TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^So Ripcord is gone, with additional parking in its place. Wonder if it will be moved to a new location within the park?

I would imagine so. If I recall correctly, Carowinds moved theirs without much of an issue. It honestly will probably drive more revenue inside the park than outside depending on where they move it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

^^ Thanks for that!

I always figured new gates/entrances would figure into all this, and sure enough, both Soak City, and Cedar Point, are getting new gates. A new back gate into CP was desperately needed, as that old setup, was really awkward, and had a "back alley" vibe to it. It would appear that the new gate will be after you go through the tunnel under Perimeter Rd., and end up located pretty much parallel with Magnum's Photo building. So, in a way, this gate will make Magnum become another "Gate Coaster", to match GateKeeper and Valravn!

I think this means my idea of another back gate over near RMC Streak is less likely, but that's ok. I'm still holding out hope that they will eliminate the dead end back there, and connect to the Gemini area, so we shall see!'

^So Ripcord is gone, with additional parking in its place. Wonder if it will be moved to a new location within the park?

I would imagine so. If I recall correctly, Carowinds moved theirs without much of an issue. It honestly will probably drive more revenue inside the park than outside depending on where they move it.

Shoot the Rapids area would make sense space wise, but not sure it would fit in with the ambience of the area.

Whem I stayed at breakers express a couple years ago they sent me a survey. On the survey I put that it needed mini fridges. Now Breakers express is getting mini fridges.

You should have put on the survey that they need a shuttle service to the park. Neither Breakers Express nor Castaway Bay provide a guest shuttle service to Cedar Point, which I find appaling since they are both owned by Cedar Point and neither hotel is really walking distance to the park. Not everyone goes to Cedar Point in their own car, and even if they did the last thing a lot of people want to do after driving 4-6 hours is drive more and have to deal with parking, especially if they are staying at a Cedar Point branded hotel. I don't see the point of staying at Breakers Express except for the little tiny bit of early entry time - you might as well stay at the Holiday Inn Express next door which will be a better hotel for a most-likely cheaper rate.

With that being said I think the rebranding and expansion of the water park including access to the Lake Erie beach is a good move for Cedar Point and I can't wait to hear what they are going to do to Mean Streak (RMC please!).

You know the "You're never too important to have to do work remotely at Cedar Point?" Yeah. So - since I have to make a call next week, does anyone know if the Starbucks A) opens with the park at 10AM B) is it blaring music or anything like that?

You know the "You're never too important to have to do work remotely at Cedar Point?" Yeah. So - since I have to make a call next week, does anyone know if the Starbucks A) opens with the park at 10AM B) is it blaring music or anything like that?

I think it opens at like 9. The early entry gate is beyond Starbucks so people can go there. As for music? No music but there will be loud teenage girls.

I think it opens at like 9. The early entry gate is beyond Starbucks so people can go there. As for music? No music but there will be loud teenage girls.

It's a weekday. I can cope.

Hello all, my dates at CP are finally within reach! I'll be arriving at Breakers on Sunday evening and visiting the park for all of Monday and half of Tuesday.

We have early entry, so I assume we should hit Maverick or MF early? I've been on Griffon before so Valravn isn't a *huge* priority for me to ride early on. Should we go Maverick, MF, end up at TTD for the rope drop?

Also, sorry to be that guy, but what can we expect wait times to be like? Any tips on order of riding the coasters? For reference, I'm not trying to get a bunch of credits, I'm trying to maximize rerides on the good coasters. Any tips on flats we should make sure to ride or food we should eat?

Thanks in advance, I know you guys answer these kind of questions regularly, and it has to be annoying for you guys now!

Hello all, my dates at CP are finally within reach! I'll be arriving at Breakers on Sunday evening and visiting the park for all of Monday and half of Tuesday.

We have early entry, so I assume we should hit Maverick or MF early? I've been on Griffon before so Valravn isn't a *huge* priority for me to ride early on. Should we go Maverick, MF, end up at TTD for the rope drop?

