TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I see sometimes that the ride is having troubles from time to ti.

This is true. And it's also true of just about every coaster in existence. But the ride has been running fine this year. I think it's operated every single operating day so far this season.

I'm pretty regular to CP (I've been about 20 times this year) and Valravn has operated every single time I've been there for at least 2/3 of the day. Yes it has also broken down for a little while each time but nothing that has kept it down for any lengthy period of time.

Valravn having problems? Lightning Rod says hi.

So, my partner and I were just having a discussion recently. We just had our first visit to King's Dominion(which was a fun trip), but we live close to CP and visit often. We have platinum passes and enjoy hitting the park for early entry. Between CP early entry and the early entry over at KD, I have not ever once attended an early entry day where everything operated. I get the point of Early Entry. It's an awesome perk for hotel guests and pass holders, but it's hard to see the value in it as an up sell when all the advertised attractions either aren't opening for early entry or the are down. Now, I am sure that most of the time everything is just fine; but it's a pretty interesting coincidence that for the amount of times we make the early entry, and the one time we visit KD, the rides aren't available.

I definitely think that on days where, say, a ride that is supposed to open for early entry but is having issues from the start of testing, make another attraction available. Easier said than done, better on paper I'm sure, but not a bad idea IMO.

Just thought I would put my two cents in on ride breakdowns. That is the only time it has every bothered me. Other than that, it's pretty typical to see rides break down periodically.

Everyone saying otherwise is wrong

I never said they didn't care. I have no doubt that they'll have a ton of 150th anniversary merchandise for sale and probably some cool promotions and events but none of this guarantees a new coaster or major ride.

Well, technically, you said parks "don't give a single S***" about them, which could be construed as saying "they dont care", just sayin'...

Here is where I come down on this issue...

To say parks don't care about Anniversaries, is false. Parks do care, and yes, they market them all the time. However, that does not mean they celebrate them with a major new attraction, which some people seem to expect. So, I would agree with what coasterbill said up there, but not so much with what he said about them not giving a bleep previously!

So, it got buried underneath yet another re-hashing of the Anniversary debate, but I posted a pretty long and well thought out look at what the next couple of years may bring in regard to Soak City, RMC Streak, and beyond. I had hoped there might be some discussion on various points I brought up, and people answering my question about their thoughts on where Ripcord may be moved, if indeed it is moved. Or, we can just go over and over the same silly debates and sarcastic rejoinders that we typically do here, and not engage in interesting speculation about the exciting future of this park we enjoy! I know some people belittle speculation, but it's harmless (as long as it's not ridiculous), and compels people to think critically about the park, and is fun for a lot of us. Besides, by the end of the day, a lot of the things I speculated about will either be more known, or at least could be eliminated! Last chance to get in any predictions, before the pieces start to come together!

I'm less than 10 days to the trip and already too excited to sleep. I honestly can't find any trip reports of the waterpark (not surprised), but can anyone call out any must ride slides? I'm a waterpark fun, but honestly nothing looks beyond average. Anyone care to disagree?

I've read the fresh french fry places have gotten a face lift, Pink's is hit or miss, and Chickie and Pete's is the most recommended place in the park. I don't plan on eating much in the park, but am I missing any reliable park food?

^ I'll be surprised if anybody says much about Soak City is above average... It is shockingly mediocre. (Aside from the swim up bar... Such a thing is never mediocre!)

I like Pink's, but it is overpriced, for what you get. This year, I never miss the Valravn ice cream from the Toft's store! It's insanely good!

So, I would agree with what coasterbill said up there, but not so much with what he said about them not giving a bleep previously!

To be fair that was sort of the context I said it in originally also. I won't deny that parks will happily sell people a bunch of anniversary T shirts, I was responding to a bunch of dumb posts about how an anniversary year was somehow connected to a major new attraction the first time too.

I'm less than 10 days to the trip and already too excited to sleep. I honestly can't find any trip reports of the waterpark (not surprised), but can anyone call out any must ride slides? I'm a waterpark fun, but honestly nothing looks beyond average. Anyone care to disagree?

The only slide I find thrilling is the family raft slide. But it's only if you ride with a group where you are almost at the max weight allowed.

The only slide I find thrilling is the family raft slide. But it's only if you ride with a group where you are almost at the max weight allowed.

And you'll likely wait at least an hour for it, even on an only moderately crowded day!

I've read the fresh french fry places have gotten a face lift, Pink's is hit or miss, and Chickie and Pete's is the most recommended place in the park. I don't plan on eating much in the park, but am I missing any reliable park food?

If you are in to chicken go to frontier Inn near Maverick. Very, very good chicken.

This is just a preview, right? I can't see them adding just a simple complex like that when they've done all of this prep work to Challenge Park next door. I still won't step foot in there again unless they include it with admission.

butwait.jpg.bcdb084713aacf4554e0937f0da6a3b4.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-18-10-14-13.thumb.png.c40041e0d43991c40915ac9950c93e04.png