

All of their B&Ms suck

NOT HATING, just curious

The only potential argument would be the first one, my friend somehow prefers Leviathan to MF (His reason was it was smoother).

Also if magnum is sinking I guess it will be needing to be replaced someday.

I had a great time at CP this past Tuesday and Wednesday. It was kind of a last minute trip after a crazy summer where I got laid off and didn't get to do nearly as much coaster adventuring as I had hoped. Fortunately I found a new job and was able to squeeze this trip in before starting.

Getting in and out of CLE was surprisingly easy. I'm a fan of that airport and the nearby area. For anyone doing the same trip, I highly recommend staying at the nearby candlewood suites and eating at Fatheads brewery.

Breakers Express was really nice, and the package deal with free parking, discounted tickets, and early access. Also highly recommend.

It had been 8 years since my last visit. A lot has changed, and everything seems to be much improved across the park. I miss Disaster Transport, but the new B&M's were nice, and the park really seemed refreshed all around.

You'd think a random overcast Tuesday would be the perfect day to go to Cedar Point, but it was pretty busy, largely due to Lebron James treating his foundation to a day at the park. I didn't have too much trouble with the crowds though, since they tend to focus on the big-ticket rides while I enjoyed the arrow classics and some of the flats. The bigger problem was the rain. Even just a slight mist earlier in the day shut the park down for awhile, which was annoying. When it actually started to rain I decided to check out the Saloon Show, which was nice but has nothing on SDC's version. Finally the skies cleared up and that evening was a blast with lower crowds.

Only major comment I had was that I can't believe how much trouble they seem to be having with Valraven? It broke down multiple times during those two days, including once when I was on it. Being stuck on the lift hill under those claustrophobic restraints wasn't as fun as you might imagine. I wouldn't have minded on most any other coaster, but that's not a good angle to be stuck in under that heavy vest thing. Fortunately they gave us exit passes, and the front row ride on TTD afterwards made up for it. Seems odd for a brand new B&M to be breaking down a lot, but then again CP runs their rides a lot harder than most any other park.

Only major comment I had was that I can't believe how much trouble they seem to be having with Valraven? It broke down multiple times during those two days, including once when I was on it. Being stuck on the lift hill under those claustrophobic restraints wasn't as fun as you might imagine. I wouldn't have minded on most any other coaster, but that's not a good angle to be stuck in under that heavy vest thing.

Yeah, I don't think I would like to be stuck on a ride with over the shoulder restraints and not being able to look around. I've been stuck on the lifts of Mamba at WoF and Renagade at VF (twice) and those were both fine because I could just look around and enjoy the views. The Mamba one was really nice because that was a 95 degree day without a breeze, but there was a breeze 120 feet up in the air so it felt a lot cooler for those fifteen minutes and they even gave us a free cup of ice water (and said they would've brought it up to us because of the heat if we were stuck much longer)

Our trip to CP in June was actually the first trip I've ever taken to a CF park without getting stuck on a ride