Also, sorry to be that guy, but what can we expect wait times to be like? Any tips on order of riding the coasters? For reference, I'm not trying to get a bunch of credits, I'm trying to maximize rerides on the good coasters. Any tips on flats we should make sure to ride or food we should eat?

Thanks in advance, I know you guys answer these kind of questions regularly, and it has to be annoying for you guys now!

That's a good plan of attack for early entry. The park is only open till 8 on Monday and Tuesday so I don't think you should have much problems with waits. Millennium, Dragster, Maverick, and Valravn should be under 45 minutes. Probably closer to only about a half hour, or less. Everything else will most likely be 10 minutes or less.

Can't miss flats... the only one I'd say is Skyhawk and, if it's a clear day, Windseeker.

Food: I absolutely adore Frontier Inn chicken. It's right next to Maverick's exit. Also the fresh cut French fries with buffalo sauce are also really, really good.

Hope this helps!

Should we go Maverick, MF, end up at TTD for the rope drop?

Yes

what can we expect wait times to be like? Any tips on order of riding the coasters? For reference, I'm not trying to get a bunch of credits, I'm trying to maximize rerides on the good coasters. Any tips on flats we should make sure to ride or food we should eat?

Honestly it's going to be pretty slow so you should get a lot of rides in. Don't ever ride any coasters in the front of the park early in the day (unless you want to ride Gatekeeper for Early Entry one day) but otherwise no strategy is needed.

As far as food, I really love Famous Daves in the Marina. Exit through the Marina gate under Valravn, walk across the access road and you'll see it. Ask for a table outside. The food is really good but when combined with the atmosphere it's a really great place to eat. If you have a Platinum Pass show it for everything you buy in the park, including Lunch at Famous Daves.

Other than that just the standard tips, get a front seat ride on Dragster. Front seat and lean forward on Mean Streak with your back off the seat back if you don't want to die and pull the seatbelts as tight as possible on Magnum to avoid getting slammed into the restraints. Oh and ride the damn Sky Ride. Oh, and if you go to the park on Sunday evening ride Gemeni then. They're going to start losing staff and they may not race it on a weekday with an 8:00 closing. Ride Gemeni in the middle row of any car, not on a wheel seat. Same goes for Blue Streak.

Have fun!

Can't miss flats... the only one I'd say is Skyhawk and, if it's a clear day, Windseeker.

Maxair says hi. lol

PS: I F**ing love Windseeker.

(unless you want to ride Gatekeeper for Early Entry one day)

Don't do this. Gatekeeper's line is almost non-existent towards the end of the day. If you want to go on Valravn (Which I strongly recommend because it's an awesome ride), get to the marina gate like 15 minutes before Early Entry starts, and go directly over to Valravn. You'll be one of the first riders with minimal waiting. Then head over to Millennium and Maverick. Once the park actually opens you can either grab more rides on Maverick or head over to Top Thrill if you see it running (And if you're not riding in front you're doing it wrong).

Wait until afternoon to ride Gatekeeper and Raptor. Raptor can be an hour wait in the morning, and a walk on in the afternoon.

Oh yeah I don't deny that it would be a stupid strategical move but on day 2 if you want to take it slow and don't really care then go for it. The only way it would ever be a good idea to ride Gatekeeper early in the morning would be if it's running early on an absurdly windy day where it's likely to go down for wind later on.

Has it been confirmed that RipCord is only being relocated? Are we sure it's not just being removed entirely?

Nothing has been confirmed, but Carowinds relocated theirs and it stands to reason that they'll relocate this one too.

...and we didn't find out where it was going until it was being reconstructed in it's new location in late February. There wasnt an announcement for it being relocated we just knew the go karts and Skycoaster were being removed and out of nowhere the Skycoaster popped up at the front of the park with the new name RipCord.

Edited by pproteinc